Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)

Go down 
+3
the-gaffer
hodge13
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

Country : A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) Untitl11

All Time: Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Sabu & Scott Hall

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:58 pm

I never really enjoyed Sheamus' Title reign and am glad its over. But was there much point to it? I thought he would hold the Title for a long time to make people really hate him. Having him leave WrestleMania as Champion would've made a statement. Although it would be hard for Sheamus to sell a WrestleMania. He may just go into the mid-card now and then the last couple of months may seem a bit pointless? Or do you see it going differently? Does Sheamus still fit in to the main event picture long term? I think he will most probably enter into a fued with Triple H for now.

Is Matt Stiker a heel? He makes 'heelish' comments but then marks out for Cena. Stiker is a decent commentator though, not knocking him. Another great Michael Cole quote "McIntyre has all the natural ability. Rough and tough." So thats all it takes? taking th piss out o That just cracked me up for some reason.

McIntyre's music is very different to before, but seems to fit with his character really well.

MVP comment at the end was funny as hell and summed Miz up perfectly. taking th piss out o

Couldnt really see Undertaker on fire? But a good bit of commentary from Cole to cover it up, if he saw it.

Thought Punk and R-Truth went a bit quickly but was a decent match and they seemed to use their surroundings better than the Raw guys. I think most of us knew the outcome but the way Michales interfered was done well. I was pretty much convinced he would just take Morrison's place, so a nice suprise there.

The PPV done a good job in mapping out WrestleMania, imo. Cena/Hart vs Batista/McMahon, Orton vs DiBiase, Punk vs Mysterio, Undertaker vs Michaels, Jericho vs Edge and maybe Miz/Show vs MVP/Henry and Triple H vs Sheamus. Does anyone see it going differently to this and how did you think the PPV went?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Country : A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) England-1

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:04 pm

If NXT had started earlier i would have thought maybe Danielson vs Miz for the US title but only a month after debut it seems unlikely.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:12 pm

I think we will see how important Shaemus' title reign was in the coming months, it was obvious he wasn't going to Mania as the Champ, well to me anyway.

Striker is like a tweener, he is always making heel like comments but then marks out for a big spot regardless of who it is.

I love McIntyre's new music, although I think it would be better fit to John Morrison, it has a very 'Doors' feel to it
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:16 pm

hodge13 wrote:
If NXT had started earlier i would have thought maybe Danielson vs Miz for the US title but only a month after debut it seems unlikely.

Do you know how the NXT is going to work?

I don't but I've been told that one show will only follow two guys, it will show them train and learn from their mentors before having the big match at the end of it

So I don't think we will see enough of them to begin a feud

I think there is 8 guys (or cast members as they've been called stupidity yeah that works) so I think over four weeks they will have quarter final matches, then another 2 weeks will show them in the semi final then maybe the last wee in a final so if thats how they do it at best you would only see one particular guy three times over 7 weeks
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

Country : A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) Untitl11

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:18 pm

I thought he couldve gone to Mania in a triple threat. Not that I would want that. Definately couldnt see him in a one on one match though.

Yea I was wondering about Striker because he seems to get into the heel role quite well but then marks for some faces. Wasnt sure if he was supposed to be a full on heel commentator. I think wrestling desperately needs one. I dont think theres many people who like Don West (there may well be) but I thought he was doing really well in his heel role with his mini fued with Tenay on TNA.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:25 pm

The only Triple threat I'd have seen him in would have been with DX but they did that not long ago with Cena at Survivor Series so thats why I always kinda just ignored that notion

I was never really a fan of West, I liked his heel roll better though, it sounded like he had a Bobby Heenan manual in front of him though, he wasn't natural enough
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Yea the DX one was what I was thinking. But then I also thought Shawn Michaels would face Undertaker. Will somethinf big happen in that match? They must have something planned as it seems silly to do it two years in a row, unless they have something huge planned. I wouldnt really see the point in HBK taking the streak, as he is never really going to be more over than he has been for years. So not sure what they will do there.

Cant really remember Heenan (although I know he was legendary) on commentary so didnt pick up on that with Don West. I thought he was great and then they replaced him with Taz. Taz is funny n all but I really liked Don West.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:38 pm

While I don't think Shawn would take the streak I'd love it if he did, it wouldn't do him any long term good but just because I like Shawn and don't really like Taker then it for me would be perfect.

