Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

How would you rank the rookies?

Go down 
+3
TOwens81
JacMan
the-gaffer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

How would you rank the rookies? Empty
PostSubject: How would you rank the rookies?   How would you rank the rookies? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:26 pm

This week, these are my rankings:

1. Wade Barrett
2. Heath Slater
3. Justin Gabriel
4. Daniel Bryan
5. Darren Young
6. Michael Tarver
7. David Otunga
8. Skip Sheffield

WADE BARRETT takes over my #1 ranking after an impressive showing in last week's 8-man tag match, and a victory this week over the atrocious David Otunga.

HEATH SLATER holds his #2 spot after surprisingly winning the keg competition and putting on a respectable showing against Kane.

JUSTIN GABRIEL moves up one spot after hitting a 450-splash on Kane last Friday on SmackDown! and beating Michael Tarver this week on NXT. That match frustrated me to hell because I want to see Tarver doing better, but results are results.

DANIEL BRYAN drops down to #4 spot after losing to the lowest ranked individual Darren Young quickly and cleanly, but doesn't fall too far thanks to delivering another strong performance on the mic. No mic ability? No charisma? Yeah, right.

DARREN YOUNG, My personal favorite (simply because of the side story with CM Punk), moves up a few spots. He pinned WWE's #1-ranked Daniel Bryan, which has to count for something, so with it is asteady jump up the board.

MICHAEL TARVER gains one spot thanks to a fantastic promo cut this week on NXT. This guy is allegedly the best mic worker on NXT. It's too bad WWE didn't allow him to capitalize in any way, shape, or form after that. This week could've and should've been BIG for Tarver, but yet again, it wasn't. Disappointing as he loses a throwaway match to go with his very bad attempts at keg carrying, they couldn't make this guy look any more of a joke

DAVID OTUNGA gains one spot due to winning the Battle Royal and hosting RAW, not to mention getting himself some heat. It's too bad that he's just flat-out not good at anything.

SKIP SHEFFIELD drops to the pit of the league after a forgettable performance in the Battle Royal and a promo that didn't make sense afterwards. This guy has wrestling ability, but his gimmick seems primed to doom him completely. That being said, after stopping the SKY+ at the exact moment he crossed the line in the Keg Competition the time read 11.8 seconds which storyline permitting would have been enough to take him through
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: How would you rank the rookies?   How would you rank the rookies? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:12 pm

1. Justin Gabriel
2. Wade Barrett
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Heath Slater
5. Skip Sheffield
6. David Otunga
7. Darren Young
8. Michael Tarver

1. Justin Gabriel - Really impressed me as of late. Has good in ring ability and looks to be one for the future, hopefully as he has dropped FCW title is a sign of him being promoted to the roster

2. Wade Barrett - Has the look, has the mic skills and most importantly has a great mentor. He is okay in the ring but I have enjoyed him from the beginning

3. Daniel Bryan - Needs to get the losing streak off his back. It looks stupid if he is 0-6 and is topping the charts in my opinion. The whole show is centred around him and is a great talent no doubt- favourite to win by a distance

4. Heath Slater - I like him aswell for some reason. He comes across as enthusiastic - not a bad attribute - just look at Cena and where he is now currently and look at carlito who is far more talented in my opinion but lacks the enthusiasm.

5. Skip Sheffield - Interested by the sudden change of character, hopefullly he will go and destroy someone next week - an excuse to keep regal on tv for a while longer.

6. David Otunga - Has the look, no doubt about it, poor in ring ability and not impressed by the gimmick - I have been to fanous parties and I am better than you etc

7. Darren Young - I just want to see CM Punk - I dont care about this guy, if him appearing means Punk is on TV, then it gets a thumbs up, but i find him boring

8. Michael Tarver - He's hardly been in the program, looks moody like his mentor and won't last long in the competition or WWE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you rank the rookies?   How would you rank the rookies? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:34 pm

1.wade barret-he is big strong,not bad on the mic and vinnie would love him.also not too bad in the ring for a big guy and i think he will make it big in the E

2.daniel bryan- im loving his fued with mickey cole and its the only time ever cole has been entertaining. i actually lol at some of his comments towards bryan.and they need to get him a win quickly because altough he gets lot of more airtime than most of the rest, he is looking pretty weak imo even if he is ranked at number 1

3.david otunga- jr said that otunga has rock like qualities however i think he is talking out of his arse. otunga is good on the mic and his gimmick is ok however he needs to improve in the ring big time.he is far too stiff looking and can barely move.no doubt he was on the needle juice.for some reason i can see him getting a big push after nxt and i wouldnt mind it because i like him

4. i like this guy however the wwe are making him out to be a joke and i dont think its fair. he is good in the ring from what ive seen in fcw and good on the mic.he seems passionate and he has a great look.he must have pissed someone off backstage too end up like this.

