Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

CM Punk & Edge Both Injured

Go down 
+8
MaFish
Grecian
Reaper
JacMan
Rocky2
boschbourne06
thegunman84
the-gaffer
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 9:10 pm

Rumours that ECW and SD are to be merged?

Not seen that one!

RVD would be a big signing but I don't know if it will happen, not unless Vince gives him lee-way on his weed views
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:23 am

Didn't RVD say he wasn't going to be wrestling full whack while his wife has cancer? Read that abit ago, not heard anything else since so...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:26 am

He sure did mate, although I think his wife is well and truly on the mend now, that being said I still doubt he will want to return to a full schedule although he might fancy just working tv and PPV's
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:52 am

He is posting blogs on WWE Universe quite often now and from what I read, he is doing shows for the indies with the likes of Viscera, Spike Dudley Balls Mahoney etc. He had a ECW reunion show with those guys among others a few weeks ago as well. It shows us that he has returned to wrestling but like Gaffer said, it's not clear whether he would be willing to go along with the WWE schedule.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 11:19 am

It's not just the schedule in my opinion, its the complete night and day both he and the WWE have on their views on weed that will be a problem, even if they cut a deal to allow RVD to smoke it, they would want him to stop promoting the use of it and I'm not sure if he would
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 11:31 am

Plus if they allow him to smoke weed, Brian Kendrick might demand a refudn of his fines for being caught with it.

I honestly think RVD will be back in WWE, his good lady has apparently recovered from cancer, and I think RVD likes the money that the return would bring in. He's never bad-mouthed WWE which is a good sign, would virtually be guaranteed a main-event spot when he came back, and if they could keep it quiet, would be one of the biggest comebacks in recent times. The pop he got at the Rumble was the biggest pop of the night...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:12 pm

The fans love RVD and the fact he still blogs for the 'WWE Universe' keeps his face in as well, so if and when he does come back it will be a big deal, he has been gone a while now though, I'd like him to not string it out much longer, if he is going to come back he needs to do it soonish, because RAW is in major need of some fresh talent on in the main event and SD could be short soon too, although Christian and Swagger could make up the numbers on SD
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 1:15 pm

I just thought of a great feud between Punk and RVD. If WWE do allow RVD to show off (so to speak) his use of weed and with Punk being straight edge, it would be a good story. Both have similar wrestling styles as well.

Speaking of RAW, I feel the main problem with the main event there two of their big stars need a move away from RAW, I'm talking about Orton and Cena. If those two both leave, the only established main eventers left are Batista who is currently injured and is rumoured to be considering retirement, Big Show, Triple H and Shawn Michaels. 1 heel and 3 faces, with 2 of the faces (HHH and HBK) already having had a long feud with each other. The only "fresh" feuds left would be Batista vs HHH, Batista vs HBK and Big Show vs Shawn Michaels.

And Orton and Cena moving to SD also causes problems there. The main eventers there would be Jericho, Punk, Edge, Taker, Mysterio, maybe Kane, Cena, Hardy and Orton. Jericho has already feuded with Punk, Cena and Hardy, Punk has come up against Edge, Mysterio, Kane, Orton and is beginning a feud with Hardy.

Edge has feuded with everyone except Orton, this version Jericho and Kane. Orton has faced Punk, Taker, Mysterio, Kane, Cena and Hardy.

To make fresh feuds, most of the current main eventers would have to turn heel/face. I know it is nowhere near as bad as the situation on RAW but a lot of the potential feuds have already taken place.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Unfortunately I don't really think WWE would be likely to use that angle for a Punk vs RVD fued. Certainly not while they're PG rated, don't think they could get away with portraying the drug user as the good guy, it would almost be like them saying 'hey kids, smoke weed like RVD'. If they got rid of the PG rating, then I suppose it is possible, but still not sure if they'd go with it.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 1:28 pm

I see what you mean. I have also just thought of another direction they could go in, with Punk claiming RVD would never be where he is today if he didn't hang out with all the losers and put himself through tables etc obviously refering to the "old" ECW.

