Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)

Go down 
+6
mrtc2003
thegunman84
dwindow
Saint Jimmy
randy-poffo
JacMan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) Empty
PostSubject: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:45 pm

In my opinion 2010 has been a bad year for WWE. This is why:

1. TNA

On Jan 4th, Bret Hart returned to WWE for the first time in 13 years. Now even though he was before my time, I knew how big a star he was in pro wrestling. Now as WWE advertised his return to coincide with Jan 4th Impact, Raw expected to blow TNA out of the water with at least a 4.0 rating. This however didnt happen with TNA scoring a 1.5, stealing around 1.5 million raw viewers. Even though TNA are now back to Thursdays, the first Raw of the year promised a great show, as a product and as rating yet it delivered neither and this has been a frequent trend from Raw in 2010.

2. Consistency

WWE has not put out a great product so far this year that has remained constant for a lengthy period whereas last year, Smackdown was awesome due to the Punk/Hardy, Rey/Jericho, Jericho/Edge Tag Team and Punk/Taker feuds. This year SD has verged on being awful with Swagger being relegated to midcard status and winning Money in the Bank and the World Title to not appearing on Summerslam within a month.

3. The Loss of Main Eventers

Probably the biggest reason why WWE has struggled this year. With HBK and Batista being retired by May. That was a loss of 2 main eventers which have never been replaced properly, mainly due to fact WWE dropped the ball with Swagger, Drew McIntyre and Kofi Kingston. Also injuries such as Taker and HHH have not helped matters and with the departure of Jericho now after being beaten at NOC, that has left 5 main eventers out of action for the year. This has meant Orton, Cena, Sheamus and Edge are the only legit main eventers that have been fit all year, as they are all on Raw it has left SD in need of main event talent, not easy when CM Punk cannot buy a win on PPV.

4. PPV's

The pay per views have been very ordinary. Barring Wrestlemania and Elimination Chamber and possibly Money In the Bank, standards have dropped from 2009 which had great PPV's such as No Way Out, Backlash, Judgment Day, Extreme Rules, Bragging Rights.

Anyway this is just my opinion, I wonder what everyone else has thought of WWE in 2010.
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:54 pm

The WWE is and has been absolutly awful for a while now,the creative department on raw in particular has been non exsitant,instead of writing good storyline's,there have through together a cluster fuck of the top stars hoping to make it work.

Even last night they have seemed to have rushed the belt on randy orton with bullshit superhuman rko after rko every week.
They should have waited at least till the rumble to have put the belt on him,it would have been even better if he got it at mania.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:10 pm

The ending to the show last night was very underwhelming with Orton and the whole show last night just represented how WWE has been all year really.

Was a pritty bad show with only one really good match on the whole show the Danielson match
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Yeah it's been a tough year but then it's WWEs fault for not creating legitamate talent to fill the holes and that's why this year they have pushed mor young wretlers as they foresee the depeartures of HHH and Taker
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:21 pm

I hadn't watched WWE for most of last year and started watching again around June. I have now stopped only a few months later because it has gotten to the point that I can't bear to watch it anymore.

RAW is just utter shit week in week out, usually there isn't even one thing on the show that seems like it was worth my time watching. Smackdown on the other hand put on some decent matches, but on the whole the show is incredibly boring, so much so that I usually find myself falling asleep about halfway into it.

I think too many people have been blaming WWEs poor year on the PG rating though, concincing themselves that if they could show blood and say ass then the show would be great again. Unfortunately the problem isn't the rating, it is the poor quality of the writing of the shows. The failed Hollywood script writers that Vince has filled his booking office with over the last decade has been to the absolute detriment of the product.
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:50 pm

I'd agree that it's been an inconsistant year but I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say that it's been bad. There have certainly been some missed opportunities (Swagger, Nexus, CM Punk etc). But there are some bright spots too. Sheamus, I believe, has grown into his main event status, it looks like they are about to pull the trigger on The Miz's main event push and both Wade Barrett and Daniel Bryan look like they have good potential for the future.

As for the guys that have left: I don't partiularly miss either Michaels or Triple H. Nor do I particulary miss Batista though it's a pity he didn't stay longer because I did want to see more of his heel persona.

REgarding the PPVs (which are more or less all I watch of WWE) I think the year started badly but picked up around the time of Money in the Bank. I thought that Night of Champions was another step in the right direction. Most of the matches were, I thought fairly decent and, by and large, delivered the right results.

