Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

2 more WWE stars injured?

Go down 
+3
Enhancement talent
Mackem
hodge13
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

2 more WWE stars injured? Empty
PostSubject: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:06 am

Indications from last night's WWE house shows are that several WWE stars could have sustained injuries:

-- During last night's SmackDown house show in Portland, Cody Rhodes apparently took a bad bump as a result of a double back suplex, courtesy of Kofi Kingston and Matt Hardy. The second generation wrestler would continue the match a few minutes later, but was assisted to the backstage area by medical personnel following its conclusion.

-- Also, Kelly Kelly reportedly suffered an injury at last night's SmackDown house show in Portland, Maine. Facing WWE Women's Champion Layla, she was injured receiving a dropkick to either the back of her shoulder or neck. The bout was prematurely concluded by the referee. The SmackDown! Diva was then assisted to the backstage area by medical personnel

---

If Rhodes is out his dashing gimmick got him a long way. Trust it to be a botch from Coffee Kingston and Fat Hardy
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:50 am

I hope it's not too serious for Rhodes. I think that the 'Dashing' bit was going to be a part of a good story.
Back to top Go down
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

Location : Derry Number of posts : 157 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shane, Bret Hart, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:21 am

"Trust it to be a botch from Coffee Kingston and Fat Hardy"

You know something more than that article?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:32 am

turns out neither were seriously injured.

Orton and Rey Rey have also joined the minor injuries list
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:32 am

Enhancement talent wrote:
"Trust it to be a botch from Coffee Kingston and Fat Hardy"

You know something more than that article?

It says in the article the injury came from a botched suplex from them two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

Location : Derry Number of posts : 157 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shane, Bret Hart, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:33 am

No it doesn't. Nowhere does it say that.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:18 pm

-- During last night's SmackDown house show in Portland, Cody Rhodes apparently took a bad bump as a result of a double back suplex, courtesy of Kofi Kingston and Matt Hardy. The second generation wrestler would continue the match a few minutes later, but was assisted to the backstage area by medical personnel following its conclusion.

--------------------------------------------------------

Almost 100% if he got injured it would have been from that bad bump....
Back to top Go down
Keeno125
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
Keeno125

Location : Scotland Number of posts : 287 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Cm Punk
Christian
Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:26 pm

How could you not see that sentence? Even after saying 'nowhere does it say that' means you must've looked again surely, and you still missed it? Kofi's just lucky Orton wasn't there to react in the worst way possible and make him look silly.
Back to top Go down
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Oh I looked. I still don't see where it says it was botched by Hardy or Kingston...or both.

What you have right there is a third hand account from which the OP jumped to a conclusion and everyone else just followed with that assumption.

From that article, is it possible that

a) the move wasn't botched by hardy or Kingston, but in the taking of the bump by Rhodes?

2) That the move wasnt botched at all by anyone. It just hurt.

that is all I am asking.

Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:44 pm

If it did hurt, it had to be a botch from one of the three involved, otherwise it wouldn't have hurt, it was only a routine move.
Back to top Go down
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:25 pm

A routine move that would still smart a bit no?

So my original point about it not necessarily being the fault of Hardy or Kingston could still be true?
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:33 pm

If it was a bad bump, for a fairly simple move, it means somebody must have done something wrong, so it could have been Cody Rhodes, but it is 2/3 likely to be one of Kofi or Hardy.
Back to top Go down
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:08 pm

What has likely got to do with it?

Either they were responsible or they weren't. That article didn't say they were. It implied it. I would bet that the author of the article didn't see the match. So we are dealing in heresay. Now you want to deal in liklihoods?

if you want to use liklihood, I'll indulge you.

if you agree that Cody could have been at fault and you agree that nobody could be at fault, both Matt or Kofi could have been at fault, or Matt AND Kofi could have been at fault, then of all five possible outcomes, then it is LESS Likely that Matt AND Kofi are at fault than not.

Do you follow that logic?

I realise this is a discussion forum and people are entitled to their opinion but the willingness of folk to apportion blame for something they haven't even seen is quite astounding.

Back to top Go down
Keeno125
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
Keeno125

Location : Scotland Number of posts : 287 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Cm Punk
Christian
Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 4:10 pm

I don't think it's a case of following that logic.

It's known that Kofi and Matt aren't the greatest anyway. And have made mistakes that have almost lead to injury before, ie with Randy Orton in Kofi's case. I'd say in this instance the most likely candidates for causing the injury are Matt and Kofi, that's not to say that they ARE at fault. Just most likely given their history.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 4:21 pm

Since when did Matt Hardy suddenly become known as a botcher? Kofi, yes, he has previous for this.

But Matt?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 4:45 pm

i was going by the logic that as Matt was teaming with Kofi, Kofi's ability to botch moves would infect Matt as well tum de tum

Yeh i kinda assumed it was Matt/Kofi's fault for the injury, in 9/10 cases its usually right that the person doing not recieving the injury is to fault, if not my bad
Back to top Go down
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 4:54 pm

I haven't heard anything bad about Matt's work.

As far as I can work out, it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest the following:

-There was a missed spot in a match where Kofi, Matt and Cody were involved.

-Cody took a sore one BUT worked the rest of the match.

-Some mark reports that Cody could be concussed and its circulated around the internet

-People on here pick up on it and blame Matt/Kofi, despite not knowing what happened.

-Turns out that Cody is fine and the sites that report that he wasn't look a bit silly.

-To cover themselves, the sites that reported a possible concussion wasn't as bad as first thought.

- People on here believe that and still say it was Kofi and/or Matt at fault despite their being absolutely no evidence to suggest this is anything out of the ordinary WHATSOEVER for the life of a professional wrestler. A possibly bungled spot. That happens an awful lot I would imagine. No blame to be apportioned at all.

I think that is the most likely scenario don't you?

Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:05 pm

And why does it matter?
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:17 pm

taking th piss out o why does it matter? youv been arguing youre point for AGES! and then when youre outmsarted leek you say why does it matter

vintage leek
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:28 pm

It matters because this is a discussion forum. It mattered enough for you to misconstrue the text of the main article to suit an agenda that Matt and kofi were sloppy. The facts don't support that.

It mattered enough for you to point out that I was wrong....when I wasn't.

So when/if in 6 months time Kofi botches something people will say, has he got history for this kind of thing?

...yeah. Remember that time when he nearly concussed Cody Rhodes??

Thats right Kofi = sloppy.

He may well be, but this nothing incident has been used as a stick to beat these guys with unnecessarily.

There is nothing wrong in saying that perhaps you called it wrong in the first place.

Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:59 pm

He does have a history of botching things before this, hence why Randy Orton called him 'Stupid' repeatedly on air.

I just don't understand why it matters, you made an irrelevant point, so I assumed you had just missed that sentence, so I copied it to bring it to your attention, I didn't call you stupid, and I wasn't even the one to say it was Matt and Kofi in the first place, but yet you continue to argue something that doesn't matter at all, Cody Rhodes isn't even injured.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: 2 more WWE stars injured?   2 more WWE stars injured? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:03 pm

like how you make another point and then again says it doesnt matter :/.....

If it didnt matter why would you then defend youreself......you know what