Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Chris Jericho

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Chris Jericho Empty
PostSubject: Chris Jericho   Chris Jericho EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 3:19 pm

Just some thoughts on his recent run with the title, which I feel has been more WWE Chump than Champ.

Jericho's reign was booked very poorly from beginning to end, and only served to make Jericho look like a weak champion who couldn't get the job done on his own. I had high hopes for his reign too, with HHH on Smackdown I figured he'd be given a fair shot this time around. If anyone needed a well booked title reign it was Jericho, after his horrendously booked Undisputed Title reign, alas it was not to be.

His reign started with a flukey victory in the scramble match, followed up by victories through nefarious means, any clean wins he managed to amass were like his inital win flukey by design, and his reigns were relatively short also. This culminated in his loss at Survivor Series to Cena, which was essentially meaningless as his reign had not managed to build any sort of prestige, and with a lack of clean wins, left Jericho looking like a second rate champ.

I'm not suggesting he should have been given the Cena style Superman push, but he needed to be given something to establish him as a valid champion, this didn't happen. I think one of the main problems is the WWE writers who have their background in soap operas rather than wrestling, and clearly seem to think that as a heel, he needs to cheat to win all the time, when this is just not the case. You only have to look at Ring of Honor to see a great heel champion. Nigel McGuinness is one of the guys in the RoH locker room most capable of garnering heel heat, yet he also manages to win most of his matches cleanly, which has helped cement his reputation in the company, WWE should take note.

Jericho was booked poorly, but he wasn't the first, his predecessor CM Punk received an equally poorly booked title reign, and i think it's about time WWE took a good hard look at the way they are booking a lot of their talent. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Chris Jericho Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho   Chris Jericho EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 4:24 pm

My main problem with Jericho is he seems to be getting booked to be an 'opportunist' heel

The WWE already have this type of heel main eventing, and while its on another show I don't think its productive to have much of the same even on different brands.

Chris Jericho is one of the most talented guys in Pro Wrestling and the way he has altered his character and completely revamped his appearance as well is testimont to how hard and how well he works, I fully believe he will have another world title run within a year, don't know if it will be on RAW or SmackDown! however I think he will finally get a fitting run, I think though that he may only get that big run as a face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Chris Jericho Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho   Chris Jericho EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 8:45 pm

Hmm I think you might be right about him needing to be a face in order to receive the title run he deserves. WWE definitely has trouble booking heel champions lately, although CM Punk had a poor reign despite being a face. While I would love to see Jericho get a proper title run, I would prefer him to receive it as a heel, as I think he is so much better in that role.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chris Jericho Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Jericho   Chris Jericho Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Jericho
Page 1 of 1