Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

TNA Going Monday Night?

Go down 
+9
Sexton Hardcastle
kvh12345
Saint Jimmy
Reaper
boschbourne06
thegunman84
bazz23-v2 ®™
TheDossman
StaticTech
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StaticTech
TNA debut
TNA debut
StaticTech

Location : New York City Number of posts : 903 Favourite Wrestler : UnderTaker
Shawn Michales
Triple H
John Cena
Chris Jericho
Edge
Randy Orton
Stone Cold
Mr Mcmahon
Kofi Kingston
Batista
John Morrison
Christian
Kurt Angle
Sting
Booker T
The Rock
Mic Foley
Goldberg

TNA Going Monday Night? Empty
PostSubject: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:15 pm

As we all know, TNA had announced a live three-hour iMPACT! special will air on Monday 1/4 from Florida. The original idea was for the show to be a two-hour special airing from 8-10PM, with the plan that they would get the first hour jump on RAW. TNA however figured that WWE would counter by asking USA for a third hour that night, hence the reason they decided to go with the 3-hour special. Right now, this is only a one-time experiment by TNA, but if the ratings were to surpass their normal numbers there is every possibility it would lead to going live every Monday night..

Do they have 'a chance in hell'?

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.statictechnet.blogspot.com
TheDossman
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
TheDossman

Number of posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:25 pm

no
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Anybody else hoping TNA actually does better numbers than its normal Thursday slot? on one hand it would be funny if they took some of WWE's viewers(not talking shit loads or anything), but on the other hand with the way that company is run, if they got an extra few viewers that would be enough for "management to push for a Monday night slot, which would be suicide.
Back to top Go down
StaticTech
TNA debut
TNA debut
StaticTech

Shawn Michales
Triple H
John Cena
Chris Jericho
Edge
Randy Orton
Stone Cold
Mr Mcmahon
Kofi Kingston
Batista
John Morrison
Christian
Kurt Angle
Sting
Booker T
The Rock
Mic Foley
Goldberg

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:12 pm

i think they will have a better rating than their usual Thursdays because
1. it will be live

2. 3 hours
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:44 pm

I'm really hoping they pull in some fairly good numbers, Vince may see them as a big threat if that is the case, and it may force him to actually put on some good stuff on Monday nights for a change.
Back to top Go down
StaticTech
TNA debut
TNA debut
StaticTech

Shawn Michales
Triple H
John Cena
Chris Jericho
Edge
Randy Orton
Stone Cold
Mr Mcmahon
Kofi Kingston
Batista
John Morrison
Christian
Kurt Angle
Sting
Booker T
The Rock
Mic Foley
Goldberg

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Raw is War Vs The Impact Zone?
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:51 pm

im hoping its really close or better TNA wins im hoping they do it as you said guns might force Vince to actually make Raw better rather than the crap thats on now
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
StaticTech
TNA debut
TNA debut
StaticTech

Shawn Michales
Triple H
John Cena
Chris Jericho
Edge
Randy Orton
Stone Cold
Mr Mcmahon
Kofi Kingston
Batista
John Morrison
Christian
Kurt Angle
Sting
Booker T
The Rock
Mic Foley
Goldberg

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:35 pm

I hope they do get better ratings because i want to see what Vince will do. Hopefully we will have something worth while to watch on raw than we've been seeing lately.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:00 pm

I've got a feeling that TNA will beat WWE in the ratings when they air live on Janurary 4th, they're about the same size WCW was when they started to challenge Raw and with a bit of tweaking to the product, (less matches, remaining matches longer) then I think they can do the same, they're obviously not going to be better than WWE as a family show so they should go all out to pull in the smarks and casuals.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:56 pm

I cant see TNA possibly beating WWE in the ratings because not that many people have actually heard of TNA but i think they will get a boost in the ratings. I do hope TNA get a huge boost in ratings and even beat WWE but i just cant see it.

As for RAW being shit lately i dont know about that, i didnt watch last weeks with Mini Me but by most accounts it was shit, however the 3 hours special and the MSG episodes were awesome.

3 hour Impact, anybody else reckon that it will still be extremely rushed and TNA cramming too many things into one episode, I for one do

TNA Going Monday Night? 792452
Back to top Go down
kvh12345
Fandango
Fandango
kvh12345

Location : Netherlands Number of posts : 621 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:40 am

I think they could do it cause atm alot of people think Raw is crap the only reason they watch raw on monday cause its the only wrestling show so if TNA is on monday they gonna watch that cause everbody think raw sucks atm whit the guest host thing

If hogan debutes that day just be there not wrestling that could also make a big change
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:39 am

Anybody who thinks TNA will beat WWE in the ratings on JAN 4th is deluded, I think they may get extra viewers but they would need triple their BEST EVER rating to beat RAW......NO chance in hell sorry

TNA Going Monday Night? Sign-realitycheck
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:20 pm

I don't see how it can even get close.

even if the figure were close, people would probably not know it was a show worth watching untill after it happened as they are loyal to wwe.

tna fans will watch, thats about it bar the few curious if there is ALOT of promo
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:04 pm

No chance in hell of TNA beating WWE in the ratings, I don't think TNA will even come close.

