Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

WWE Character

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

WWE Character Empty
PostSubject: WWE Character   WWE Character EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Q1. Which character change has impacted the WWE the most over the past 12 months?

and

Q2. Which charcter change will impact the WWE the most over the next 12 months?

Contenders

Orton -Looks to be possessed by the devil. Huge difference from the brash,confident and arrogant legend killer gimmick.

Jericho - Changed from being a fan favourite to calling his fans hypocrites,liars,tapeworms and cheaters.

Great Khali - Changed character but hasn't really impacted on wwe since then. Changed form being a despised (mainly due to his wrestling ability) heel to now being a fan favourite with his new Punjab Playboy gimmick Sleep

Matt Hardy -Matt changed at the Royal Rumble when he changed from being one of the most popular superstars in the industry to becoming one of the most heated after costing his brother the wwe championship against edge.

MVP - changed from being an arrogant heel (which i thought he excelled at) to a face where dare i say he is less interesting(does anyone else think this?)

John Morrison -A lot of you maybe surprised that i've stuck him here but since the draft Morrison has really impressed me. I always knew he had the ability but this face turn should hopefully accelerate the push he deserves so much. He's not really a contender for the 1st question but is definitely a contender for the 2nd question.

and finally

Dolph Ziggler -Like Morrison hasn't imapcted the WWE greatly this year but is still a huge contender to impact the WWE in the next 12 months. The loss of his "Hi my names Dolph Ziggler" gimmick has developed his character and seems to be generating a lot of heat with the audience on SD. A future feud with Taker has been mentioned and this well help enhance Ziggler as one of the top guys in the WWE over next 12 months.

So overall i feel contenders for Q1 are Orton,Jericho and Matt Hardy
for Q2. MVP,Ziggler,Morrison,Orton,Jericho and Matt Hardy.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

WWE Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Character   WWE Character EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:46 pm

Matt Hardy is not one of the most hated men in the industry, and nor has his heel turn really done much for him, in all honesty. After getting a big win at Mania, he's since gone back to the mid-card, which is pretty shite. When he first turned, I enjoyed what he was doing, it was realistic and some of his in-character blogs were great. Since then, he's just another mid-card heel, and unless something changes, he will not impact the WWE over the next 12 months.

And yup, completely agree about MVP. His face turn has taken his entertaining streak and made him crap to watch.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

WWE Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Character   WWE Character EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:51 pm

Matt Hardy was on the verge in my opinion until he was 1. drafted to RAW stupidly in my opinion and 2. broke his hand

I think Chris Jericho's character change has been most effective and int he next 12 months I will say Edge's alleged face turn will be the most effective in the next 12 months
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

WWE Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Character   WWE Character EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:52 pm

good read.
Q1. Which character change has impacted the WWE the most over the past 12 months?

12 months is a long time so i guess id go with Jericho has been changed the longest and has been involved in many good storlyines throught his tranisition change.

However i feel he is fading as i can only hear him calling people parasites and hyporcites once more before i flip.

===================
==============
==========
======
===
==
=

Q2. Which charcter change will impact the WWE the most over the next 12 months?

Might be a bit wierd but im judging the next 12 months soley on this weeks smackdown lol. So john Morrison was good on mic and in ring so if wwe play thier cards right by Bash 10 Morrison should be in a world title match and maybe MITB. However its going to be hit and miss as WWE might just drop it like they have done so many times before. So my second choice would be DH Smith and Tyson Kid
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

WWE Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Character   WWE Character EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:54 pm

I was going to put Edge face turn and CM punk heel turn but i didnt want to put these down in case they didnt happen because of how unpredictable the wwe is at the moment. as many people are being released. Im not saying that edge or punk will be released but other releases determine character changes
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

WWE Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Character   WWE Character EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:32 pm

Jericho has really upped his game during this heel run, I cant remember the last time a wrestler had a straight year of hit after hit with feud's, Great matches and a truly great, consistent gimmick with his 'self righteous' stance to the WWE, ie, the HBK story where he started with his hypocrit theories, how HBK cheated his way to the top, etc, not a standard 'run of the mill' feud, plus the two had great chemistry which was a BIG bonus, an highlight of 2008, went onto win the WHC in great heel fashion in the Scramble, then the HOFers clinging to one last chance to shine, to this with Rey hiding behind his mask.

And another thing, for a performer to shed EVERY THING that made him popular in the first place, and still be a top draw, ballsy move but if anybody could pull it off it's Jericho.

On Morrison, he has been very impressive in the ring, but what has really hurt this face run so far is the lack of mic time, we know he can cut it in the ring, but he also shine's very bright on the mic, so why not use that to get him over even more, worked a treat for him on SD!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

WWE Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Character   WWE Character EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:38 pm

I'm not to hot on the whole pose thing Morrison's got going on, I can handle it once a night maybe, but he does it about three or four times, I just think the more successful he becomes as a face the more annoying thats going to get, thats easily fixed though, not a major problem
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

WWE Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Character   WWE Character EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm still not entirely convinced by Morrison's face turn. It seems to have come from nowhere, and as Paul heyman wrote, he's done nothing to make you care about him. Punk has started to turn by screwing over a fan favourite, as did Matt Hardy. MVP turned after his whole losing streak gimmick, Morrison just got matches against Shelton Benjamin and that seems to have done it.

Mic-wise, he's pretty good, but I'd quite like to see him ad-libbing, rather than following a script.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

WWE Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Character   WWE Character EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:58 pm

It was a wierd turn lol, he basically tries to cheat for his partner, fail's and get's a pasting.

But I wasn't too convinced about MVP's turn though, seemed dodgy to have him turn face over a 3 month or so losing streak. It did get the crowd behind him which I supose was the desired affect, but it wasn't the strongest turn, considering he was teasing a main event run too.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

WWE Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Character   WWE Character EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Well they did sort of give Morrison some kind of face turn when he decided to stand up to Jericho but apart from a match on Superstars nothing really came of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WWE Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Character   WWE Character Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Character
Page 1 of 1