There's still a few months to go before the end of the year so I'm going to wait and see what they do in the next few months and see how they start building for Wrestlemania (which they really need to start around November) before I write off this year as a bad one.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:56 pm

Guns you're spot on about SmackDown! they have everything you'd want on the show but the whole package is just pure boring, its presented as RAW-lite, the segments are boring, the commentary is boring (although I like Striker) and the matches seem to be very one paced

Christian, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger and MVP should be tearing that place down since their is only one truly big star on the show The Undertaker and he barely works, this year should have been one of the most exciting on SD! due to how fresh everything could have been
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:48 am

Raw is awful, and has been for a few months (although I have recorded last nights to watch later), to the point where I can barely watch it.

WWE does have potential, and Sheamus winning the 6 pack challenge could have done wonders for him. I thought WWE would hold off putting the strap on Orton until Mania 27 (although with the teases, Cena vs Orton is my tip to be the Raw headline match), but I can see why they rushed it onto him - at the moment, he's the most over person in the company.

Things I currently like about the WWE:

Alberto Del Rio
CM Punk (despite not winning)
Kane being re-established as a true monster heel
Wade Barrett
Matt Stryker's puns on commentary (anyone else notice his 'low-key' comment about Kaval?)

Things I'm not so keen on:

taking the tag belts off the Hart Dynasty, and throwing them on yet another thrown together tag team
Raw in general
NXT
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 12:55 pm

I can see why Orton won, he is without doubt the best built guy on RAW over the last few months, plus HHH is coming back soon and will want revenge on Sheamus, he can't get full revenge on him without beating him cleanly and if he did that then he would win the title, even HHH knows he can't win the title in his comeback feud, only Cena and Taker can get away with that and even Taker is pushing it
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:52 pm

I thought they'd hold off on giving Orton the strap at the moment, I could see them booking it so whoever he was feuding with kept screwing him out of the win / No 1 Contendership, and then put it on him at Mania next year, for that classic babyface moment.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:08 pm

I can see what you mean, I expected Orton to win it at Mania too and he probably still might, this could just be a test run to see how he draws and sells as the Champ so they can turn Cena but since Sheamus was the champ I couldn't see anyone else taking it off him other than Cena due to HHH coming back, now if they just had HHH come back and keep him away from Sheamus then he could keep the title but I think HHH will want to extract his revenge on Sheamus for putting him out of action.

I also read another point someone said and I agree with, Orton couldn't lose another PPV Title match
Back to top Go down
adingoatemybaby
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
adingoatemybaby

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:45 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Guns you're spot on about SmackDown! they have everything you'd want on the show but the whole package is just pure boring, its presented as RAW-lite, the segments are boring, the commentary is boring (although I like Striker) and the matches seem to be very one paced

Christian, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger and MVP should be tearing that place down since their is only one truly big star on the show The Undertaker and he barely works, this year should have been one of the most exciting on SD! due to how fresh everything could have been

Yeah smackdown is cryin out for someone just to run with the ball. The only person that I'm half way interested in at the moment is the new lad Alberto del Rio. He seems like he has the whole package. Lets be fair Taker is done for. The next year for him is going to be as painful as watchin Sting in TNA. Just leave FFS and let the other lads take over.

Christian, Punk, Rio, Swagger..... Smackdown for me has an exciting line up.

The WWE's problem right now is writing. To have 4 incredibly talented guys and not to make a good show is abysmal.

I just watched NOC as well and it really wasnt great. Why take Jericho out so early???! I dont get WWE anymore yet I still cant help watch it!!! argh!
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:39 am

I'm not so sure if it has been a bad year for WWE. With TNA taking a step in the right direction perhaps people expected WWE to raise their game, but instead they have just got on with business as usual.

The Nexus angle has been really good for me. Died down a little in the middle but it has the potential to be huge again.

Punk, Christian, Rio and Swagger are great names on Smackdown but I still feel they are missing another one or two big names. For me, Edge just seems lost on Raw. I'd have him back on Smakdown tomorrow and to have a good fued with Christian.
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:46 pm

After the draft I was really looking forward to watching smackdown.
With wrestlers like cm punk,christain,and swagger as champion there I was expecting some great fueds,With the wwe testing the water for christian,yet the wwe feel the need to put them in the mid card and doing very little with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)   Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad Year for WWE (Contains NOC spoiler)
Page 1 of 1