Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

ROH on HDNet

Go down 
+2
Rocky2
thegunman84
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:20 am

Well their first show was on Saturday, and I just watched it last night, anybody else seen it yet? What did you think? (it can be downloaded at http://www.mininova.org/get/2405399 if anybody's interested)

I thought it was a fairly good show, wrestling wise I don't really have any complaints, nothing really spectacular but good solid wrestling anyway. There wasn't really much in the way of storyline progression, with the focus solely being on the fued between Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black, but I guess that's kinda understandable given the time constraints. The only real negative I can think of, is the commentator HDNet forced them to bring in to replace regular commentator Lenny Leonard. The guy is pretty bad, not in a Don West or Jerry Lawler way, but basically it's fairly obvious that he has no real knowledge of wrestling, but I guess that should come in time. Overall, a pretty good show though.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:38 pm

Was this their 7th Anniversairy show?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:47 pm

No, that was the PPV

This is the start of their weekly shows that are on HDNet
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:50 pm

I see. So are their PPV's on HDNet too or do HDNet only show the weekly shows. And did the show Gunman talked about take place before or after the PPV?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:57 pm

I think the shows started on Saturday, the PPV was on Sunday, however they taped 9 shows a couple of weeks ago!

I think that will take them up to the next PPV I have no idea how regular PPVs are with ROH
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:40 pm

Pretty much what gaffer said, the tv tapings were done a couple of months ago I think, and Sunday was the 7th Anniversary Show (not a PPV though). Next PPV is caged Collision, and has already been taped and airs a few weeks from now, but the weekly shows should build up to it. Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:59 pm

Do they tape the PPVs weeks in advance as well?

When will the 7th anniversary air? thats the one McGuinness has been injured in
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:05 am

Yeah the PPVs are usually a couple of months in advance as well, and generally follows the same progression as the release of the DVDs. I don't think the anniversary show is a PPV, at least it wasn't last year anyway, probably be about May or June before it airs if it is a PPV, or is released on DVD.

Really sucks that McGuinness is injured, I wonder if they'll have him drop the title to Jerry Lynn in his next match? I don't think Lynn was where they were heading with this, but it would be better than having him vacate the title.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:09 am

I'm not sure, I think having him vacate the title and having a proper tournament would be better, it might also be called for too since they have a TV deal now, I think Lynn would only be a transitional champ which goes against pretty much most of the ROH reigns, I don't think they could end McGuinness' run with a transitional champ
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:26 am

I posted the 1st show here

http://wweandtna.niceboard.org/roh-f23/roh-23-03-09-t7688.htm
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:29 am

What a man Fergie, I meant to have a look for it earlier but ended up talking to Rocky
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:54 am

the-gaffer wrote:
I'm not sure, I think having him vacate the title and having a proper tournament would be better, it might also be called for too since they have a TV deal now, I think Lynn would only be a transitional champ which goes against pretty much most of the ROH reigns, I don't think they could end McGuinness' run with a transitional champ

A tournament could be good I suppose, if they really want to make sure that the belt goes on the guy that they intended I guess. Course you never know whether they would book Lynn as a transitional champ or not, but it's not like they haven't done it before, Bryan danielson's long reign ended when Homicide beat him, and he only went on to successfully defend the belt 3 times before Morishima destroyed him, which I felt worked well.

As a side note, while checking how mant defences Homicide had, I noticed that McGuinness has actually equalled the record set by Danielson at 38, and even though Samoa Joe held the belt for longer than either man, he only managed 29 successful defences, found that quite interesting.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 3:58 am

McGuinness could be out for up to 6 months, I think this would be his opportunity to get a move to the big time, not much he can do now in ROH, when you hold the strap for so long you have done basically all there is to do
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:14 am

It's funny, as a great a worker as McGuinness is, I can't really see him fitting in in either WWE or TNA, at least not without changing up his style a bit first. Other former champs like Danielson and Aries I feel would have a better chance in the big leagues.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:31 am

I think Danielson is one of the best in the business and really makes you want to watch a wrestling match unfold, however like Aries both don't fit in the the 'look' for the E, thats where McGuinness would fit in IMO, he can work and he certainly does have the look
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:49 am

Danielson might be a bit too pasty for them, and not the most well defined muscle wise. Aries I think is very similar in look to CM Punk though, and if he can make it I don't see why Aries can't. Aries should already be pretty over amongst the masses if it wasn't for his fuck up in TNA.

