Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract

Go down 
+4
boschbourne06
the-gaffer
InvincibleIleak
Discopants
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract Empty
PostSubject: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:38 pm

Quote :
WWE is currently doing everything they can to try and sign Jeff Hardy to a new deal, as his current contract will be expiring in a few months. Over the last few weeks Jeff Hardy has turned down all attempts at a contract extension and new full-fledged brand new deal. WWE is so hell-bent on signing him to a new deal that they are offering him a 1-year extension to lock him in for just one more year.

The fact that Jeff Hardy has not yet re-signed, WWE has made the creative decision to make his feud with Matt Hardy go in Matt’s favor and rush through it. This is also one of the reasons why Matt was moved to the RAW brand.

So far Hardy has turned down everything they’ve thrown at him, and he’s said to be looking at his options outside of the wrestling business. He’s not necessarily looking at TNA, but rather looking at taking some time off from the road to enjoy life and not have anything to do with WWE.

His current contract is said to expire in the next 2 to 4 months.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:48 pm

Shocker!

He's massivly over and WWE look like they were planning on making him a world champion.

I thought he was all about wrestling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

I was about to post this, well done Disc Laughing

You can't really fault the guy, the last couple of years have been traumatic for him, he has been pushed beyond belief then he messes it all up with a Wellness, then his house burns down and his dog dies, a dog he deeply loved, he finally gets to win the World Title, at this point he would have worked every night showing off the strap then he basically gets 6 weeks off and his first defence he loses it and doesn't get involved in a programme to get the strap back.

He might feel a bit cheated as well as emotionally burned out!

I think this is great news, I'm not his biggest fan but he is a big draw for the WWE so I think him switching to TNA would be absolutely massive
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 1:09 am

hopefully he leaves i cant stand him but WWE are going to do any thing to keep him cos the fans love him unfortunately

i just read online he's handed in his notice and will leave when his contract expires Perfect
big loss for WWE if its true
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:08 am

Quote :
Partial Source: PWInsider.com

SmackDown wrestler Jeff Hardy has handed in his notice to World Wrestling Entertainment. He has three months left on his contract and is refusing to sign an extension at the current time. They've offered him several separate deals and he's turned them all down as of this point.

It's being said that he is very burned out and looking to do some other things outside of wrestling, so there is a very good possibility that he won't be renewing his contract when it comes due this summer. This could explain his losses to his brother in recent weeks.

More details on this story as it develops.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:11 am

Hope he leaves, hope TNA doesn't sign him. The guy is a complete waste of space, yet he's over with people just for jumping off of things from big heights. Got no respect for him whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:47 am

To be fair thought Guns as much as I'm not a fan of his, his in ring work has seen a massive improvement in the last 2 years, that attitude is usual of guys who only think of him up until about two years ago

I would say Jeff was probably TV wrestler of the year in 2008, big kudos from someone who isn't a fan of his, he has massively improved

TNA would kill to have him
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 am

Granted I haven't been watching WWE regularly for about 6 months, but in the time before that I hadn't really seen much improvement in him. He was still a below average wrestler who was just constantly looking for the next spot because he didn't have a firm grasp on the basics.

You're right though, TNA would kill to bring him back, and that may just begin to make me turn away from TNA. Hardy's world title reign was one of the main reasons why I stopped watching Smackdown.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:15 am

Don't know why though, he never wrestled as the champ, I think that might be in his thinking with this contract!

I hope he goes to TNA, I want to see how it would effect their ratings, it might also be a rocket up the backside of Vince McMahon
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:25 am

Don't think it really would have an effect on TNA's ratings. He didn't do much for their popularity when he was there before, and although he is even more popular now, I still can't see it working. When TNA have signed guys like Kurt Angle and it has no effect on ratings, then you're basically looking at Hogan, Austin and The Rock as being the only ones who could possibly boost that rating.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 4:43 pm

I don't really mind him these days, I think as long as he is kept off the mic he is bearable. But I just don't think he should be in the main event, he should be the guy on the edge, gets into title matches but is always just short of winning the belt, a bit like Mysterio is.

That's the situation I believe he is best at.
Back to top Go down
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'

Location : Nottingham Number of posts : 160 Favourite Wrestler : Evan Bourne
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
John Morrison

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:47 pm

This is a bit of shame if i'm honest. I'm not a huge Jeff fan but i do enjoy massive spots, and love the way he's prepared to put his body on the line. This will be a big loss to WWE and even if you're not a fan of his massive spots, they are at least memorable.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:58 pm

So one of the reasons he is apparantly quitting WWE is because he had a short title reign? Are you kidding me?! He is lucky to have become a world champion at all, there are a few other guys who had never had a chance at winning, let alone to hold, the two big titles (WHC and WWE). He could have won that title much sooner, had he not fucked up the biggest push of his career and lost his chance to win MITB at WM 24.

Ridiculous excuse IMO and if he does go to TNA, I will lose what little respect I have left for him. That sounds like the way Angle went a couple of years ago, "emotional burnout" my arse! Laughing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 7:49 pm

Angle was completely burnt out though, his body was falling apart and the WWE wouldn't give him time off
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Quote :
- Jeff Hardy posted the following on his official Facebook page regarding the reports of his contract situation with WWE:

"Jeffrey Itchweed Nero Hardy says that new contract signing are RUMORS, which means it may not be true, I might sign a new contract soon but the contract doesn't expire till July, so I'll play it day-by-day."

Itchweed Nero Laughing

Think this is about as close to NO as possible like.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 12:26 am

taking th piss out o
i thought my middle name was bad
hope he doesn't sign a new contract im going to bombard his facebook with Spam cos i hate him that muchlol
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 7:01 pm

Quote :
Jeff Hardy is giving the impression to friends that he will re-sign with WWE before his contract expires this summer. He's said to be burned out with the schedule and additional time off will likely be something he requests in contract negotiations.

In related news, Hardy has had talks with MTV regarding a reality television project. It's said to be tied to "The Hardy Show" that he and his brother produce together online. The MTV talks are simply at the discussion level, but Jeff is said to be very excited about the idea of having his a reality show on the network.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 7:10 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Quote :
Jeff Hardy is giving the impression to friends that he will re-sign with WWE before his contract expires this summer. He's said to be burned out with the schedule and additional time off will likely be something he requests in contract negotiations.

In related news, Hardy has had talks with MTV regarding a reality television project. It's said to be tied to "The Hardy Show" that he and his brother produce together online. The MTV talks are simply at the discussion level, but Jeff is said to be very excited about the idea of having his a reality show on the network.

That would be terrible!

On a side note, did anyone else cringe at the promo Jeff gave on the Smackdown before Backlash? He really needs to let his spots do the talking for him.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 1:12 pm

didnt see it but did he say

"World HEEEEEAVYWEIIIGHT CHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHMPIIIIAARRRRN" then do a shite?
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 1:15 pm

lool sexton thats one of the reason i hate him he always sounds constipated

i didnt want him to sign another contract i was hoping he would leave but we cant always get what we want Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract   Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract Empty

Back to top Go down

Jeff Hardy Turns Down New WWE Contract
Page 1 of 1