Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Darts: World Matchplay

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Darts: World Matchplay Empty
PostSubject: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:48 pm

Seems an intresting tournement so far. Raymond van Barneveld already hit a 9-darter in his 10-1 victory over Denis Ovens. Gary Anderson 10-0 winner over Robert Thornton. Terry Jenkins elimated to a relitivly unknown in Scott Brown. Also Adrian Lewis eleminated by Mark Webster. Phil Taylor plays tomorrow. All fun at the moment. Haven't had a bet on it just yet but watching Gary Anderson, he might be worth putting a fiver on.

Anyone else watching it? I know Cough likes a bit of darts Wink
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:25 pm

simple answer......no Razz
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
Vince calls you realising his mistake
CoughSplutter

Number of posts : 1538 Favourite Wrestler : Tna - Jeff Jarrett, Mr Anderson, The Pope, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Yes indeed I do but I have been crazy busy the last few days so have only caught bits of it.

Good to see Barney continue his form, I hope he wins it, he deserves to and I hope Whitlock has a good run aswell.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:38 pm

Another good night so far. Kevin Painter was 8-2 down to win 11-9 against Colin Lloyd. Also, MArk Dudbridge was 5-0 down and was unlucky to loose to Mark Walsh in another game which went into over time.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:38 pm

Phil Taylor started slow last night but came through quite comfortably in the end. Hometown hero Ronnie Baxter elimated earlier to Wayne Jones in what I would say was an upset.

James Wade through. Raymond van Barneveld looking like he is back to his best. Havent seen him play this good for a few year now.
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Number of posts : 1538 Favourite Wrestler : Tna - Jeff Jarrett, Mr Anderson, The Pope, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Glad to see Barney is playing well. He is one of my all time favourites and I believe if he keeps playing like this then he could be a winner of this, along with the possibility of Whitlock.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Missed a few days of this due to being away but read whats been going on. Phil Taylor is on fire at the minute and Barney is looking good also. Should be a cracker and I'm thinking Barney for the win.
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 7:38 pm

I'd love for Barney to win,He's got such a great action where as Taylor is almost like a robot.

I don't think it would do any harm to the sport if Barney won because if Taylor continues to just brush everyone aside people will just turn off as they will know who win.

I personally only got into Darts because Terry Jenkins lives around my area,but have really got into it since.
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Taylor is a knob and Barney is a god. Please oh please can Barney win this, he definately deserves to.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Quite a good final. Not the best for its high scoring (only 11 x 180's throughout) but the 100+ checkouts. Taylor hit a 124 and a 161 to keep his throw while Barney hit a 136 to keep his throw.

A close game until around the 20th leg then afer that Taylor slowly pulled away. Phil Taylor wins 18-12 to win his 11th Matchplay chapionship.

I agree and disagree with you Mike to be honest. I agree it would do no harm if Barney had won the game but I disagree that people will turn off because Taylor wins all the time. From a personal view I enjoy watching Taylor because he tries to break a record everytime he plays. I'm not Taylors biggest fan (James Wade for me) but I do enjoy watching him play.
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:17 pm

I agree with Mike, I am getting fed up of watching a tournament already knowing who is going to win the thing.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:20 pm

CoughSplutter wrote:
I agree with Mike, I am getting fed up of watching a tournament already knowing who is going to win the thing.

I don't thing it will happen for much longer as Taylor says he will retire sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:24 pm

I am pretty sure he has been saying that for the last 5 years.

It changes all the time:

"Yeah I will retire soon"

"Nah No Nah not going to retire until I win 20 World Titles because I'm a cunt. No one is good enough, I will win this and win that"
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:29 pm

Since he became a millionaire I think it will be different time. I say 3 years.

European Championship starts on Thursday on Bravo. Should be an intresting watch. In the past, Taylor hasn't won these type of championship (by that mean championships not on Sky SPorts or non-televised championships)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darts: World Matchplay   Darts: World Matchplay Empty

Back to top Go down

Darts: World Matchplay
Page 1 of 1