Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it? Empty
PostSubject: Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it?   Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:43 pm

Since Mr. Kennedy came into the company a lot of people, including myself, saw big things for him, we saw a future main eventer. He was 'WWE-style' he had a good look, he connected with the crowd early on, he was fairly good on the mic and in the ring.

When he came in he was average in the ring, but I and others thought that could easily be improved, coaching and training should sort that out, his mic work held a lot of potential. He connected with the crowd, he had the voice for it and always seemed confident on the stick.

But in the years he has been in the company we have seen him given many oppurtunitys to make the step up, but he seems to throw them all away. There have been two big attempts of pushing this guy to the moon, both involving the McMahons, one even trying to add him to the kayafbe Mc.Mahon family, but due to injuries, suspensions and what not they were never capatalised.

On top of all this he has been in high profile feuds with both the Undertaker and Shawn Michaels, the two guys best for putting young talent over and yet this has never given him a proper push.

He has been drafted, he had been given face turns, movies, segments, sent to the uk for tv programs everything WWE can think of they have done for Mr. Kennedy to give him a proper push, but yet he is still lingering in the mic-card doing nothing.

So where did it all go wrong for Kennedy?

I think first of all what wrong for Mr. Kennedy is the sudden comparison to Austin, as soon as that was mentioned there was tons of pressure on him to be the long awaited heir to Austin's thrown, the crowd wanted Kennedy to be the rebel they could cheer, something they sorely missed.

But to be honest the face turn flopped, Kennedy seemed only able to get a good reaction of the crowd by screaming 'Kennedy' at his oppenant which became tedious, repetative and dull quickly.

Second there seemed to be no sign of improvment, he is still average in the ring, he doesn't have the storytelling ability that is almost certainly required of someone supposedly the 'next Austin'.

On the mic he hadn't improved either, his only way of connecting with the crowd was shouting his name, while good to get known with the fans at first is not needed two years into your career.

And thirdly it was his injuries, they seem to be getting worse, and it starting to look all the more likely that his career will be cut short. Now this is not the fault of Kennedy himself, it just seems he might not have the body to be a wrestler, or he just might not be able to recover as well as others.

It's a shame that someone with so much potential, some thought he would be main eventing Wrestlemania by now, has amounted to nothing.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'

Location : Nottingham Number of posts : 160 Favourite Wrestler : Evan Bourne
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
John Morrison

PostSubject: Re: Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it?   Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:10 pm

I think it's really been the injuries that've finished him. He can't stay fit long enough to capitalise on a push and i fear he's a bit of a Jonny Wilkinson, good but way too injury-prone thus i think he will never make the step-up.

He was billed as the big new star and maybe this got to him in some way as well but whatever the reasons i fear it's too late for Mr. Kennedy to be the star everyone thought he could be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it?   Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 5:00 pm

Yeah, it's too late for Mr Glass, his time has come and gone and now even the fans are tired of him...
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it?   Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 8:09 pm

I hope so (I still want a MVP vs Kennedy feud over a world title in the future).

Hopefully that hope is slowly fading if he doesn't return by the beginning of summer, I feel it will be too late, the fans will have forgotten him completely and it doesn't help that Dolph Ziggler has stole his gimmick.

I think people are over-exaggerating the effect of his face turn last year, I don't think it did damage him at all, I do think he shouldn't have turned but he was beginning to get over and had his injury not cropped up again, he might have been in Mr Ziggler's position now.

I think your evalution of his mic skills are a little harsh, I think he has more to give than just shouting his name twice. And I agree his in ring skills were pretty rubbish but if he does return, I am sure he will have improved dramatically.

Unlikely I know, but he could have a poor immune system (I think that is what causes this problem) which means (like you said) he cannot fight off injuries as well as others.

I respect him if he does what he intends to do if he is forced to retire and become a developmental trainer for WWE.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it?   Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 10:05 pm

I still don't think we've seen a very good promo from Kennedy, a couple of months ago he was just promoting his film and other than that I can't think of a real good promo he has cut.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Dr. Oznog
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
Dr. Oznog

Location : Deepest, Darkest Africa Number of posts : 119 Favourite Wrestler : Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Chris Benoit, Mick Foley, Stan Hansen, Vader, Dr. Death, Terry Gordy, Raven, Dean Malenko, Mr. Perfect, Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, Randy Savage

PostSubject: Re: Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it?   Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 11:53 pm

Good post. I thought Kennedy was a sure fire thing myself, but after he's done the 'Kennedy' catchphrase there doesn't seem to be a whole lot else. But does the fault lie with Kennedy for not delivering promos with the necessary zeal to hook the fans, or with WWE's creative department, who write every line that comes out of his mouth? As for his performances in the ring, well he's not horrible, he can wrestle, but his style is so bland, much like almost everybody else in WWE. Nothing he does other than his Kennedy catchphrase intro allow him to stand out. I'd like to see him more aggressive personally, but there's a limit to how aggressive he can be because remember, no one can look tougher than Triple H, that's the Golden Rule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it?   Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Mr. Kennedy ever make it?
Page 1 of 1