Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Royal Rumble 1999

Go down 
+3
the-gaffer
Mackem
adingoatemybaby
7 posters
AuthorMessage
adingoatemybaby
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
adingoatemybaby

Number of posts : 103

Royal Rumble 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Royal Rumble 1999   Royal Rumble 1999 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:57 pm

just watched it again. One of my favourite rumbles. The coporation take it home with a mc mahon win.

and foley vs mankind in an I quit.

Those were the times.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Royal Rumble 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 1999   Royal Rumble 1999 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:06 pm

adingoatemybaby wrote:
and foley vs mankind in an I quit.

I'm sure it was The Rock v Mankind Smile

Anyway to the point. It wasn't my favourite Royal Rumble tbh but the storylines in it were great. I do think the PPV after the rumble - St Valentines day masacre was an awesome PPV. One of my favourite of all time.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Royal Rumble 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 1999   Royal Rumble 1999 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:33 pm

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!! FFS
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

Royal Rumble 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 1999   Royal Rumble 1999 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:41 pm

A good rumble but not anywhere near as good as the Rumble a year later
Back to top Go down
adingoatemybaby
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
adingoatemybaby

Number of posts : 103

Royal Rumble 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 1999   Royal Rumble 1999 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:49 pm

haha yeah rock v mankind obviously.

great show though. great show.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Royal Rumble 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 1999   Royal Rumble 1999 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:05 pm

Worth the watch again just for the brutality of the Rock/Mankind match, all the more meaning now since we know that Rock went way over the top

Wasn't a fan of McMahon winning the Rumble at all though
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Royal Rumble 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 1999   Royal Rumble 1999 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:54 am

The-Gaffer™ wrote:

Personally I didn't mind him winning the Rumble as long as he didn't go on to wrestle for the belt at Wrestlemania. I really enjoyed that storyline involving him. Also I didn't realise The Rock went overboard in that match. I thought it was all part of the show - and it made me think wow.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Royal Rumble 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 1999   Royal Rumble 1999 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:19 pm

Mackem wrote:

Personally I didn't mind him winning the Rumble as long as he didn't go on to wrestle for the belt at Wrestlemania. I really enjoyed that storyline involving him. Also I didn't realise The Rock went overboard in that match. I thought it was all part of the show - and it made me think wow.

Yeah, says in Foley's book (probably one of the only genuine wrestling books ever) and he was shitting himself. They planned the chair shots and that but he kept giving him full on cracks, not helped by the fact he could cushion it with his hands. When he as crawling away it was genuine.

Only other person I've seen take chair shots like that was Shamrock, he used to get proper cracked too.
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

Royal Rumble 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 1999   Royal Rumble 1999 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:31 pm

The PPV itself wasn't too bad as I remember but I wasn't too taken with the Rumble match.

The build up to the Rumble had made it pretty clear that it was pretty much a two-horse race and it seemed obvious from the start who the last two men in the ring would be which sort of rendered watching the whole match rather pointless. Plus I seem to remember that there was a lot of backstage stuff going on during the Rumble which detracted from the match.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Royal Rumble 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 1999   Royal Rumble 1999 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:04 am

Mackem wrote:
The-Gaffer™ wrote:

Its in his book and on a DVD, Foley and Rock had agreed on 5 chair shots but I think Rocky nailed him with 11 full on hard head shots, don't think he missed with one of them, all in front of Foleys wife and kids, who you see in the DVD, Foley held a grudge for a while over it

Foley really put Rock on the map though through that program, the exact same thing he did a year later throughout a feud with Triple H
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

Royal Rumble 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 1999   Royal Rumble 1999 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:05 am

The-Gaffer™ wrote:
Mackem wrote:
The-Gaffer™ wrote:

Its in his book and on a DVD, Foley and Rock had agreed on 5 chair shots but I think Rocky nailed him with 11 full on hard head shots, don't think he missed with one of them, all in front of Foleys wife and kids, who you see in the DVD, Foley held a grudge for a while over it

Foley really put Rock on the map though through that program, the exact same thing he did a year later throughout a feud with Triple H
Which he then did again with Edge. Foley makes stars
Back to top Go down
tim157
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Number of posts : 278 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock,Trippe H,Randy orton ,Ultimate Warrior,Randy Savage Macho Man,Scott Steiner,AJ Styles

Royal Rumble 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 1999   Royal Rumble 1999 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:18 am

the rumble is one of my favorite matches when i use to buy 2 ppv a year it was the rumble and wrestlemania i thought they were good picks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Royal Rumble 1999 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rumble 1999   Royal Rumble 1999 Empty

Back to top Go down

Royal Rumble 1999
Page 1 of 1