Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite Empty
PostSubject: Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite   Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 9:56 pm

Quote :
In an interview with The UK Mirror, actor and early Wrestlemania headliner Mr. T commented that he turned down an invitation to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame because of the induction of another celebrity, Pete Rose.

"WWE asked me to be in the Hall of Fame and I turned it down. You know why? They put Pete Rose in the wrestling Hall of Fame. This guy can't even get into his own Hall of Fame. After they put Rose in they came and asked me and I said "You don't insult me! You don't put Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame before me! I ain’t going to be a part of that. They put him in and he only did one WrestleMania, and he didn't even wrestle."

T went on to claim he was the only celebrity to have wrestled, overlooking New York Giants great Lawrence Taylor, who headlined Wrestlemania 11's main event against the late Bam Bam Bigelow. There is also William "The Refrigerator" Perry, who competed in the Wrestlemania 2 NFL Battle Royal and was inducted into the Hall several years ago in Chicago as well. Last year, boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. faced off with The Big Show in Orlando, FL.

Mr. T teamed with Hulk Hogan to defeat Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff in the main event of the first Wrestlemania in 1985 and returned to "box" Roddy Piper in one of the main events for the second Wrestlemania. He also had a short, forgotten stint as a troubleshooting WWF referee in the late 1980s.

For the record, Pete Rose actually appeared at Wrestlemanias 14-16, one more than T, doing a bit with Kane each year that led to Rose taking some sort of bump.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite   Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:25 pm

Well fucking said!

Having Pete Rose in there (before Austin, I might add) is nothing short of prving that the "Hall of Fame" is 100% wank.

Good on Mr.T for actually acknowledging that he hasn't actually done anything for wrestling and doesn't belong there.

Great all round egg actually, anyone see Soccer AM this week Laughing
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite   Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:27 pm

I saw it Disco, completely different from what I expected, I heard he was a bit of an up himself dick, thought he came across pretty well, that being said, its amazing what the credit crunch makes you do Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite   Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Aye, suppose so.

Notice how he never took a penalty?

And they never even asked him?

Even Estelle took a penna Smile

Obviously said before hand he wasn't doing it Laughing
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite   Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:34 pm

Mr T is far too cool to be missing a dig at Rome

I remember Justin Lee Collins made a show 'Bring Back the A-Team' and T was hard to deal with, people weren't allowed to look at him or talk directly too him and if you wanted to know something you had to ask his minder who asked him then he replied before his minder replied to you, even if people where standing within 10 feet of him, he was meant to be a bit of a recluse too

It was all hearsay though and nothing official, I guess going with how he went on Soccer AM he can call Bullshit on those stories
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite   Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:37 pm

Definitely, he was a great laugh!

More so than Grobbelaar, who I expected more of considering how mad he was on the pitch.

Kinda dull off it.

But his daughter Shocked

Certainly wouldn't kick her out the four poster for fartin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite   Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:38 pm

No Wonder

If she was anything like her old man she would probably rob your wallet whilst lying on the floor 'outta sight'
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite   Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:39 pm

taking th piss out o

possibly be worth it Smile
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite   Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:44 pm

Fuck it

I would, cost me more than that for a fugly a few times when iv got to 3am and not pulled taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite   Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:56 pm

Haha, the only girls left by 3am are either lesbians, fat or have hepatitis C Laughing

Maybe even a combo of all three Shocked

I was almost disappointed in Grobbelaar's Daughter, was expecting some frumpy Eastern European bird with his Tash and an old school Liverpool shirt Laughing
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite   Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:59 pm

Like some retro Ron Jermey with a fanny
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite   Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Precisely Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite   Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite Empty

Back to top Go down

Mr. T Turns Down H.O.F. Invite
Page 1 of 1