Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Mick Foley

Go down 
+3
Grecian
the-gaffer
boschbourne06
7 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:20 am

do you think foley will be able to last once again in the main event scene ?

i've been thinking this since his match with sting was made for the world title i dont think Foley will be able to last the entire match between the two of them i think he'll start of strong for a good 5mins but after that i think he'll be knackered so sting will be in complete control of the match all tough i think foley will do something crazy like jump from the top of the cage then probably miss and sting will win the match i think TNA could have gave the title match to someone else there are alot of better wrestlers in that company who could have fought sting for the title
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:02 pm

The Good thing for Foley is that Sting hasn't had the longest of matches recently anyway, I think the entire thing including both entrances will be around 10-12 minutes tops, I will be surprised if this is the last match of the night
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:06 pm

got a feeling this will before the the tag match of team angle vs team joe even though joe said he doesnt want to be captain so i think it'll be team jarrett
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:14 pm

Foley does tend to get himself in something resembling ok condition for matches when he's got a few weeks to get himself sorted.

I remember his match with Edge at Mania 22, at the start of the angle he could barely move, by the time Mania rolled around, he was back in his usual shape, and by the extreme rules mixed tag match at One Night Stand with Dreamer and Funk, he was in pretty good shape.

With a couple of weeks to prepare himself, I reckon he'll surprise everyone yet...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:05 pm

did anyone think watching that, that it was basicly what foley wanted to do vs edge?

if you stuck that promo on the end of the ones they were doing before he quit, it was similar material.

and foley has said, i have one more big match left in me, we all thought it would be vs edge in a HITC but now looks like hes going to fuck himself up big time to get people talking about TNA. I for one am very excited after he said he was going to do some dives off the cage Very Happy

TNA has stepped up recently too, now im watching it. (seem to be slight pops at vince bumming off the wrestler film too, they must have mentioned people not being able to quit wrestlign 20 times on latest impact)
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:16 pm

Watching Foley try and survive suicide again is not something I want to see, 11 years ago he was in great shape, far better than he is now and his body was used to the hustle and bustle of every day contact, he simply doesn't have that now and the shock to his body and his bones could finish him off for good!

I'm glad Foley is gone from the WWE, he kept on wanting that one big match but if it goes wrong then the guy in the ring with him wont revcover, I hope if he does have '1 last match' and like haracter the Randy the Ram, I doubt this will be his last match, then I hope its against someone very experianced because severely injuring himself will not do a guy like AJ Styles or Bobby Roode any good in the long term
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Doesn't that just sum Foley up though? Rather than have one last run, he'd rather have one last go at completely fucking himself up. Nothing he will ever do will top going off and through the cell against the Taker, and it's going to be hard as hell to watch him try and do it.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Well with Sting knees being knackered for about the last 3-4 months, and Foley having looked dreadful the last couple of times he's stepped in the ring, as soon as I heard about the match I was expecting the worst. Then Foley's promo on this weeks Impact somehow managed to get me really excited about it, Foley's promo's always seem to work wonders.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:43 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
Well with Sting knees being knackered for about the last 3-4 months, and Foley having looked dreadful the last couple of times he's stepped in the ring, as soon as I heard about the match I was expecting the worst. Then Foley's promo on this weeks Impact somehow managed to get me really excited about it, Foley's promo's always seem to work wonders.

exactly what I thought, he can barely swing a chair now, but that promo made me think, well hes going to do somthing big and somthing that will go down in wrestlign history, not just tna history
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:14 pm

Promos can only take you so far though, a good promo can take you further than a good match in the build up to the big blow off, however it can also effect the match pretty badly too particularly if so much hype surronds it only for the match to be one big dissaster

For the record I don't think it will, I think Sting and Foley have to much love for each other and will go that extra mile they might not do with others, however it might not be enough, I would rather see a short match with both giving as good as they've got before a Sting win than both trying to last out until 20 minutes and it being a snooze fest!

I hope I'm wrong though, no one likes to see two genuine legends looking out of place, particularly in a World Title Match

Incidently, if Sting makes it to Lockdown as the Champion of the World (copy righted Jesse Ventura) then it would be his longest ever reign as World Champion, I have said for a while I think he will retire this year and this run will probably be his swansong
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:19 pm

Grecian wrote:
Doesn't that just sum Foley up though? Rather than have one last run, he'd rather have one last go at completely fucking himself up. Nothing he will ever do will top going off and through the cell against the Taker, and it's going to be hard as hell to watch him try and do it.

I liked Foley a lot, even after King Of The Ring 98 I liked him too, never his biggest fan although I did like him a lot in matches, although strangely enough I liked Dude Love

Anyway, ever since King Of The Ring 98 I felt Foley was always trying to better that spot, its something that should never be held up as a benchmark, what he did was plain right stupid and the second one was a complete accident, if you listen to Jerry Lawler's commentary the moment he hit the canvas it pretty much summed it up, he just said "thats it he's dead" and it wasn't said in a quirky manor, it was said with total concern and completely off the cuff

Foley then saw first hand what it did to his family when he took all those chair shots to his head at the 99 Rumble there in my opinion is just absolutely no justification for Foley to put himself through any more of this, and despite what he says its not for the fans, its for himself, desperate to prove he can be the man for one more night, if he even attempts anything so ridiculous as King of the Ring he will end up dead
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 9:04 pm

When I first heard about this match, I was disappointed. Although the promos between Foley and Sting have and will continue to be very good, I feel the match will be poor like most people have already said. Foley is a guy who looks in pain all the time (doesn't surprise me after all the bumps he has taken) and Sting doesn't look too good either. I would much rather have had Eric Young vs Sting or Joe vs Sting than seeing Foley and Sting struggle to get through the match, let alone put on a good one.

I think Angle will get involved in this match, maybe give Foley an Angle Slam off the top of the Cage? To be honest, I've lost interest in this MEM/Foley/Jarrett angle now, it's getting quite confusing now with Sting turning on Angle, Foley turning on Sting and I can't believe Jarrett and Angle are still feuding with each other. I'm not sure about the point of the Frontline anymore either. It's like TNA are trying to do all their potential greatest feuds all at once.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 9:55 pm

its car crash booking, its done for the shock effect and nothing else, by now AJ should be the one main eventing the World Title match
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:10 pm

In the midst of the Attitude era I was a huge Foley fan.
He was always the Jarvis Cocker to the Gallaghers and Albarns (Rock & Austin), the cool uncool one.
The guy who willing played the fool, take the bump, job when required and make the other guy look a million bucks. He went in the ring with no air nor graces. He didn't demand who would lay down for him and he'd put his body on the line far more than most guys. Of all the guys in the ring, he was a real hero. An underdog, a family man, a fighter.
But now?
Leave it Mick, you've earnt the money, you've sold the books, you've had the big pops, you've stole the show and you'll always be remembered for THAT Hell In A Cell.
Don't be remembered for yet another great that couldn't walk away.

Last edited by macclads on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:49 pm

this needs to be an open letter and posted to his local newspaper Maccs

Well said that man
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 6:33 pm

Can't remember where I heard it, but somebody once said that pro wrestling is the greatest drug in the world, and the signs certainly show that to be true. So many guys have had their time and should retire for the good of their health, yet they just can't let it go, their completely addicted to it.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:30 pm

I know fans can't really comment as they have never stepped into the ring themselves but surely just being in a on-screen role such as the GM or executive shareholder in Foley's case would be enough? You are still involved in the action but without putting yourself in any danger!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mick Foley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley   Mick Foley Empty

Back to top Go down

Mick Foley
Page 1 of 1