Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

RAW Thoughts

Go down 
+5
Junior
Worthy
hodge13
thegunman84
Rocky2
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Decent show I thought. I'm not going to talk about the show's events in the correct order and that's why I'm starting with the main event.

Yet another tag match to end the show, got a bit bored as I usually do with RAW main event tag team matches but the ending was OK. Wasn't expecting Jericho to cost Cena the match, thought he would steal the win from under Cena's nose. Khali randomly chopping members of his team was amusing and I thought it was a bit stupid that Morrison and R Truth were still going on at each other about the end to Morrison's match with DiBiase although I understand why they were.

Unless Miz wins the title soon, I can see him moving over to SmackDown. I just don't think it would be believable if Miz backed off Sheamus (or Orton), I would have thought a person like Miz would keep on trying to cash it in until he was successful. However, if he does end up backing off, I can see him beating Kane for the WHC at SummerSlam after Kane obviously beats Rey and after either Taker's attacker or Taker himself beat up Kane allowing Miz to take advantage.

I reckon the entire RAW roster will surround the Nexus the week before SummerSlam and beat them down. Not the most original idea from me but I think RAW will eventually have to look equal and unified with each other at some point. Next week, I can see Cena walking out on his team (literally I mean, he will leave them in the ring).

Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Last night was one of the worst wrestling shows I've sat through in ages, and considering how poor RAW is generally, that's really saying something. It was full of shitty to average matches and uninteresting promos and angles.

The 7 on 7 match was very poor. It's pretty obvious why we haven't seen much of the Nexus members in actual matches, and they would probably have benefitted if the likes of Mark Henry had been replaced by Regal and Finlay (is he even still employed?), the fact that the match was very predictable and essentially an overly long squash really didn't help. I really feel this angle is dying on its arse after a promising beginning.

Oh, and how many weeks are we gonna have the opening segment be a Cena pep talk, it's fucking overkill!
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Miz's MITB is for a Raw title match though, so he can't use it on Smackdown.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:39 am

anyone else thought WWE were teasing a Jericho face turn after his springboard dropkick? The small celebratory thing he used to do which didn't fit with his current gimmick
Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:31 am

thegunman84 wrote:
Last night was one of the worst wrestling shows I've sat through in ages, and considering how poor RAW is generally, that's really saying something. It was full of shitty to average matches and uninteresting promos and angles.

The 7 on 7 match was very poor. It's pretty obvious why we haven't seen much of the Nexus members in actual matches, and they would probably have benefitted if the likes of Mark Henry had been replaced by Regal and Finlay (is he even still employed?), the fact that the match was very predictable and essentially an overly long squash really didn't help. I really feel this angle is dying on its arse after a promising beginning.

Oh, and how many weeks are we gonna have the opening segment be a Cena pep talk, it's fucking overkill!

I agree with you Gunman, I too didn't think much of Raw this week and I agree with alot of what you said there especially that 7 on 7 squash match.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:04 pm

hodge13 wrote:
Miz's MITB is for a Raw title match though, so he can't use it on Smackdown.

Money In The Bank can be cashed in on any title at any place at in time they said on raw so Hmmm Razz
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:30 pm

but they had 2 MITB matches so that they had a briefcase for each show to cash in on each title,

you would also have to ask if he could cash in on WHC why he hasnt made a trip to SD yet as a 'reminder' that he can cash it in, he has just been doing it to Sheamus.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:32 pm

element of suprise ffs hence what mitb is lol not saying he will just saying he could
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:02 pm

I think the same as Hodge. Raw MITB can only be cashed in on Raw - otherwise there would of been no point on having 2 mitb matches on the same PPV
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:05 pm

nope .....
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Junior wrote:
nope .....

Are you 100%?
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:36 pm

yes cm punk done it few years back and they didnt actually say they changed ofrmat just bums assumed
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Miz can only cash against wwe champion and Kane was only able to cash against WHC.

Back to Raw - while I accept it had some poorish matches I felt it continued to build well towards Summerslam - though defo a Cena overkill just got to hope that Nexus go over and re kickstarts the storyline.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:14 pm

The briefcase contains a contract that guarantees a match for one of WWE's world titles, which include the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship. Throughout ECW's time as an active brand, its world title, the ECW Championship, was an option as well
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Not anymore - that was for when it was a Wrestlemania match. It was made quite clear at MITB that the Raw match was for a shot a WWE title and Smackdown for the WHC.

Miz cannot cash in against Kane.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:24 pm

oh sorry random person i wasnt aware wwe wesbite was wrong and you was right im awfully sorry ... Rolling Eyes

im not saying he will i dont think he will but he can.....
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Erm, they have said again and again that you can only cash it in on the world champion of the brand the case is for. Hence why one case is blue and the other red. Are you sure you got that quote from that right place? Because that looks a lot like what it would say for the original Money in the Bank match at 'Mania, since it says 'briefcase' singular rather than plural briefcases.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:38 pm

You got a link to where it says that on the wwe website junior?

All I've seen on the site is an article here which implies that the briefcase contains a contract for a shot at the WWE Championship, not a choice between the two.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:53 pm

It was where they had like the list of all match types
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Hmmm, well the MITB as a PPV concept was just a trial and not necessarily something they are going to do every year unless they got good buyrates. So they might have just left that page as it is until they determine the future of the match type.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Its brand specific
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Junior

This is from the WWE site. Can be found under MITB results for Raw MITB

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Eight of Raw’s top Superstars collided for a coveted WWE Title opportunity at Money in the Bank. At the end of a punishing and precarious bout, it was United States Champion The Miz who would ascend the ladder and snatch the briefcase out of the air in the Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match, earning the notorious egotist a WWE Championship Match wherever or whenever he wants in the next year

Making it clear its for the WWE title

love

the random person who actually bothered to check the wwe site

ps it might encourage people like me who lurk more than post to post more when you don't get people trying to mock them especially when they are correct!!

Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:11 pm

This is being picky I admit, but WWE Championship could mean any WWE title, not neccassarily THE WWE Championship.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:12 pm

so the two posst contradict like guns said they probally havent made mind up so you may not be correct king

oh as for encouraging you you post once in a bluemoon so im not botherd
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Rocky wrote:
This is being picky I admit, but WWE Championship could mean any WWE title, not neccassarily THE WWE Championship.

Laughing Wink

also what about wade baretts title shot Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RAW Thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW Thoughts    RAW Thoughts  Empty

Back to top Go down

RAW Thoughts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next