Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Ring Of Honor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Ring Of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Ring Of Honor   Ring Of Honor EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 9:59 pm

Anybody on here watch it ?

Ive seen a few on and off but  someone I work with really rates it and NJPW as his favourite wrestling shows and WWE have nothing on them. So he has been talking about how good ROH has been since Cody has joined them and the shows they have been putting on.

So these past two months when ive been downloading Raw ive also been downloading ROH and watching them and I have been enjoying the programme a lot and I like the feel to it kinda reminds me of WCW when I use to watch it as a kid.

They have a lot of very good wrestlers as well the shows not that long has 2 segments and 3 matches each week only 40/45 mins long  each week I also am enjoying it a lot more than WWE they have better story lines and not the same matches on every week.

Also before I stopped watching TNA 3/4 years ago Daniels and Kaz were a brilliant tag team and now they are in ROH they probably one of the best Tag teams in wrestling Kaz is a great wrestler too his match with Rhodes was great too.

If the stars keep walking from WWE can see them ending up here and it becoming bigger and better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Ring Of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring Of Honor   Ring Of Honor EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 12:56 pm

Where are you watching it, Bosch? I used to watch RoH way back, but kinda knocked it on the head when life got more important with kids and the wife and such! I'd be interested to get back into it, always good to watch stuff that's not WWE.

Although aside from Cody, I don't think I could name another member of their roster - apart from Jay Lethal? Is he still doing it?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Ring Of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring Of Honor   Ring Of Honor EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Has Cody got a championship ring? That's all I've heard lately. How does that work on a tv product, like here's the big champ, but you can't see that he is unless you zoom right in on his hand.

I'm wondering if that was his "creative idea" WWE refused to do because they saw it as only something to get him what he wanted, when he insisted it would benefit the whole company and anyone he works with.

It might not be, but I imagine that he'd have to have tried his creative stuff by now, whatever it was.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Ring Of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring Of Honor   Ring Of Honor EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 3:05 pm

It's quite a clever idea though, even if you do lose the visual of the champ holding a belt aloft. Ties in nicely with the NFL, I guess, to give out rings rather than a medal.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Ring Of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring Of Honor   Ring Of Honor EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 3:37 pm

At first I thought that, but he's one guy, not a team. Teams can't share the super bowl so have individual keepsakes. Same as the FA Cup you get medals. You are infinitely more important as a singles athlete, therefore in tennis, snooker or whatever you get the big trophy, in combat sporrs you get a large trophy or a traditional championship belt (belts are for trousers, damnit!)

If a really cocky tag team did it, then maybe. Especially if it's a freebird rules team. Or if the whole of bullet club had rings to supplement cody's large title then it could be cool. Like when one wins we are ALL rewarded. If they commission them themselves or forced the federation to do so they could even refuse to hand them in once the title is gone. I'm just riffing kayfabe ideas now though lol.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Ring Of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring Of Honor   Ring Of Honor EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 10:02 am

Grecian wrote:
Where are you watching it, Bosch? I used to watch RoH way back, but kinda knocked it on the head when life got more important with kids and the wife and such! I'd be interested to get back into it, always good to watch stuff that's not WWE.

Although aside from Cody, I don't think I could name another member of their roster - apart from Jay Lethal? Is he still doing it?

Cos I download my shows as don't have sky sports its available to download on Tuesdays when I download raw. I could probably get links to the show and post on here if interested ?

They have a few fimilar faces Jay Lethal, Motor city machine guns, Bully Ray, Colt Cabana on commentary, Young Bucks, Daniels And Kaz. Kenny Omega appears every now and then as part of the Bullet club and shares the 6 man tag titles with them.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Ring Of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring Of Honor   Ring Of Honor EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 10:13 am

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
Has Cody got a championship ring? That's all I've heard lately. How does that work on a tv product, like here's the big champ, but you can't see that he is unless you zoom right in on his hand.

I'm wondering if that was his "creative idea" WWE refused to do because they saw it as only something to get him what he wanted, when he insisted it would benefit the whole company and anyone he works with.

It might not be, but I imagine that he'd have to have tried his creative stuff by now, whatever it was.

Yeah they had an issue with the world title makers so they scrapped it and got the ring as they felt Cody could make it work calls it the real ring of honor and to be fair he does make it work he tried to get Minoru Suzuki to kiss the ring he got a lot of heat and Suzuki wouldn't so he backhanded him with it.

I like the start of each fight of Cody holding his hand out to every opponent telling them they have to kiss the ring with the faces refusing love the way he gets mad about it like he's royalty and the other wrestlers should be bowing down kissing the ring The Bullet Club reaction when they don't is great as well.

I think if they didn't do that the whole ring idea wouldn't work I think being on a heel first really gets it over.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Ring Of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring Of Honor   Ring Of Honor EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 6:25 pm

What are the tv show or ppv schedules like for ROH and New Japan?

ROH once weekly on a Monday I guess, from what youve already said. What about New Japan? Do they have a weekly show do you know or is it all specials? Their website is s mindfuck so couldn't work out when they have televised stuff.

Even though the production of New Japan puts me off, they miss capturing moves in every match it seems! I like the bat shit crazy element and wouldn't mind replacing the skipable chunks of WWE with some 'indie trash'
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Ring Of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring Of Honor   Ring Of Honor EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 9:45 am

from my wrestling torrent site I don't think NJPW is on every week as I just download when available. ROH is on every sunday but always uploaded to download on Tuesday morning as for their PPVs they have only had 8 last year and 2 already this year one was war with NJPW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ring Of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring Of Honor   Ring Of Honor Empty

Back to top Go down

Ring Of Honor
Page 1 of 1