I can see Triple H costing Shawn the match though, gets Shawn a moral victory, Triple H can get a full blown heel turn from it and gives Michaels/Hunter a reason to have a long term feud culminating at WrestleMania XXVII after Shawn, probably both have some time off
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Could you see that being Shawn's retirement match? I would've thought Hunter will be the man to retire him and he's been struggling with injuries for a few years now. Or do you still some life in him yet? Will HBK not be entering WrestleMania as the heel though? So Hunter costing him could be seen as a good thing by the majority of WWE's audience? Didnt want to use the words WWE Universe but that would probably be the people I mean.
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Just seen the Undertaker on fire, its on that TMZ website. Got the link through wrestlezone. Anyway if you havent seen it, he stands right in the middle of the flames and looks like he was lucky not to be seriously injured.
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Also do you think using it as part of the HBK/Taker angle would be a good idea (as reported on some sites)? Getting across that Michaels was behind the pyro accident.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:24 pm

I think it would be an excellent move storyline wise, not sure how Michaels would feel about that though, he has been against things that come across as very low class and sinister in the past because of the position he holds in his church
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:29 pm

And I guess fire wouldn't go down to well with a church goer. Just read the other thread about this and they're saying if WWE have a good camera angle of it, they may use it. Just use TMZ's video, that shows it perfectly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Country : A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) Canada

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:30 am

There are a few things I disliked about this PPV, one of which I absolutely hated.

Dislikes

* Two New champs that won't be champs after mania.
* Not that big a deal but changing the divas match was just really really pointless, It was a raw diva's match so why would Vicky have any say in what goes down?? More "creative" pointlessness.
* Miz/MVP was for the US title why exactly?? MVP/Henry beat MizShow in a tag match on Raw, so why not give them a tag title shot?? Again "creative" pointlessness.
* R-truth singing before the biggest match of his life, I was so desperate for HBK to kick his teeth down his throat ........... "see I just kicked Ron", would of made me mark like a motherfucker.

Hated.

* In ring promo on a PPV to basically A) plug the new NXT show, and B) reminded people that "hay Edge is now a face". PPV'S should be about the wrestling, save you're in-ring promos for Raw/smackdown.

Liked.

* I thought both chamber matches were solid, with Smackdowns being IMO, very good.
* Punk being my and you're Savior.....raises hand.
* Johnny Nitro actually looking solid for a change.
* Taker losing the strap
* Jericho winning the strap
* Batista winning the strap.......yeah I said it, fuck you.
* Miz being awesome as usual, despite my earlier moan up about the match.

Can't think of anything else. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 am

I've got a sneaky suspicion that Jericho might just retain at WrestleMania mainly just so its classed as a swerve from Vince to stick the finger up to the IWC
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:00 am

I wish I could share you're optimism Gaff because Edge fucking sucks as a face, I know he's only been back a month or so an I should give it abit more time but I can't. lol
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Country : A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) England-1

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:34 am

I was thinking the same as Gaffer. I have a feeling Jericho will retain at wrestlemania.

And for a minute after ther raw elimination chamer match i was thinking there could be a fatel 4 way for the title with Sheamus and Cena wanting their re-mtches, and HHH getting in there somehow but then i came to my senses and remembered the whole ince/bret story inoling Batista and Cena.

Quite a few suprises on the PPV i thought.

I didnt see Cena winning
I didnt see Batista coming out to take title either
I didnt see The Miz winning when the match was announced (glad he did though)
and I didnt see Hornswoggle........

But i quite enjoyed the PPV.
Back to top Go down
marty mcfry
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
marty mcfry

Country : A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) Scotland-2

Location : Norfolk Number of posts : 189 Favourite Wrestler : Orton & Punk

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:45 am

Jericho deserves some serious credit for the way his character, and in turn, his overness, isn't slightly effected by being bitched out on Raw for 5 months. I can't think of anyone who could be made to look a joke for that period of time and then win an elimination chamber and still look a credible champion.

I see him retaining as well.

[EDIT] Just read on another site that Jericho is taking time off after Mania to do band stuff so I guess he's not retaining.

[EDIT EDITED] Just thought even though he might be taking time off he can still win at Mania but lose in an 'oppotunistic' fashion on Raw/Smackdown the next night/week.

I'll stick with the Jericho to retain shout.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Jericho cheats to win, and then have Christian cash in MITB on the same night would make me Mark the fk out.
Back to top Go down
marty mcfry
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
marty mcfry

Country : A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) Scotland-2

Location : Norfolk Number of posts : 189 Favourite Wrestler : Orton & Punk

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
Jericho cheats to win, and then have Christian cash in MITB on the same night would make me Mark the fk out.

.....Edge still laying in the ring watching with a mixture of envy and pride.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:38 pm

I would pay for WrestleMania just for that alone!
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Or have Edge beat Jericho and then have Christian cash in, giving us A) the return of Christian the awesome heel, and B) the Christian/Edge feud most people have always wanted.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Hey Theres New Jack! RUN! wrote:
Could you see that being Shawn's retirement match? I would've thought Hunter will be the man to retire him and he's been struggling with injuries for a few years now. Or do you still some life in him yet? Will HBK not be entering WrestleMania as the heel though? So Hunter costing him could be seen as a good thing by the majority of WWE's audience? Didnt want to use the words WWE Universe but that would probably be the people I mean.

I don't think so. I reckon the "Universe" recognizes the desperation that Shawn is trying to portray and if he puts on an even better performance this year only to be screwed out of the win, I think they will side with him over Triple H (although you will still get the obvious smark cheers for HHH).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)   A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Few Points Regarding Elimination Chamber (Contains Spoilers)
Page 1 of 1