I agree that looks wise McGuinness fits the bill for WWE, I'm just not sure they'd accept his European style wrestling, and he'd be sent to OVW for months to learn WWE style which will really take away a lot from his originality, but I'd love to see it if they did sign him and keep him as he is. Shame that with the current kid friendly phase WWE is in, that he wouldn't be able to call people wanker though Sad
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 8:11 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
Pretty much what gaffer said, the tv tapings were done a couple of months ago I think, and Sunday was the 7th Anniversary Show (not a PPV though). Next PPV is caged Collision, and has already been taped and airs a few weeks from now, but the weekly shows should build up to it. Hope that helps

Thanks. And cheers to you too Fergie for posting the 1st show, will watch it later. Mines a Pint

Sorry for taking the thread slightly off topic but Gunman, I assume you know your Japanese wrestling so can you tell me what the deal is between IWGP and TNA? Is it a talent sharing agreement or have IWGP just signed certain TNA stars such as Team 3D, MCMG and Kurt Angle etc? Also, are there any chances of a IWGP vs TNA feud taking place anytime soon and are there any videos of IWGP on the Internet?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 8:15 pm

There is a talent sharing agreement with TNA, mainly because the Japanese public love the big American stars and TNA are trying to branch out as much as possible and this opens the doors to so many different avenues for them, you have saw TNA reep the beneifits of this in the X-Cup and also 'Global iMPACT!' they taped last year

There could be a IWPG vs TNA feud but it would happen in Japan, I don't think the American public have as much enthusiasm for Japanese wrestlers as the Japanese have for American Wrestlers, I suppose you could say they already fued because Angle and Team 3D have have programmes over the Heavyweight and Tag Team titles
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Thanks for the info. I saw parts of the X Cup last year I think, was surprised Team Mexico won, was sure that Team TNA/America would win.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:05 pm

Nah I don't think they would unify any titles, but somebody could very well be a double champ. They could very easily do an inter promotional fued similar to ROH vs CZW from a couple of years ago, or the brief WWE vs ECW fued in the 90s, as TNA do seem to frequently have a few Japanese wrestlers working for them for a few months at a time.

TNA do seem to be getting the better of the deal though, their wrestlers are treated like stars over there, and recently have won titles in Japan, while the Japanese wrestlers sent to TNA for a while, are generally jobbed out in shortish matches, even Hiroshi Tanahashi who I think is now their world champ.

As for videos, all I can suggest is searching for New Japan or NJPW as that's the company which has the IWGP titles (a little confusing, I know) on the usual sites, but it may be difficult to find a lot of recent stuff, and full shows even harder. Your best bet is wrestling torrent sites which have a Japanese section, with XWT probably being your best choice.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:19 pm

WCW nicked some great wrestlers from Japan, mainly just part time but they hosted loads of great matches, especially within the Cruiserweights.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 12:02 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure WCW had a similar sort of deal with New Japan that TNA has now, although not to quite the same extent. Still we did get to see the likes of Jushin Liger and Masahiro Chono. There was also the match between The Steiner Brothers and two Japs i can't remember the names of, where they broke one of the Japanese guys jaw and then started punching it, pretty brutal, but good.
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 12:03 am

Scott Steiner being a twat?, well I never thought I'd hear that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:03 am

Well actually, if I remember correctly it was actually Rick who was being the asshole. It was early 90s, so Scott hadn't become a maniac yet. Really wish I could remember which PPV that was on, it just looks so painful yet I can't stop laughing when I see it, sorta like Sid Vicious breaking his leg.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 3:01 pm

I can't watch Sids leg break, not actually saw it in years, even though I have saw him wrestling since I still can't look at it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ROH on HDNet Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROH on HDNet   ROH on HDNet Empty

Back to top Go down

ROH on HDNet
Page 1 of 1