Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

FM 2009 - help me!

Go down 
+4
Sexton Hardcastle
thegunman84
Discopants
Grecian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:36 pm

Whenever I play this, I seem to get the same problem. No matter which team I am, I go through a spell of between 9-15 games where I just don't win. no matter who I'm playing, I lose. I'm currently some shitty team in the Confernce South, no money. I've been there for about 2 seasons, just started my third, and I'm on a 12 match winless streak. Most of my players are part-timers, and refuse to sign full-time contracts, so it's a struggle to improve them. The team is also £90,000 n debt, so my wage bill keeps getting slashed.

So what I need is some surefire tactics to get me sorted.

Help!
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:45 pm

My personal favourite was 4-5-1 with a flat back four, defensive mid, two centre mids, an attacking winger on the left and right then the one up front.

Make the two wingers cross loads, use through balls, lots of forward runs.

Set the two CM's with quite attacking individual settings, you should be able to get goals from them occasionally.

Have overall passing quick + slow, moderate creative freedom.

Have your centre back challenge the keeper on corners, then on corner settings send it in the 6 yard box (in the lower leagues I scored millions off corners).

If your forwards a big lad, stick him down as a target man but if he's shorter/smaller then just leave it.

Also, stick with it for a while, even if you get humped. You have a big formation change your players (especially at that level) get confused for a while, the fools.

So keep with it and I'm sure it'll come good Smile
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 4:22 pm

I have been using 4-5-1 of sorts, with 2 central attacking mids, then 3 behind them (kind of a 4-3-2-1 thing).

I'll give that a bash though, it's so irritating dominating games then losing when I concede in the second half.

One more problem - on the rare occasions my bunch of cloggers can stick the ball in the net, I seem to concede almost straight away - anything I can do to stop this?
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 4:54 pm

My personal favourite is to play a 4-1-3-2, one central midfielder and 3 attacking midfielders. Only really effective if your team is better than the opposition mind. If not I tend to go for a 4-3-1-2, which has led my QPR team to pick up some wins over Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool. Still can't seem to beat Chelsea with them though.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Well, I can't seem to beat fucking Havant & Waterlooville! And took a 6 goal humping off Tiverton Town. Things aren't going well.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:17 pm

taking th piss out o
Not played with a club that far down the leagues in a good long while, last time was when Hamilton Accies were in the Scottish 3rd division which I think was 00/01, so not really sure as to what the best tactics there might be, think at that time I used a 5-3-2 with wingbacks, but not sure. From the sounds of it your defence is a bit dodgy, so I'd either pack the defence with plenty of bodies or go with a very attacking formation if you've got some decent forwards.

I remember in an old Champ Manager I was an American side and tried a 0-5-5 tactic for a laugh. Went a goal up within minutes, but then lost about 20-1. Needless to say I was sacked immediately and I never tried that one again.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:46 pm

3 cbs is the key got crewe to prem in 3 seasons on 08

normally play 3cbs, wingbacks, then have 2cms 2 wingers and a cf
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:13 pm

Personally I'd go 4-4-2,With 1 sitting midfielder and then the other one attacking,Have both full back going forward as well but away from home go 4-5-1 but with 1 behind the striker and just a Normal midfield 4 behind him.

I got relegated on my first season did it as West Brom,Had the same problem as you,Did fairly decent in championship,9th after about 10 games-got a 5-0 hammering against West Ham and was sacked.Now at Wycombe took them over when 19th and now 9th,Only lost two league games
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:26 pm

oh and look what u can tell ur attacking players to focus on, try getting ur striker place shots and mids make the easy pass
Back to top Go down
KentWrestlingLegend
Intercontinental Champion
Intercontinental Champion

Location : Kent Number of posts : 774 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton, LAX

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:36 pm

I used the data editor and saved a file, but where do i have to install it to as when i load game it loads old database. any help?
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 11:08 am

should give you a database choice when starting new game if not youve saved it wrong and save the edited db under a diffrent name for gods sake

GRECIAN
i had a problem where when i scored i let one in imeediatley it was a downloaded copy is yourres downloaded that might be why?

if nto sign some loan defenders form gills reserves Smile
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Grecian
Grecian

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:11 pm

Nah, I bought it on disc and everything. Doens't happen all the time, just bloody annoying.

My bunch of cloggers have also started chucking away 2 goals leads now. Don't know why I bother...
Back to top Go down
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:35 pm

I am man city and i am in my second season. I finished 3rd last season and I used a 4-1-2-2-1 formation. so 1 striker with 2 players just behind him then two wingers and a defensive mid with a flat back 4.

It might of been the players that got me to 3rd though, maxi rodriguez, marcelo, jagielka, barry etc
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:40 pm

thatll help him
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Horizon
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 6:13 pm

lol. I'm not saying sign those players obviously. I'm saying try the formation cus it worked for me.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 6:41 pm

3 cbs

3 cbs

3 cbs

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FM 2009 - help me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM 2009 - help me!   FM 2009 - help me! Empty

Back to top Go down

FM 2009 - help me!
Page 1 of 1