Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies

Go down 
+3
Doomhammer
Grecian
the-gaffer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies Empty
PostSubject: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:37 am

Quote :
Nine year-old Damori Miles died on Tuesday after jumping off the roof of his apartment wearing a homemade parachute. "He tried to do a swan dive like Jeff Hardy [mistakenly listed as "Jeff Harding"] does on Smackdown," explained best friend Shakar Murrell. "(WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009) was his favorite game. He played it all the time. That was what he was trying to do."

This is nowhere near the fault of the WWE or Jeff Hardy, while I don't really like the swanton bomb move, I would hope they don't feel the need to have Hardy use the Twist of Fate as his finisher for a while, Pro Wrestling has its faults but it can't be held accountable for every tragedy like this that happens
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:56 am

The Swanton Bomb actually looks very impressive live, Jeff did one at the house show I went to , the crowd went nuts for it!

It's blatantly not the WWE's fault, Jeff never uses a parachute. At least the kid had the sense to try and use one, if not the technical know-how on how parachutes work.
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 2:55 am

dumb

ass

thats all i'm gonna say.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:24 am

Can't see them banning the move, I remember a good few years ago some kid killed his brother with a tombstone and they didn't ban that. Swanton is a pretty good move I think, I always loved it when The Sandman did his version of it.

As for kids doing the moves, yeah it is stupid, but I'm sure we've all done it. Hell I remember Dr. Oznog telling me he once broke his collar bone doing a swanton in his back garden, I used to do moves off the top of my garden shed, but I suppose it takes a real idiot to jump off the roof of a block of flats.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:34 am

I think it's stupid that people try and blame wrestling for their own kid's stupidity. It's common sense that you don't try and do something like that, especially not from a big height.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:46 am

i was reading more about it online there blaming the game over his death as well

thegunman84 wrote:
I remember a good few years ago some kid killed his brother with a tombstone

i remember that to but didnt they just not use it for while till the heat died down
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:17 am

hmmm maybe they did, although I don't recall that happening. They surely wouldn't have switched to taker using a chokeslam, he only ever beats jobbers with that these days. Last Ride maybe?
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:26 am

yeah he just used the last ride for a long time
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 12:28 pm

can i ask.

how the hell can someone even do a swanton whilst attactched to a home made parachute Neutral

logic escapes me where someone could do a front flip from a roof whilst tied to a sheet id pressume. How was it ever meant to work :S

I blame the bloody paratroopers
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:42 pm

Maybe that's why it went wrong and they died then Sexton. Probably realised halfway through that they wouldn't be able to flip all the way over, and ended up landing on his head.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 4:50 pm

parachute No

still dont get it. surely matresses or into a pool would be more plausable
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 5:38 pm

Hardcastle, he is jumping off a roof, why try and make sense of whats going through his head
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 6:30 pm

hardy doesnt use a parachute though bounce
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Touche

Point conceded
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies   A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies Empty

Back to top Go down

A nine year-old pro wrestling fan dies
Page 1 of 1