At the moment I think TNA still look to amatuer to tackle WWE. No matter how bad WWE is at the moment (I don't know, haven't watched for a while) or how good TNA is, it will take years before TNA can realisitcally challenge WWE and I think WWE have such financial power and control over the market it will be extremly hard for TNA or any other compnay to uproot them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
WillK2007
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
WillK2007

Location : California, MD Number of posts : 165 Favourite Wrestler : My favorite wrestler is Kurt Angle.

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:00 pm

I don't think TNA stands a chance in hell of beating WWE on Jan 4th or any other night. If I were in charge at WWE, knowing that Hulk Hogan debuts with TNA on Jan 4th, I do everything in my power to have that be the night that The Rock hosts Raw. I heard that he will host in January, so I'd make it that night.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:29 pm

There was another small wrestling company who didn't stand a chance against WWE, what was it called?...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:40 pm

Reaper wrote:
There was another small wrestling company who didn't stand a chance against WWE, what was it called?...

Yeah and then it went on like and 80 week winning streak. Unfortunately it went out of business though. I hope we are talking about the same thing Reaper?
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 1:09 am

Yeah that's sweet an all but WCW built and built and built before it took over WWF, it also had an owner who OWNED the TV station it was on, and a shit load of money.

sarcasm fail unlucky.

Jan 4th Raw will have vastly bigger ratings than Impact, guarantee it.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 1:15 am

I think the Hogan factor could be huge though, people may say TNA wont beat the WWE and they will also refer to past ratings, but three things will happen to TNA that night that hasn't happened before, Hulk Hogan will be on iMPACT! live on Monday Night!

For anyone who wont think Hogan will draw then I'd urge them to take a look at his Wrestling reality serious from last year and take a look at the ratings they drew in.

I hope they trounce them, can't see it but I hope they do!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 1:21 am

I hope they do too, fuck I hope WWE go bust tomorrow, but it won't.

You honestly think TNA will get even close? if they managed to get 2.0 then that IMO would be awesome, but beat RAW? don't see it

Now if they switched to Mondays and built themselves properly then yeah we would have a war on our hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 9:10 am

I think it will all depend on how well they do being up against WWE for the first time head to head. If they pull in more viewers to their show but still lose out to WWE who lost viewers then that would be a victory for TNA in my eyes. They dont nessessarily need to win the ratings war to win on the 4th January.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:40 am

Now that I do agree with.

Here's hoping Razz
Back to top Go down
StaticTech
TNA debut
TNA debut
StaticTech

Shawn Michales
Triple H
John Cena
Chris Jericho
Edge
Randy Orton
Stone Cold
Mr Mcmahon
Kofi Kingston
Batista
John Morrison
Christian
Kurt Angle
Sting
Booker T
The Rock
Mic Foley
Goldberg

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:35 am

Mines a Pint aren't we all
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:03 pm

Quote :
The Right After Wrestling show on Sirius radio sent out the following announcement, regarding their interview with Hulk Hogan, and his claims as far as his TNA debut goes…

HOGAN SAYS THAT TNA IMPACT RATINGS WILL "TRIPLE" ON JANUARY 4

When interviewed by Arda Ocal and Corey Erdman of the "Right After Wrestling" program on SIRIUS 98, Hulk Hogan predicted that Nielson ratings would triple to a 3.0 on his debut appearance on TNA Impact on Monday January 4. Hogan went on to list names such as AJ Styles and Matt Morgan as guys with "something there" and that he will look to mold and "bring to life".

The full interview will air on "Right After Wrestling" on Monday night December 14 at 11pm EST on SIRIUS Channel 98, Hardcore Sports Radio.

Note from Ryan Clark: This guy has officially lost it.

Not sure about that, btu I'll be interested to see if TNA take anything from Raw's rating.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:30 pm

If TNA can hit 2.0 it will be fantastic, I don't see them getting figures Hogan is predicting but at least they have someone in their corner now that looks like they can play with the big boys, for to long TNA have been making the right noises without backing it up, now lets see if they have what it takes, fair play to Dixie, shes putting it on the line, I truly hope its a success, the WWE certainly needs a rocket up it so it can only be good if TNA can take a step closer
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA Going Monday Night?   TNA Going Monday Night? Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA Going Monday Night?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next