Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal Empty
PostSubject: Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal   Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:41 pm

Quote :
CURTIS GRANDERSON SIGNS FOR DUAL ROLE WITH TNA WRESTLING
Detroit Tigers outfielder set to appear at Slammiversary 7 on June 21 at The Palace of Auburn Hills

Curtis Granderson has agreed to a dual, high-profile role at “Slammiversary 7,” scheduled for June 21 at The Palace of Auburn Hills, it was announced today.

Granderson, the All-Star outfielder for the Detroit Tigers and a life-long pro wrestling fan, will be an integral part of Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling’s 7th anniversary show, airing live on pay-per-view and featuring such stars as Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Sting, AJ Styles, Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett and reigning TNA World Heavyweight Champion Mick Foley.

Granderson will serve as the Keeper of the Title for the inaugural X-Division King of the Mountain match, which will showcase the high-flying, death-defying X-Division stars.

Granderson also will be a color commentator for that match, alongside Mike Tenay and Don West.

“I am excited to be a part of Slammiversary 7 and TNA Wrestling,” Granderson said. “It is a strong organization that provides amazing entertainment to sports fans at a value not provided by most sports entities. The opportunity to work with this historic event was not one I could pass up.

“I am an avid fan of pro wrestling and TNA Wrestling in particular. I have attended numerous TNA shows in Orlando with family, friends and teammates, and it is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. I expect only the biggest and best to come out for Slammiversary 7 at The Palace of Auburn Hills.”

Slammiversary 7 features seven matches, including a King of the Mountain Match for the TNA World Championship.

“I take the role of Keeper of the Title seriously,” Granderson said. “The X Division’s best will by vying for this belt in a King of the Mountain Match, but it won’t just be handed to them. I expect all of the competitors to fight a tough match, and I will relinquish the belt once they meet my standards of a champion.”

“Slammiversary 7” will mark the 7th anniversary of TNA Wrestling and TNA’s return to the Detroit area for the first time since “Bound For Glory 2006,” which was the first time TNA held a pay-per-view event outside of the “iMPACT! Zone” in Orlando, Fla.

“We’re thrilled and honored that Curtis has agreed to be a part of Slammiversary 7,” said TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter. “Curtis isn’t just a great baseball player, but a wonderful person, a great humanitarian. His charity, The Grand Kids Foundation, was established in 2008 as an educational-based organization and it does wonders to help needy kids.

“TNA Wrestling is honored to support The Grand Kids Foundation and will be making a sizeable donation to Curtis’ foundation at Slammiversary 7, and we strongly encourage all TNA fans to make a donation to The Grand Kids Foundation.”

Donations to the Grand Kids Foundation will go towards purchasing school supplies for needy families/kids, books and supplies for schools which do not get the funding they always need, establishing baseball programs as well as providing equipment and facilities in some of Michigan’s inner-cities and eventually a scholarship program for graduating high school seniors.

Both of Curtis’ parents served as educators in the Chicago area while he was a child. Curtis is one of only a handful of MLB players with a college degree. Curtis graduated from the University of Illinois-Chicago in 2002 with degrees in Business Marketing and Business Management.

Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal   Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:46 pm

who lol
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal   Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:51 pm

I don't know him either but it seems to be a big deal so I'm guessing someone will know
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal   Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:51 pm

wait for the yankess to come online lol
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
thedmd

Country : Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal   Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:10 pm

I can't say i like it but if the shows gonna be at the palace they might as well bring in someone from the Detroit Tigers. I wonder what the motor city mg's will be doing that night. They are "from" detroit.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal   Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:42 am

detroit has a big baseball following. He's a pretty big name, and TBS has used him for commentary before, so he's pretty good at talking
Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
thedmd

Country : Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal   Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:44 pm

doom are you from MI??? He is the most logical choice out all the tigers, that and since TNA is apparently going to donate some $$$$ to his charity.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal   Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:09 pm

I'm from Mass, so the red sox are the only team i follow. I asked my friend about it, and he told me that the he's definitely one of the most liked tigers.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal   Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:10 pm

Well that would make sense then, I don't know much about Baseball, whats to actually care about anyway?????? but from what I read this was some kind of a big deal
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal   Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:13 pm

he's a pretty big name. If the ppv is being held in detriot, it'll get them a quite a few people live.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal   Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:15 pm

Thats sure as hell what they need, they can't fill the allocation most of the time despite giving the majority of tickets away
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal   Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal Empty

Back to top Go down

Major MLB Baseball Star & TNA Reach Deal
Page 1 of 1