Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Possible Push for Hardy?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Possible Push for Hardy? Empty
PostSubject: Possible Push for Hardy?   Possible Push for Hardy? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:52 pm

I just checked the Power 25 and he is top! Shocked

He's above Undertaker, Triple H, Edge even Cena and I think sometimes the Power 25 is a good way to see what WWE have planned and who is nearing a push, so maybe we could see a potential Jeff Hardy/Matt Hardy feud over a main championship, and maybe Koslov isn't moving to ECW, Hardy could be moving to Smackdown and possibly defeat Koslov to get a push to the main event?

Over-reacting or possible idea?
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Possible Push for Hardy?   Possible Push for Hardy? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 4:04 pm

I am not ruling out Jeff Hardy appearing on ECW but I doubt Vince would shift one of his best 'sellers' over to ECW just now when he is generating so much crowd reaction on SmackDown!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible Push for Hardy?   Possible Push for Hardy? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 4:05 pm

Also if Jeff would need to win the ECW title to be recognised as a possible future world champion then that would suggest that Matt is ahead of him already, and while I think Matt is the better wrestler I doubt very much he is held in a higher regard than his brother within the company!
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Possible Push for Hardy?   Possible Push for Hardy? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 4:08 pm

I actually meant Matt to move to Smackdown and over something bigger than the ECW Championship Shocked

I think that Matt will drop the title soon to Swagger and then carry on his feud with Koslov, Matt to go over Koslov and then for him or Jeff to turn heel and have a feud at least near the WWE Championship i.e. Triple Threats.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible Push for Hardy?   Possible Push for Hardy? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 4:46 pm

I don't think so, I do see possibly Kozlov going to ECW just now.

Its just to soon for Swagger, he needs to be in a couple of big ECW feuds before he gets the strap, he has everything but as far as the big leagues are concerned he is still relatively green.

You were not exactly clear on which Hardy you where talking about
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Possible Push for Hardy?   Possible Push for Hardy? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 5:18 pm

I see that now.

As for Swagger, I don't know, WWE seem to be very keen on him, didn't he have a massive undefeaten run in FCW? I can see him challenging for the title pretty quickly and actually carry on his undefeated run and beat him.

I also think if Matt were to move from ECW, they would need someone to take his place, a mid-card face. Kennedy?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible Push for Hardy?   Possible Push for Hardy? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 6:27 pm

Exactly the reason why I don't think Hardy will go anywhere, at the moment they are getting the best of both worlds out of Matt, they are using him as the focal point of ECW while still using him on SD! without the need for getting him involved in any title contention

You already said it, if they brought Hardy over then they would need someone to replace him on ECW, Kennedys recent history would suggest he is not the guy trusted with being the top dog of an understrengthed ECW. I like Hardy there, it gets him an opportunity to see how its like to be the name on a show, he needs it, also I would get Kozlov over there pronto and also get MVP over to ECW.

It would strengthen that show no end but it would also give them a chance to still be apart of SmackDown!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible Push for Hardy?   Possible Push for Hardy? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 6:31 pm

As for Swagger, I brought him to everyones attention back on S@uibs board, I started a threat about 'ones for the future' and he was one I highlighted, after reading a bit about him and seeing some clips I said he has the potential to be the next Brock Lesnar and I stand by that, however he has plenty of things that need to be ironed out before that happens, I don't like his name, his ring attire or his hair, he has the build but so far not the look.

Also I don't know why they bothered keeping him undefeated in FCW if they are not willing to recognise it in the WWE, it became rather pointless but then he lost before he was called up full time in ECW, he dropped the World Title to O'Shaunacy
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Possible Push for Hardy?   Possible Push for Hardy? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:34 pm

I think ECW has been a breath of fresh air for Matt Hardy but I also think that his character is getting very stale at the present time and of the two Hardys I think he'd play the better heel.