Punk would be playing a character similar to Jericho's with Punk being a some sort of hypocrite talking about (what he calls ECW) "2nd rate promotions" when he himself made a name for himself in a "2nd rate promotion" which is what most WWE fans assume ROH is, presuming they have even heard of ROH.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:09 pm

im sure punk is beginging to hint at how he is superior to jeff due to lifestyles though?

they wont mention jeff doing drugs, but its cmomen knowledge so they can hint.

also having punk just announce he is the best role model, human, wrestler because he is "straight edge" would easily be getting heel heat without promoting what jeff does because he will be doing his, mega clean wins and brown nosing the fans lol
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:30 pm

Quote :
I just thought of a great feud between Punk and RVD. If WWE do allow RVD to show off (so to speak) his use of weed and with Punk being straight edge, it would be a good story. Both have similar wrestling styles as well.

I think that sort of storyline is hinted at right now between Jeff and Punk
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:40 pm

could anyone see a jeff hardy and undertaker fued?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 3:27 pm

They had a really good match late last year so I wouldn't mind seeing an actual feud between the two, don't know if anything will happen though with Jeff rumoured to be leaving soon
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:06 pm

Quote :
Edge has been banged up recently, which is why he wasn't set for a match at The Bash on Sunday. In a recent interview, he discusses his recent matches, including the ladder match with Jeff Hardy, stating: "That one really took it out of me. Ten years ago if we did that match you know maybe in a few days we would have felt a lot better. We were 10 years younger though. Now, it took me almost a full week before I could walk upright. It took a while to recuperate from that one."
Back to top Go down
tim157
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Country : CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Number of posts : 278 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock,Trippe H,Randy orton ,Ultimate Warrior,Randy Savage Macho Man,Scott Steiner,AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 7:21 am

jeff hardy is one of the guys that wwe needs he always puts his whole heart into it being one of the hardest workers on the card and his matches are fun to watch i think smackdown could use rvd but i am not sure if they will bring rvd back full time and at least kane is back now
Back to top Go down
jlewallen
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
jlewallen

Location : alabama Number of posts : 325 Favourite Wrestler : randy orton, christan, jeff hardy

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:51 pm

well this sucks Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:48 pm

tim157 wrote:
jeff hardy is one of the guys that wwe needs he always puts his whole heart into it being one of the hardest workers on the card and his matches are fun to watch i think smackdown could use rvd but i am not sure if they will bring rvd back full time and at least kane is back now

work hard, he works hard on somthing high on weed
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:56 am

Just saw this on 606

Quote :
Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online is reporting that Edge, one-half of the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions, suffered a very serious injury during a main event match with Jeff Hardy at a SmackDown!/ECW house show in San Diego, California on Friday, July 3.

Roughly five minutes into the match, though the first few were spent posturing to the fans, Edge planted his foot wrong and immediately went down. It was said that his leg was in a bad angle. With the match having immediately stopped, Edge apologized to the fans before being taken out of the ring with help from EMTs.

It is being reported that Edge suffered from a torn Achilles tendon and will require surgery and a great deal of time on the shelf.

As a result, WWE is looking for some way to quickly put the belts on Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase as well as going over footage from the tapings they did on Wednesday in Bakersfield for next week. They are apparently looking to see if they can make a case somewhere in Edge’s match with The Great Khali that will be used to be the result of the injury.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 10:09 am

man that sucks, he'll be gone for a while my mate snapped his achillies playing football and was out for months and months
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:57 am

If they try blaming the injury on the Kahli match, then I think Edge will definately return face. Unfortunately, this will mean turning Kahli turning heel again a few weeks before Edge's return and possibly another Kahli title reign. I also think Jericho will start running down Edge a lot for the next few weeks before toning it down and leaving it on the back burner until an Edge return is near, this will help get the fans on Edge's side as they will think it's unfair for Jericho to mock his injured tag team partner, even if it is Edge of all people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CM Punk & Edge Both Injured
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2