Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Raw thoughts...

Go down 
+4
InvincibleIleak
boschbourne06
hodge13
Grecian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:39 am

Just finishing watching last night's Raw...

No guest host, which thankfully meant no God-awful backstage 'comedy' sections. On the bad side, no Bella twins in any role, which is always a shame. The WWE title took centre-stage, which is how it should be, rather than 3 members of the A-team trying to find Lawler's crown.

Bret Hart was 'relieved of his duties' by Vince in the opening segment. Vince then announced we have a new GM... who is anonymous and communicates his decisions via emailing Michael Cole. This just smells of Vince deciding that Bret sucked in the role (which he did, let's face it), and couldn't think of anyone for the role at short notice.

the NXT 7 have been signed to Raw contracts, and they 'apologised' for their actions in a really half-arsed way (which I liked). Michael Tarver for me stole this segment, giving a bit of his backstory (apparently he was homeless?) and is a single dad to 5 kids, and apologised to them for what they'd seen their father do. The crowd booed them all the way through, even Justin Gabriel who I think is the most natural face of the group.

Sheamus' opening promo was very well done, meeting Vince in the ring and pretending to hand the WWE title back as he didn;t want to win it in that way, before laughing and saying he'd take it anyway. he played it brilliantly.

Main event saw Sheamus defend against Cena in a standard Cena match (although interesting to hear lawler refer to Cena as 'Superman' on commentary). It all ended when the NXT 7 came down and laid out...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:40 am

i was thinking the GM role could be being left open for a Danielson return if he were to come back
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:45 am

I also thought that hodge but i also thought he left because he didnt like what they done so i thought the best person for that would be if Wade Barrett was GM.

Anyone else think it'll be Triple H to return and save the day from the Nxt guys ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:44 pm

I really like the NxT story, as it is making me want to watch Raw, making me want it to come quicker to see the next part of the story, and with the undertaker story on Smackdown, you have two very good, hopefully long running stories.

I love the way the NxT group stand around the guy while Justin Gabriel hits the 450 splash, it always looks really good, and Gabriel's straight face just really adds to it. The stable is very very good and the best part is that 7 new guys are getting over from it, rather than the current main event.

I'm assuming either Wade Barret won't be using his title shot for the WWE Championship in a singles match anytime soon, with Sheamus being heel, and two quite similar characters I guess. But I could see him using it and Cena using his rematch clause, or him using it on a different title, but I would rather he waited, and won the big one in a few months time, and then the stable to fall apart as the others get jealous.

I'm very interested in who the RAW GM is, and I hope it won't be an anticlimax, and the mark part of me wants it to be revealed soon but I think the story would be better if it dragged on for a while who the mystery GM was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:04 pm

Triple H will most likely return at Summerslam to take on Sheamus.

Can't see it being Barrett tbh, not often do you get guys being both a wrestler and GM, i think i only remember Regal doing the role.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Emailing michael cole via internet

Hmmm whos the interent superstar?

who want contact with michael cole ?

They clearly want us to think oh bryan ...in 91 days or w/e could easilly be swerve
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:36 pm

The ending sounds alright, did the ref ring the bell to stop the match when Vince got attacked (and Sheamus and Cena tried to help Vince) or were Sheamus and Cena attacked first and then the NXT guys turned on Vince?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:39 pm

oh come on, Jnr put mine in a spoiler for revealing stuff Mad

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:41 pm

So Sheamus has got to be involved now or at least that is what they want us to think. I thought something was going on when he escaped on Sunday, but 2 shows in a row...
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:42 pm

they were literally coming down the ramp and thats when he escaped through the crowd by the announce table
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:18 pm

hodge13 wrote:
Triple H will most likely return at Summerslam to take on Sheamus.

Can't see it being Barrett tbh, not often do you get guys being both a wrestler and GM, i think i only remember Regal doing the role.

yeah i do think he will return and take the title of Sheamus but i also think he'll be the saviour of the WWE by taking out the Nxt lot

i can see him beating Sheamus at Summerslam, have at least a 2 month title reign with him making enemies with the NxT'ers and that leaves him facing wade barrett at Hell in the cell october 3rd no matter the result at bragging rights its WWE Vs NxT'ers with Triple H being the saviour
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:21 pm

hodge were you dropped on youre head when you was born son?

i dont need to put it in spoilers its in a raw thread u thikc imbred farmer!

jesues next time you pick an argumetn make sure it has ground.dick.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:45 pm

and now my comment has disappeared
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:45 pm

what comment?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:46 pm

the one that said it looked like Vince 'took one for the team' last night
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:47 pm

different thread

http://wweandtna.niceboard.org/wrestling-news-f37/don-t-expect-anything-out-of-the-ordinary-for-raw-tonight-t13352.htm

GOd if youre gunna have a go make sure you have a valid reason

i expect no apology? right ok thanks
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:48 pm

thats where i be getting confused, my bad Jnr
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:50 pm

i would love to see paul hayman being named as the raw gm,and having him lead the nexus crew.dont think it will happen though.
Back to top Go down
Keeno125
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
Keeno125

Location : Scotland Number of posts : 287 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Cm Punk
Christian
Randy Orton

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:46 am

Raw for the first time in a while wasn't as bad to watch. I stayed up, like i usually do anyway and watched it. And i actually enjoyed the majority of the show. Sheamus' promo at the start was pretty decent, and believe it or not it's always nice to see VKM even if he is a total jackass. Could see the Bret firing thing coming but i'm confident he'll be back at somepoint, not sure what though.

Nice to see the whole idea of a Mystery GM and i want to know who it is but i'd also like them to drag it out for as long as they can because it's a decent storyline. Like someone mentioned earlier the fact that the Nxt storyline on Raw is a pretty good one that has people wanting to watch RAW. And they have the Kane storyline on Smackdown that also has people wanting to keep watching, WWE hasn't been as bad on a whole as it has been in the past few months.

The ending of RAW was also pretty decent, showing that the NXT guys really don't give a shit what they do, and that they don't really respect anyone, i think it'll definately turn into the new GM obviously being their leader and VKM maybe turning to help the WWE Superstars, looking forward to it though!

Overall, pretty decent show!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raw thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw thoughts...   Raw thoughts... Empty

Back to top Go down

Raw thoughts...
Page 1 of 1