Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop

Go down 
+8
Worthy
mrtc2003
thegunman84
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
randy-poffo
boschbourne06
Hardcore Waffles
the-gaffer
12 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop Empty
PostSubject: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:31 pm

Quote :
It is being reported that WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon has hereby banned any Ric Flair-style chest chops during matches. Word is that WWE is worried about fans making the "Woooo!" sound whenever the move is done, and the company doesn't want Flair's name mentioned or people thinking about him during WWE shows since Flair is currently with TNA.

taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Country : Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop England-1

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Rolling Eyes
but they're ok with Swagger using the ankle lock while Angle is in TNA? Or Fat Hardy referring to his tag team success while Jeff is at TNA?

Riiight then
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:51 pm

erm .... Figure Four that'll still get the WOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:26 pm

Must admit i was never a big fan of the chops,but to ban them for that reason is just stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Country : Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop Untitl11

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Is there any evidence to support this as it sounds like quite a pathetic thing to do. The chops are hardly promoting TNA, as Waffles said Swagger does the Ankle Lock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:36 pm

randy-poffo wrote:
Must admit i was never a big fan of the chops,but to ban them for that reason is just stupidity.

Totally agree, I hate the chops and I hate all the crappy woo'ing they generate, but to ban it is just laughable
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Just as i'm about to type what do i see,big show chopping cody rhodes to wooooing in the crowd.

I've always seen it as a cheap way to get a crowd reaction.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 12:26 am

Chops are great, especially when done by somebody who really knows how to deliver them, but all the woooing does get annoying after a while. Still, bit of a silly reason to ban a basic strike.
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 7:51 pm

I can't see the ban working really. It's such a basic move that most wrestlers probably use it without thinking. They probably won't realise they're doing it till it's too late and they hear the "Whooo"'s ringing in their ears.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:57 am

I remember watching some program about Justin Lee Collins training to be a wrestler and one of his coaches said "don't let them chop your chest as it can cause cancer" and thats what I thought this was about when I saw this thread title.
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 pm

I'm waiting for Vince to declare that WWE is moving from PG to U and therefore wrestlers aren't allowed to actually have any physical violence.
All disputes are instead dealt with by both guys spending time on the naughty step and then saying sorry to one another and having a cuddle.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:37 am

First I hate the chop, its one of the most useless things in Wrestling, I don't actually care that the move is banned, I care more that its actually an issue in WWE land, you'd think they have more to think about, they have definitely missed a trick though.

Zach Ryder should have done it, he should do it once and let the crowd say WOOOOO then do it twice, let the crowd say WOOOO then do it again and when the crowd say WOOOO he should shout "YOU KNOW IT"
Back to top Go down
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

Country : Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop Ireland

Location : Derry Number of posts : 157 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shane, Bret Hart, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:38 am

That is singularly the best thing I have ever read in all my life.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:05 pm

The-Gaffer™ wrote:
First I hate the chop, its one of the most useless things in Wrestling, I don't actually care that the move is banned, I care more that its actually an issue in WWE land, you'd think they have more to think about, they have definitely missed a trick though.

Zach Ryder should have done it, he should do it once and let the crowd say WOOOOO then do it twice, let the crowd say WOOOO then do it again and when the crowd say WOOOO he should shout "YOU KNOW IT"
If Zach Ryder did that, it may just be enough to make me put my foot through the telly!

Also, how the fuck is a chop useless? A lot of people don't do a chop justice I'll admit, but those who really go for it make it worth seeing.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:00 pm

How the fuck is a chop useless? You answered your own question, no one does them properly, no one in the WWE anyway, they only purposed it served was to get the crowd to do that hidsous "Wooo" droan!

I'd have loved Zach Ryder to do that tho so he could basically shit all over the chop and the Woooo
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:17 pm

So what about the figure 4? Whenever I've seen that lately, the WOOOO thing goes round.

Personally, I always found the woo chants really annoying, especially on the Smackdown vs Raw games. And now that Shawn's gone, was anyone still doing them?
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:28 pm

The-Gaffer™ wrote:
How the fuck is a chop useless? You answered your own question, no one does them properly, no one in the WWE anyway, they only purposed it served was to get the crowd to do that hidsous "Wooo" droan!

I'd have loved Zach Ryder to do that tho so he could basically shit all over the chop and the Woooo
True, I can't really think of anyone off the top of my head that does them right, and I think WWE asked their workers to work less stiff as well a while back which probably contributes to their ineffectiveness. Now if WWE would let somebody go wild and light up somebody's chest like this, I'd be a very happy man. Very Happy

Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop 20080224001

As for Ryder, he's already one of the most irritating guys in wrestling right now without him adding that Grr
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Exactly, thats his whole gimmick though, if he does that then maybe the sheep in the crowd would catch on and stop Wooing at every chop
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:53 pm

There's a difference between having an irritating gimmick and being so irritating that you make people want to change the channel, Ryder is quite clearly the latter, and the sooner he is off my tv the better.

I know what you're saying though, and I suppose it could work to an extent. I can just imagine that a lot of people (other than maybe the 8 year olds) wouldn't even react to anything Ryder does in the first place anyway, but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 4:00 pm

Hmmm, just saw an interesting little bit on this story taken from some wrestling radio show.

Quote :
Finally, Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas cleared up the news circulating about the WWE banning the knife edge chop. Korderas explained that the move has actually been banned for years, back to when Ric Flair was still with the company. Only Flair and Shawn Michaels were allowed to use a knife edged chop - in fact at many events they would post "no chops!" signs at the gorilla position.

I'm sure there's been others that have used it, so not sure how legitimate this is.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:28 pm

I thought Bobcore Holly used to do them all the time as well

Onto Ryder, I think the guy is ultra talented, he is stuck with shit gimmick but that doesn't take away his potential
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:04 pm

Shit gimmick, but I've never really seen much from him wrestling wise either, be it as one of The Major Brothers or a singles wrestler. He's like Ron Killings, a couple of nice moves, but on the whole a below average wrestler who gets way more airtime than he deserves.

And Bobcore probably did do the chops anyway, he was that kinda guy that didn't really give a fuck what he was told to do, he'd do whatever he liked. He got away with worse shit than that, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:00 pm

Quote :
During the Superstars taping, Yoshi Tatsu had a match with Primo where he chopped him numerous times, drawing lackluster "WOOOO!!" calls from the crowd. Knife edge chops have been banned in the WWE for some time now.

Seems like nobody cares what they're being told.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:36 pm

probably because they are so used to doing it they don't think about it whilst in the ring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop   Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Vince McMahon Bans Ric Flair-Type Chest Chop
Page 1 of 1