Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Another WWE Departure

Go down 
+4
feяgie22
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
Rocky2
boschbourne06
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Another WWE Departure Empty
PostSubject: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 6:05 pm

pretty shocked to see it to be him

Quote :
Longtime WWE color commentator Tazz finished up with World Wrestling Entertainment last night after calling the matches for this Friday's edition of SmackDown.

The former ECW Heavyweight Champion is now officially done with the company as his contract expires today.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 6:09 pm

I wasn't expecting that at all, it seems no-one wants to commentate on SD lol. I've heard JR still wants to go back to RAW and Foley and now Tazz have left.

I can see JBL going to back to commentating on SD if the rumours of his impending retirement are true. Failing that, I could possibly see King move to SD while JBL goes to RAW or Striker makes the step up to RAW. Be interesting to see how Striker and Cole work together.
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 6:23 pm

I think JBL and JR would be a great pairing on commentary.

After watching a few matches when Jerry Lawler was heel, i think JR was much better with a proper heel partner.
Then again like you said Striker would be a good option too.

I did like Tazz as an announcer but he was better with Styles on ECW.

Wont be particularly missed by me but it will be interesting to see what happens at Mania
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:55 pm

He wanted to boot fuck out of vince taking th piss out o

Quote :

Smackdown announcer Tazz contract expired today and last night's taping of Smackdown was his final WWE broadcast. He has not been on good terms with Vince McMahon and has been yelled at several times. According to friends, Tazz was talked out of confronting Vince at least once about his aggressive production style.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:08 pm

Really surprised at that, I thought Tazz was by far the best 2nd man in the WWE

You would think that any contracts up just now would be given another week to see them by WrestleMania, that being said, what better way to introduce someone than at Mania, thats where Jim Ross made his WWF debut
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:09 pm

joey Styles going back on commentary?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:19 pm

It doesn't fix it though does it, Joey is the play by play guy, while Tazz was colour (I think I've got that the right way about)
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:26 pm

(you did get it the right way round!)

Joey can do both though, he called ECW PPV's on his own, I reckon he'd do the job quite happily. Failing that, maybe they did find a role for Kozlov...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:30 pm

Yea, I know Joey held his own in ECW, infact he was brilliant in ECW, it was a poor watered down version he had to do when he came to the WWE, I wouldn't mind Joey back on the stick, I like him, I wonder if Rajah Singh might be up to the task
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:35 pm

We want Adamle! Laughing

I was beginning to enjoy Tazz and JR's commentary team, thought they played off each other well and I liked how JR mentioned the fact that Tazz always seems to talk to every superstar before their match that night lol.

A random idea but Jamie Noble isn't too bad on the mic, maybe he could go to ECW with Grisham and be the color commentator there? It doesn't look like WWE have any plans for Noble so they may as well give him a job on commentary making him earn his wage than pay him for showing up on RAW a couple of times every few months. Striker could then go to RAW or Smackdown and JBL could fill the other position.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:36 pm

When I first heard it the first thing I thought of was maybe having a three man announce team, I'd like to hear Stryker in alongside JR and Lawler, not that I like Lawler much anymore but if he is going to be the complete baby-face then Stryker could play the no it all heel alongside JR who could be the straight laced play by play
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:40 pm

Noble is a good idea Rock

I think if JBL was to go back to commentating then he would be on RAW although I think he would be too valuable now to do that, I think he could play a modern day Vince McMahon, when McMahon was actually a great heel boss

I'd love to see JBL 'buying' 50% of SmackDown! from McMahon and being that dastardly boss
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:42 pm

Where would that leave Vickie though? Would Vickie and JBL share the GM role with JBL slowly phasing Vickie out of power? And would this mean Vickie goes to RAW permanently or even to ECW?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:51 pm

I don't think Vickie would be around by this time, shes been a brilliant heel but she would have a shelf life I think, anyway, I think if it did happen it wouldn't be for a long time to come
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:53 pm

Do you think JBL will retire from the ring at Mania then? If not, what do you reckon his big announcement will be?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:59 pm

I've got absolutely no idea, I think it might be announcing his retirement as the IC champ but I really don't know, its one of the things I am looking forward to hearing, I would love it though it he had 'purchased' SmackDown!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:05 pm

Quote :
As reported earlier, SmackDown announcer Tazz is gone from World Wrestling Entertainment. His WWE contract expired today and he will not be at WrestleMania on Sunday.

The buzz in the WWE locker room last night was that Tazz gave WWE officials notice a few weeks ago that he would not be renewing his deal. He is leaving on good terms.

Tazz reportedly had been telling friends that he is burnt out and needs some time to recharge his batteries. That said, the door is still open for him to explore other options, including TNA Wrestling, Ring of Honor or even UFC.

With Tazz gone, there will now be an open spot at the SmackDown announcer's table. One name that's been talked about is John Bradshaw Layfield, who is looking to retire from the ring this year and is a former SmackDown announcer himself.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:38 pm

Sod JBL.

Stick Cole back on Smackdown then have Vince get on as a heel with Lawler Smile

Be like a total reverse of 15 years ago.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:46 pm

I would really like to see the 3 guy announce team for at least one of the shows

I think the outstanding candidate right now within the WWE is Joey Styles

For the record, I really would like to hear Vince back on the stick
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 pm

Is Shane doing anything at the moment?

He used to do some odd shows in 97/98, pretty decent choice I reckon.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:54 pm

Not Sure what Shane is doing just now, he is involved in this rivalry with Legacy but that wont last.

I can remember him being in the commentary but can't recall him calling any matches so don't know how good he would be

I think Joey Styles is the best in the WWE
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:04 am

I would like to see a three way commentary team. I thought it worked quite well at 'Mania with three not very good commentators, so stick Joey Styles into it, or JBL it could be great.

Raw

JR
Lawler

Smackdown

Cole
JBL
Joey Styles

Cole could support the faces more, JBl the heels and Joey be the unbiased one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:39 am

I like the 3 commentators, its something the WWF used to do quite a lot, that being said if JBL was one of them then I don't think they would need a third guy

JBL himself said he doesn't see himself doing anything like that again anyway, personally I think he is too talented on the stick to be doing commentary
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 10:22 am

The 3 commentators thing only really works if one of them is not Michael Cole.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Not sure, if Cole is the lead guy then its ok, but if he is a sidekick then I agree with you

I don't actually mind Michael Cole, he is booked to be the nerd but is a decent announcer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Departure   Another WWE Departure Empty

Back to top Go down

Another WWE Departure
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next