Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

CM Punk & Edge Both Injured

Go down 
+8
MaFish
Grecian
Reaper
JacMan
Rocky2
boschbourne06
thegunman84
the-gaffer
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

CM Punk & Edge Both Injured Empty
PostSubject: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 9:45 pm

Quote :
CM Punk is said to be working hurt right now. Nobody knows the extent of his injury because he’s not selling it to anyone, but locker room sources say his upper-body pain shows.

Edge is pretty banged up as well, and is showing lots of signs of wear-and-tear. He is being given a lighter travel schedule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 9:56 pm

That is really not good news at all. If they both need time off, and Taker is still out, that would leave Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio as the only real main event talent on Smackdown. And seeing as Jericho and Mysterio are in a fued involving the midcard title, I guess that would really only leave Hardy. Fuck!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:01 pm

I really doubt Punk would go, he looks like the type who would tough it out, as for Edge, don't know how much WWE you've saw recently but he has looked well out of sorts as of late, always heavily limping

They really need to be making something of Christian on ECW ASAP so he can step in and at the very least fill a gap
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:08 pm

would explain Edges back seat role from the title and not being on the PPV anyone no how bad Edge is
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:09 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
That is really not good news at all. If they both need time off, and Taker is still out, that would leave Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio as the only real main event talent on Smackdown. And seeing as Jericho and Mysterio are in a fued involving the midcard title, I guess that would really only leave Hardy. Fuck!

Has Jeff actually put pen to paper on a new contract yet or are they still in "negotiations" because after having another short title reign at Extreme Rules and with rumours of him looking for an career away from wrestling, I wouldn't be surprised if he left either and where would that leave the SD main event!

This could be a blessing in disguise as it may give the likes of Benjamin, maybe Morrison and Ziggler the chance to step up. I wouldn't mind seeing Orton go to SmackDown but I think Orton, Edge and Jericho all on the same show would be a bit much. Cena would be a good move though.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Not got a clue but he has looked like he has been struggling since the ladder match, I also read he has taken a lot of nights off the road, I still think he might have a match at the PPV with John Morrison or someone like that, don't read SD spoilers though so don't know yet, need to wait until Friday
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:14 pm

Rocky wrote:
thegunman84 wrote:

Has Jeff actually put pen to paper on a new contract yet or are they still in "negotiations" because after having another short title reign at Extreme Rules and with rumours of him looking for an career away from wrestling, I wouldn't be surprised if he left either and where would that leave the SD main event!

This could be a blessing in disguise as it may give the likes of Benjamin, maybe Morrison and Ziggler the chance to step up. I wouldn't mind seeing Orton go to SmackDown but I think Orton, Edge and Jericho all on the same show would be a bit much. Cena would be a good move though.

I don't think Jeff will be signing a new contract, the boy wants time off, I doubt I'd be in a rush to deidcate myself to more work if I was financially secure enough not to do it while still being able to do other projects!

As for it being a blessing in disguise, fail to see how that could be anything like a blessing in disguise, both are two of the best four workers on the roster, neither are in that 'boring' catagory, Punk is just establishing himself in his role and his character, Benjamin Morrison or Ziggler are anywhere near their level yet and wont be for another 12-18 months at least
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:32 pm

Definitely not a blessing in disguise, as much as we may want to see some of the midcard talent make the step up, Smackdown is in a severe ratings slump as it is, and without some of their bigger names it is only likely to get worse. And Ziggler is one of the last people I'd want to see make the step up anyway, really don't understand what people see in him.

Agree that Edge has definitely been a bit out of sorts, but I put a lot of that down to him working with Hardy in addition to his injury. And yeah, would love to see Christian move to Smackdown where he could really be let loose. Unfortunately though those 'Vince doesn't rate Christian' rumours are seeming a lot more likely now.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:37 pm

I think your just looking to blame Hardy for anything now guns, his matches with Hardy have been very entertaining
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:44 pm

looks like wwe is falling apart. i know this isnt going to happen but they should bring back umaga for sd.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:45 pm

I think we will see Chris Masters soon on SD
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
I think your just looking to blame Hardy for anything now guns, his matches with Hardy have been very entertaining
Have they? Not really been watching the PPVs to be honest, but from what I've seen on Smackdown, Hardy still seems to be the same as he ever was Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:47 pm

i hate masters with a vengeance . i dont know why though
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:48 pm

Same as ever? no chance man, he has upped his game big time in the last 18 months, every match he puts on these days has been really good
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:49 pm

jckbluenose12 wrote:
i hate masters with a vengeance . i dont know why though

Every heels dream, I'm the opposite, I've got absolutely no feeling for him what-so-ever although his look had something to do with that, he looks a lot different now or he did in a picture I saw of him took recently, maybe I'll get into him a bit more either way this time
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 pm

i hate him because he isnt entertaining
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:56 pm

taking th piss out o

Fair play
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 11:09 pm

imagine sticking masters in the ring with someone like jericho. i think jericho would rather be in the rihg with snuka again.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 11:48 pm

I've read that he has been working a lot of indy's and spent time over in Japan and has improved a lot, so who knows
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 2:39 pm

If Edge and Punk take time off and Hardy's allso planning to take time off it leaves Smackdown with very few main event wrestlers, Rey and Jericho are the only two i can think of and they're feuding over the IC title so it doesn't really leave anyone to feud over the world title.
Did Edge pick up an Injury in the ladder match when him and Hardy went through a ladder and Edge took the brunt of it or is it a few niggling injuries?
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 2:45 pm

i hoping masters comes back better in the ring and becomes a main eventer
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 3:25 pm

He'll have a way to go before he hits the main event but I do think he is a guy Vince wanted to put in their, maybe not as the main guy but a guy the main players beat!

I saw him as a Hercules type figure in his first stint although that might be to do with the look and the full nelson
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:20 pm

MAsters as a main eventer is something I wake up in a cold sweat about.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about Kane - he might have been a jobber for the last few years, but he's got the name value and main event reputation to be used in a short fued over the title for a while, giving Punk and Edge a chance to heal.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:45 pm

I've not forgot about Kane, take a look at my BTB to see just that, I just hope they use Kane's time away well
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:32 pm

I can see Vince trying to bring back RVD now, maybe give him a world title again and if the rumours that ECW is to be officially merged with SmackDown is true, then RVD could become a double world champ for the 2nd time.

RVD and Kane have some history together as well, so it could make sense for RVD to return to take down the dominating champ Kane? Might not be the best technical wrestling match but I would find it entertaining and a flashback to some of the good points of WWE in the early 00's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk & Edge Both Injured   CM Punk & Edge Both Injured Empty

Back to top Go down

CM Punk & Edge Both Injured
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next