Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Kurt Angles Contract?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Kurt Angles Contract? Empty
PostSubject: Kurt Angles Contract?   Kurt Angles Contract? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Does anyone have any info or idea on when Kurt's contract is up?

I remember reading around a year ago that his current deal with Total Nonstop Action was up in September, so I'm wondering if he actually signed a new contract or that date was actually wrong, its not something that has been reported much about and you'd expect if one of the best wrestlers of all time was nearing the end of his deal then it would be a hot topic.

I know there where a lot of reports a while ago saying he would be very interested in going back to the WWE and if his health is OK then I'd expect that feeling to be mutual, however there where conflicting reports saying he was looking to take over a lot of the booking side of TNA which would suggest he would be sticking around the iMPACT! zone for a long time to come yet, now though that it looks like Jeff Jarrett is being welcomed back into the fold does anyone else think that TNA could be building for life without Kurt?

Personally, I'd like to see him back in the WWE, I think their is a major spot for him on RAW, its in major need of a new heel and a big heel and Kurt can do that brilliantly however I also want to see TNA becoming a serious competitor to the WWE and I think they can only do that by holding on to guys like Kurt

Last edited by Kay Fabe on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angles Contract?   Kurt Angles Contract? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:24 pm

Seriously mate, sort that font out!

I haven't heard anything about Angle's contract at all, I did wonder whether he'd signed a short extension or something to see where TNA goews without Jarrett.

I'd love him back in WWE, but only if he was on an Undertaker style, part-time contract. I don't think his neck could take a full-time schedule.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angles Contract?   Kurt Angles Contract? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Whats wrong with the font? easy to read my end

I would like him to return to but not on an Undertaker/Shawn Michaels type contract, while it would make the shows better it would still leave the main event pretty predictable if he got a contract like that because he still wouldn't win the strap
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angles Contract?   Kurt Angles Contract? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:59 pm

Font seems kinda jumbled up, makes it hard to read.

The bigger picture with Kurt is not whether he'll win the strap though. It's whether he can actually stay not paralysed / ahead of Wellness tests / out of court / alive (delete as appropriate). Given the choice, I'd rather he helped get people over rather than won a WWE world title. And a part-time deal hasn't stopped Shawn from having runs at the title and putting on some darned good matches, even if he wasn't going to win.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angles Contract?   Kurt Angles Contract? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:55 pm

I understand the whole 'help people get over' however RAW is poor just now because the main event division is boring, now Kurt Angle would freshen it up, but who exactly would he put over? Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels? none of those need it, now we could look at MVP, he could be someone who'd be elevated but its yet another face and still only one heel he'd be expected to be for the title (Randy Orton)

As for the scheduled, I actually think it might be better for him to work more days, it keeps him out of trouble and gives him some focus for his life

The run hasn't stopped Shawn your right on that front, but thats because he is an exception to the rule, if Kurt was also on the same deal then your talking two of the main guys on the roster, the two who would put on the best matches not likely to win a world title, so while the matches would be entertaining the division would become even more predictable
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angles Contract?   Kurt Angles Contract? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:41 pm

PWR show said it ended in Autumn this year. Not sure what month though. I don't know if this is 100% true though
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angles Contract?   Kurt Angles Contract? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:24 pm

Why would Kurt have to go on Raw, though? Smackdown is the 'wrestling' show, and Kurt against Taker again, CM Punk, Edge seems to be turning face, Rey, Batista, a debuting Danielson or McGuiness...

I fully agree that Raw needs new headliners though, my current hope is with Cena as champ, it might give Swagger a chance at a run with him.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angles Contract?   Kurt Angles Contract? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:35 pm

Why would Kurt go to RAW? Well he is a legitimate main event heel and I fully believe thats exactly what RAW needs right now, thats why I think he would go their, I do think SmackDown! would be a better fit for him but if he signed with the WWE before the New Year then he could be on RAW until the draft then he could move to SD!

That would help RAW out in the short term and give SmackDown! a top name draft come the draft
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angles Contract?   Kurt Angles Contract? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kurt Angles Contract?
Page 1 of 1