Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Am I a true Wrestling fan?

Go down 
+2
boschbourne06
Mackem
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Am I a true Wrestling fan?  Empty
PostSubject: Am I a true Wrestling fan?    Am I a true Wrestling fan?  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:57 am

Over the past few years since joining this forum I've learned a hell of a lot more regarding wrestling. I only joined this forum so I could watch WWE PPV's free as I couldn't afford to pay box office prices.

I've been watching WWF/E for over 20 years (one of my first memories of wrestling is Wrestlemania 6 Hulk Hogan v Ultimate Warrior) so I thought I was pretty educated. I didn't have a clue about any of the background of wrestling ie:- The Kliq, Montreol Screwjob (only when they mentioned it on TV I researched it) etc. Then TNA came into town. It was a good few year before I started watching it. Now i'm a regular viewer of it. That is pretty much my wrestling viewing.

Sinice the Survivor Series i've been thinking about this a lot. Am I a true Wrestling Fan? When those 3 guys came out in the Triple Threat match, I didn't have a clue who they were, but everyone else on here did. Clearly you are all well educated on the Indies and RoH. I'm not - and to be honest I probably never will. I'd say i'm pretty old school. Even though all the shows are posted on this site, I wont watch them. I wont look up wrestlers that have been mentioned on here that I havent heard of. This is the only wrestling website I go on just incase I see spoilers. I avoid the wrestling section (most of the time) when I havent watched an event. I enjy it more that way.

You guys mention that RoH and some Indy guys are great, but when I see them, I think am I missing something? Daniel Bryan is a prime example. Apparently he was the best think in RoH. He came to WWE and I thought what is all the fuss about? There is nothing there that makes me want to watch his matches. NxT is a good idea just to get people to notice the new guys coming through. I used to watch that but even thats not on in the same time each week.

I'm left just reading the threads about indy guys. Even thought all these guys are coming through, unless they are on TV I wont have a clue who they are. I'm pretty stubborn too. I'm not going to go and start watching RoH and read up on superstars on the internet. I like to sit on the sofa and watch wrestling on my TV. Does that make me not a true wrestling fan?
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Am I a true Wrestling fan?    Am I a true Wrestling fan?  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:30 am

Yes, you are a true fan - you like WWE, and that's cool.

It's a bit like being a football fan. I know a hell of a lot about League 2, follow a couple of other teams for various reasons (Villa, Bristol City amongst them) but couldn't tell you anything about League 1, Spain, Italy, France, Germany...

I don't watch TNA any more, don't watch as much RoH as I used to (having a kid has kyboshed a lot of that!), but through reading various bits, a mate who works for FSM magazine and is obssessed with wrestling, I hear names and look them up.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Am I a true Wrestling fan?    Am I a true Wrestling fan?  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:46 am

To be honest with you Mackem i originally joined this site for the same reason to watch the PPV's and also the shows cos at the time didnt have sky to watch them, i also wasnt that into wrestling at the time just watched it when i was bored on my PS3.

However this site got me back into it and then i started to learn the basic terms like babyface and heel, which i didnt have a clue what they were when i was watching wrestling.

But the 3 guys at SS i only new cos of Nxt otherwise i wouldnt have a clue who they were. I also am like you i only watch TNA And WWE. I dont watch the other shows like ROH or other Indy shows.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Am I a true Wrestling fan?    Am I a true Wrestling fan?  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Grec I agree I don't take as much notice now I have Mini Mack. I fast forward through most parts.

Regarding RoH and Indy shows. I'd love to watch them but because they are not on TV I don't bother looking them up. I know I have easy ccess via the interne but it's such a clart on. Even if they put them on a channel that isnt watched as much (ie channel 5 or CBS Action) in the middle of the night. At least we could record it.

I sometimes look on wikipedia (no the best site I know) just to see if I recognise guys like Rollins and Chris Hero.

Here is the best bit. I have just found out Shawn Michaels isn't really called Shawn Michaels! I honestly thought that was his name! Yep, I'm a true wrestling fan.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Am I a true Wrestling fan?    Am I a true Wrestling fan?  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:50 am

Youtube is really good for watching guys you haven't seen much of. that's where i saw Kevin Steen for the first time - he plays an awesome psycho!

Incidentally, I'm getting my little girl to watch. She boo's Cena, does the 'yes!' chant when she sees Daniel Bryan (I have this one recorded, if there's a way to upload video's from a mobile phone) and this week started copying Sheamus' arms out pose when he first comes out.

I have never been so proud.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Am I a true Wrestling fan?    Am I a true Wrestling fan?  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:14 pm

I only watch Raw and the WWE PPVS, and sometimes i watch TNA.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Am I a true Wrestling fan?    Am I a true Wrestling fan?  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Grecian wrote:
Youtube is really good for watching guys you haven't seen much of. that's where i saw Kevin Steen for the first time - he plays an awesome psycho!

Incidentally, I'm getting my little girl to watch. She boo's Cena, does the 'yes!' chant when she sees Daniel Bryan (I have this one recorded, if there's a way to upload video's from a mobile phone) and this week started copying Sheamus' arms out pose when he first comes out.

I have never been so proud.

Awesome! The closest thing Mini Mack does is Woo Woo Woo!

Again, never heard of Kevin Steen.
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

PostSubject: Re: Am I a true Wrestling fan?    Am I a true Wrestling fan?  EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Of course you are a true wrestling fan, you watch it, enjoy it and discuss it. End of. Just because some people watch a different or wider product base is irrelevent.

Having not heard of someone doesn't matter, for instance I am a football fan but other than the team I support I expect every club will have players I haven't heard of even the top 6 or so.

Check out Steen v Michael Elgin at ROH glory by honor in October if you can find it - awesome match.

Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Am I a true Wrestling fan?    Am I a true Wrestling fan?  EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:09 am

To be honest with you Mackem I used to watch a lot more wrestling than I do now. When I was a student I used to try to watch pretty much everything that was out there and that's where I got familiar with a lot of indy guys. The only reason I'm a huge fan of Sami Callihan is because I saw a few of his matches online, bought his DVD and then went to see him wrestle live. I just don't have the time anymore, if I actually watch Raw it's been an odd week so I find myself keeping up with wrestling through here and through podcasts.

To actually address your question though; being a wrestling fan isn't about knowing everything about everyone or watching all the wrestling you can. If you say you like films it doesn't mean you watch every film you can. I think you are actually in a privileged position with Rollins and Ambrose debuting in WWE because for a lot of 'internet fans' (and I'll include myself in this) we have preconceived ideas as to what these guys are good at and how they should be used. You can sit back and watch it play out and at the end give some honest opinions about how good they are and I for one am looking forward to hearing that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I a true Wrestling fan?    Am I a true Wrestling fan?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I a true Wrestling fan?
Page 1 of 1