As for Swagger, I don't think he'll ever get seriously over unless he gets a manager so he doesn't have to speak. It's not really his fault but the lisp ruins any mic work he can do.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible Push for Hardy?   Possible Push for Hardy? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:45 pm

I don't know about his lisp, Cody Rhodes is getting over inspite of his serious lisp, Dusty Rhodes is one of the all time greats in American Pro Wrestling and he's got a serious lisp, I just think they need to let him do what he is comfortable doing, not have him do big promos that run the risk of him whistling through it but allow him to script his own promos so he knows what he is saying and is expected to say!

As for Matt Hardy, I am not so sure that ECW has been so good for him, it seemed like he was on a year long chase for the US title and after a long feud with MVP plus a bad injury he finally managed to defeat him and win the strap, he barely had it long enough to get his photo took and he was off to ECW and dropping the strap to Benjamin and had Hardy going from a roster that could have seen him face Benjamin, R-Truth and that calibar to ECW which has seem him lumbered with guys like Finlay who will give a good account of themselves but not put many bums in seats, and Mark Henry and that entire fued has been ugly as hell

The only justification for Matt Hardy being on ECW would have been if they had either or both Miz and Morrison in programmes with Hardy and maybe swapping the title a couple of times to add to that as well. Bourne gave me hope but as he is out as well I just don't see how Hardy could be allowed to leave ECW, there is just no one who could take his place and there isn't really a place for him on SD just now!
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Possible Push for Hardy?   Possible Push for Hardy? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:51 pm

I think Hardy just wasn't utilized very well on Smackdown, he seemed to be involved in failed feud after failed feud and then of course the MVP storyline went on too long, so ECW has allowed him to get some decent exposure, win a title and get more over than he already was. I think Kennedy and MVP, or even Umaga are some people who could move over to ECW, Jesse and Festus aren't doing anything. I think there are a few people who could take his place if he was to move.

Cody Rhodes has had Ted DiBase though for the majority of the time he has been the spotlight, and Randy Orton at times. He hasn't really had the need to speak much as he has been able to work off others. Which is why I think Swagger should get a manager ala like Brock Lesnar; who wasn't very good on the mic. Someone like Paul Heyman would be perfect, but I doubt you could tie a high profile name like Heyman to Swagger just yet, but someone in that kind of mould i.e. fast-talking sports agent kinda guy.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible Push for Hardy?   Possible Push for Hardy? EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Quote :
Cody Rhodes has had Ted DiBase though for the majority of the time he has been the spotlight and Randy Orton at times. He hasn't really had the need to speak much as he has been able to work off others

Don't agree with that statement one bit, have you actually watched Priceless???????

if you look back through Priceless, Cody has done most of the talking, he has been the one schooling Di Biase through his first few months, and while Di Biase is more than competent in the ring and decent on the mic, Cody has taken on the mantle of being the leading man even if he is seen as the second guy behind Di Biase, even look at the Orton promos, it has been mainly Rhodes who has been doing them!

Quote :
I think Hardy just wasn't utilized very well on Smackdown, he seemed to be involved in failed feud after failed feud and then of course the MVP storyline went on too long, so ECW has allowed him to get some decent exposure, win a title and get more over than he already was

I think Hardy failed feud where partly down to him and his lack of charisma, as for the MVP feud, yes that did go on way to long, it was great to begin with, then they won the tag titles, it looked excellent, they held onto the titles to long though, and by the time they lost the straps and it was time to swap the US over Hardy got injured, when he came back and won the US I don't think his popularity was higher since the days of TLC's with Jeff by his side!

So your saying you think he is more over now than when he beat MVP for the title????? I doubt it, your opinion though which is fair enough, listening to the pop he got in the aftermath of that win was surreal considering he has always been seen as Jeff brother, I can't recall him receiving a pop like that in any ECW title matches, even the one he became champ and and scramble match too!

Matt is over, no doubts about that however is he more over than he was 6 months ago?????? I doubt it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Push for Hardy?   Possible Push for Hardy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Push for Hardy?
Page 1 of 1