Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?

Go down 
+3
Enhancement talent
Worthy
Horizon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

TNA - Mondays/Thursdays? Empty
PostSubject: TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?   TNA - Mondays/Thursdays? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:29 pm

So TNA announced they were heading back to thursdays from next week. First question is: do you think this is the right decision for TNA? and second question is: Has the short time on monday nights helped TNA?

I think they were right to go back to thursdays because they can get better ratings because they aren't competing with RAW. I do think going to mondays helped because it made people notice them and attracted attention to TNA.

What do you reckon?
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?   TNA - Mondays/Thursdays? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Someone has already done a thread on this in the wrestling news section here http://wweandtna.niceboard.org/wrestling-news-f37/tna-breaking-news-t12756.htm

Like I said on there, TNA Impact on a Mondays in my oppinion was a stupid idea because proper wrestling fans would watch both shows because they like wrestling shows in general, so they lose out because they can not watch both at the same time and also some of the WWE marks are stupid as I've seen some daft comments by them such as "I'm not watching TNA because they are not a big company" and "John Cena could beat the whole TNA roster by himself" and when I try to explain how it's all fake, how WWE have more money than TNA because they have been running longer and how WWE built Cena up... I feel like i've told a 2 year old that Santa isn't real.

Back to my earlier point though, it's the same with MMA fans because if you are a true MMA fan then you'll watch anything that is MMA, not just UFC because "it's popular" and I sense this is whats happening with alot of WWE marks where they only watch WWE because it's "popular".
Back to top Go down
Horizon
Horizon

PostSubject: Re: TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?   TNA - Mondays/Thursdays? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:43 pm

I know but thats the news section. This is the discussion section
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?   TNA - Mondays/Thursdays? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Oh I see what you mean and this opic is slightly diffrent (BTW appologies if my post gave you the wrong impression as I wasn't having ago).
Back to top Go down
Horizon
Horizon

PostSubject: Re: TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?   TNA - Mondays/Thursdays? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:51 pm

It's fine lol. Just thought nobody had started a thread in the discussion bit about this yet, which is surprising as this is a fairly big thing.
Back to top Go down
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

Location : Derry Number of posts : 157 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shane, Bret Hart, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?   TNA - Mondays/Thursdays? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:40 pm

TNA had ratings from between 0.6 and 1.0 on a monday.

They were pretty solid at 1.0 on a Thursday (before the switch).

If we can assume that they did pick up a few people who watched raw and flicked during the ads. And a few more who watched during the unopposed hour they had in the U.S, then you could hope for a steady 1.1 or 1.2 which is an improvement and to build off that.

Its the only sensible move. In fact, its the only move.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?   TNA - Mondays/Thursdays? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:43 pm

Personally i think its a great move.

Going head to head was a brave move but i think it will work in the long run. They are on the map now so going back to there thursday spot will stop people channel hopping.

I also think its a smart move, not getting too big for their boots and realising they have a lot to learn
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?   TNA - Mondays/Thursdays? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:55 pm

I don't get why they didn't try going head to head with Smackdown first.

Smackdown has lower ratings than Raw, and going live against that would have been a much better starting point. Then they can repeat the show the following Thursday in their 'traditional' spot.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?   TNA - Mondays/Thursdays? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:31 pm

maybe this was always the plan like I said.

tna always kept the slot open for a thursday return, no other program took the slot.

what if moving to mondays to show off to some raw fans, then moving back to thursday and bringing them with them was the idea?

.6 average shall we say on mondays, but was always 0.9-1.0 average on thursdays, what if infact they now start hitting an average of 1.4 or something similar on thursdays? that would be a nice little gain for them no

ive never believed this was an actual war, just some attempt to get some attention, plus hulk has recently done some more tours of the big chat shows. good scheduling that is it? coincidence or plan?

hulk gets on the tv shouting war, people check it out and think "well tna is better than id have thought tbh" but i still prefer raw, so will check it on the net.

hulk gets on tv just after they have announced they are back to thursdays.

gives people who think its good but prefer raw the option to watch on TV thus, affect the ratings, as im sure alot of people have watched on the net/recorded tna.
Back to top Go down
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

Location : Derry Number of posts : 157 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shane, Bret Hart, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?   TNA - Mondays/Thursdays? EmptySat May 08, 2010 4:28 pm

Fair points Sexton, but we can't lose sight of the fact that this is being driven by Spike TV and not TNA themselves. The contract with Hogan is with Spike, not TNA. I would say that largely TNA didn't have too much choice in the matter.

The motivation behind it is probably like you said.

I have seen improvements in the product writing wise (I really like the stuff with Morgan and Doug Williams). but I don't like this reliance on guys who haven't drawn money in years and guys who never will draw money (Orlando Jordan).
Back to top Go down
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!

All Time: Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Sabu & Scott Hall

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?   TNA - Mondays/Thursdays? EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Some really good points there, Sexton.

Business wise, the move back to Thursdays is probably a good decision. I have no doubts TNA will get better ratings on a Thursday than a Monday.

But from my point of view, it's a bad decision. The only reason being, there will now be no live iMPACTS! Pre-recorded shows, without reading spoilers, just don't seem the same. Would be great if later down the line, TNA decided to go live every Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?   TNA - Mondays/Thursdays? Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA - Mondays/Thursdays?
Page 1 of 1