Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Best recent repackaging in the WWE??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? Empty
PostSubject: Best recent repackaging in the WWE??   Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 2:33 pm

Stolen from another board

"The Gold Standard" Shelton Benjamin (4 votes, 3.7%)
"Chameleon" Charlie Haas (7 votes, 6.4%)
"The" Brian Kendrick (53 votes, 49%)
the very serios Crhis Jericho (30 votes, 27.7%)
"Kung" Funaki (11 votes, 10.1%)
"Pop-up window" Gregory "Hurricane" Helms

No vote, or poll, just a topic for discussion
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Best recent repackaging in the WWE??   Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 2:37 pm

yeah kendricks transformation is second to none. worst repacking bieng punk from world champion till tag champion in weeks
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best recent repackaging in the WWE??   Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 2:58 pm

CM Punk has not been repackaged, he is still the same character he was when he won the MITB at WrestleMania, his progress was rapid and unexpected, now having in my opinion proven he can do it at that level the WWE are taking a break on him just now and allowing him to build a feud that will in the long run be a main event feud (Di Biase springs to mind)

You can't push and push and push guys all the time, with Cena and Orton back, Jericho and Batista around as well as Shawn Michaels always available for a big match in the main event then Punk needs to bide his time, he has done more than enough in my opinion though to convince me
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best recent repackaging in the WWE??   Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 3:00 pm

I would also go with Chris Jericho, While I am really getting into Kendricks character, Jericho has transformed himself completely, while I liked his old character (who couldn't?) I felt it was going nowhere, he could have done a Triple H and just been happy to stay as he was knowing he would be forever over, but he decided to start from scratch and is now in my opinion the best guy to watch on any WWE show
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Best recent repackaging in the WWE??   Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Chris Jericho for me, the switch from his charasmatic face, to this evil heel has been great, the fact he is WHC (twice) so shortly after the heel turn shows how great this character is, fair play to Shawn Micheals tho for helping getting Jericho over as a heel, couldn't have picked a better opponent than him, tho im sure Jericho could work well with anyone
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best recent repackaging in the WWE??   Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 5:17 pm

I agree with you on that sentiment, Chris Jericho knows the psychology of wrestling as good as anyone in the business in the ring, however he was at a stage where people loved him, not many opponents could have given the fans a sense to boo him apart from Michael's.

The interesting thing in all of this is though, Chris Jericho has told the truth the entire way through this change, his entire feud with Michael's was all about Michaels lying to the fans and to his opponents and killing the career of Ric Flair, a guy everyone seemed to love for one reason or another, Jericho never really did much wrong in all of this, that's what makes Jericho's turn so good in my opinion, he had very little to work with yet he managed to turn it full circle
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Best recent repackaging in the WWE??   Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 5:55 pm

My vote goes to Brian Kendrick.

He was never my favourite in Londrick and I thought WWE felt the same. I expected him to be released within a few weeks after the break up. But no, it was the other way round. I didn't like the way they went around with the turn, seemed lazy on WWEs part, but I am loving what he has going and atm is one of the most entertaining things on WWE.

Next is Chris Jericho, but you've already said the reasons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best recent repackaging in the WWE??   Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 6:09 pm

I too am enjoying THE Brian Kendrick, he has the look and with Ezikiel Jackson by his side he has someone who could get him the win and not make it look so out of his reach.

I am enjoying the slow build up of Kendrick, a run with the US title after Benjamin turns face and a good long programme would be very entertaining in my opinion, both could swap the title a couple of times before Mania failing that a long programme with Matt Hardy where both swap the ECW title until Bourne comes back would be entertaining
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Best recent repackaging in the WWE??   Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 6:11 pm

I will go through all of the superstars at the beginning of the article.

Shelton "Gold Standard" Benjamin. While this hasn't been a total transformation (he is still mentioned by the commentators as an All American, athletically gifted etc), his heel turn has done himself the world of good. His matches are always half decent and he has expanded his moveset using more power based moves while still keeping his high flying traits.
He reminds me a little of Mr Perfect in the way in which he is so confident and knows he is good, not just because everyone is saying it. His US title reign has been a bit of a disappointment but I am beginning to like his feud with R Truth.

Charlie Haas. His transformation has surprising to say the least. At the start of the year, he was a heel who jobbed on Heat most nights and got no reaction whatsoever from the crowd. He then began using this stupid mask gimmick where whenever he put his mask on, he got fired up. However, this still resulted in him staying on Heat, receiving no heat.
Now fast forward to the present day and he is now appearing on RAW every week, is over with the fans (well, whoever he is impersonating is) and although he still jobs most weeks, he is getting TV time which is always good. Although I think his gimmick will eventually begin to get stale, I think by that time, he will be over enough to stay on RAW just being Charlie Haas and competing for the IC title.

The Brian Kendrick. Now this transformation is similar to Haas in many ways. For example, for most of this year, Kendrick was a face with no personality on Heat most weeks teaming with Paul London and jobbing to new and present tag teams. When he eventually did appear on RAW, he either jobbed again and beat the Highlanders. Rolling Eyes
Now he is part of the high mid card on Smackdown as a cocky heel who recieves a lot of heat and was recently part of a WWE Championship match at a PPV, even becoming "interim" WWE Champion for a few minutes. Now, if you said that Brian Kendrick would be part of a match at a PPV for arguably the biggest prize in this business, you would have sounded like a fool. Now that he has achieved that, it shows you just how far he has come.

Like Gaffer said, Jericho was always over with the fans as a funny face, the joker on RAW and when he returned to "save us", it looked like that would continue from the night he returned with the mockery of then WWE Champion Orton. However, after a few months in the mid card, Jericho decided to re-invent himself as a cold, callous heel who claimed rightfully that a fan favourite in HBK was a liar and a cheat. He immediately got heat for this and it all culminated at the Great American Bash when it seemed as if (kayfabe) he had ended the career of HBK. Now, to go from a joker face stuck in the mid card to a mean heel world champion in the space of a few months just shows you how good Jericho is.
And Vince has the cheek to blame Jericho for RAW's poor ratings. Excuse me Vince, if you didn't hand Batista the WHC yet again just to keep him happy, maybe your ratings would have improved!

I can't really comment on Kung Fu Naki because I haven't seen him since he started this new gimmick however if it gets people talking about a man who has been jobbing on Smackdown for the past few years, it must be good.

And finally, Hurricane Helms. I like the way WWE are building up to his return and not just throwing him into a match straight away. You have to remember that he has been out with a serious neck injury for over a year and even if some of the fans do remember who he is, they wouldn't care about him. It looks to me as if he is going to become a new version of the old Jericho if you know what I mean. I also think he will return with a feud against MVP.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Best recent repackaging in the WWE??   Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 6:44 pm

The only problem I see with THE Brian Kendrick's new gimmick is Ezekial. I like him now, as just a bodyguard character, and I have to say I think he will split from him in the next 2 years.

But I think WWE may prefer Ezekial to Kendrick and once they split up, forget all about Kendrick, so the best thing to do would be to have another bodyguard come into the picture for Kendrick to keep the gimmick going.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best recent repackaging in the WWE??   Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 7:03 pm

2years taking th piss out o

What kind of statement is that????????

Thats hardly ground breaking is it,
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Best recent repackaging in the WWE??   Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 7:06 pm

Maybe not that long time, I meant in between now and 2010, and I have just realised we are at the very end of 2008 taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best recent repackaging in the WWE??   Best recent repackaging in the WWE?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best recent repackaging in the WWE??
Page 1 of 1