5.justin gabriel- dont mind him he seems good enough and i like his finisher. i keep thinking of another evan bourne when i see him for some reason

6.darren young-i think he is ok and i want him to join the ses. after that i want him to make a tag team with john cena becuse i think he is the black version of cena.he could shave the hair and wear the same t-shirts.just imagine that. it would ruin him but i would like to see it

7.skip sheffield- dont like the name at all and he wont get up to much after this show.he will probably go on a big rampage and all but that will be it i think

8.heath slater- dont really get this guy at all. i hate faces like that that come out all energetic and acting creepy and want to make everyone love him.frankly i cant stand him but he seems to be getting a push but i cant see him doing much after this
Back to top Go down
TOwens81
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
TOwens81

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 4 Favourite Wrestler : Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels
http://members.shaw.ca/wrestling-brent/HartFoundation97.jpg

PostSubject: Re: How would you rank the rookies?   How would you rank the rookies? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:48 am

1. Wade Barrett - Just has the look required & loving the fact he's mentored by Jericho - The best Pro on the show. Jericho's commentary alone 2 weeks ago made him look a star
2. Justin Gabriel - Awesome 450 splash looks the most gifted in-ring performer of the bunch. Potential to be great babyface.
3. David Otonga - Has the look & attitude to be a great cocky heel. Love the 'A List' persona that he's better than the other guys because of his famous wife.
4. Darren Young - Slow start but loving his interaction this week with CM Punk - Hopefully he'll eventually join the SES
5. Heath Slater - Don't really like his gimmick but was impressed with his victory in the keg carrying contest
6. Daniel Bryan - He looks like a decent worker. However anyone who is on the wrong end of a verbal assualt with Michael 'Vintage' Cole doesn't do it for me. The Miz has carried him from minute 1.
7. Michael Tarver - Like the look of this guy, just don't think he's been used right
8. Skip Sheffield - Whats the guy doing on the show? - Why have the given Regal such a useless Rookie, he should of been paired up with R-Truth
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: How would you rank the rookies?   How would you rank the rookies? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:06 am

1 - Wade Barret - looks quality, right gimmick going for him too
2 - Justin Gabriel - decent to have as a babyface, however if signed to a brand i can see him being like Evan Bourne
3 - Daniel Bryan - 0-7 now in NXT but comfortably the best on the show
4 - David Otunga - decent showing on Raw as guest host and his A-list gimmick fits
5 - Darren Young - angle with Punk works well, picking up a few wins
6 - Heath Slater - beaten by Kane on NXT but looks decent enough
7 - Michael Tarver - havn't seen alot of him tbh
8 - Skip Sheffield - just can't seem to take to the guy, seems like he would've been a third member of Cade & Murdoch if around at the same time
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: How would you rank the rookies?   How would you rank the rookies? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:44 am

Genius thread Gman

This is how I think the ranking should be based on their showings and not just my personal favs

1. Wade Barrett
2. Justin Gabriel
3. Heath Slater
4. David Otunga
5. Daniel Bryan
6. Darren Young
7. Skip Sheffield
8.Michael Tarver

Wade Barrett- just Impressive from top to bottom, having Jericho would help anyone, but this guy has something.

Justin Gabriel- Despite his obvious disadvantage of having "the black hole" as his mentor, his spot monkey-ness has actually won me over.

Heath Slater - Dunno why I mark for this guy but I do, what can I say.

David Otunga - Not a fan of this guy by any stretch, but he has mid-card tools I guess.

Daniel Bryan - When all is said and done he will be at the top of the list, his stuff with the Miz has cooled down lately, but right now this is where I think he deserves to be

Darren Young - gets bonus points for his wog and being with punk, other than that, MEH!

Skip Sheffield - Austin wants his vest back, and the fact that you have Big Billy as a mentor and are still uninteresting means you suck

Michael Tarver - Not even gonna bother wasting my time, he is shit.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: How would you rank the rookies?   How would you rank the rookies? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:10 pm

1. David Otunga. I really like this guy. Managed to get himself some decent heat on Raw, looks the part and is by no means the worst wrestler on the show.

2. Wade Barrett. Teaming him with Jericho was a great idea, Jericho is playing his role perfectly. In ring and promos are good, I'm looking for big things from him.

3. Daniel Bryan. been doing well, but really needs a win...

4. Justin Gabriel. As high flyers go, he's pretty good. 450 splash is damned good, makes him stand out too. Difficult to see how he's going to progress though, he looks a bit gay, in honesty...

5. Heath Slater. Okay, at the risk of being really unpopular on here, I can't stand him. He's got a face I just want to slap. Good in-ring though, but always seems on the verge of laughing. Good showing against Kane in his favour, something that becomes more difficult with every year.

6. Skip Sheffield. Bit odd, this one. I just keep waiting for him to fail a Wellness Test.

7. Michael Tarver. Difficult, he's not had a chance to show what he can actually do. I also think his gimmick could work, if he was given a chance to impress.

8. - Darren Young. watched NXT with the wife this week. She actually asked why Cena had blacked himself up. I've not seen anything worthy from this guy at all. Punk totally overshadows him. And I was praying for Punk to shave him on Smackdown.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: How would you rank the rookies?   How would you rank the rookies? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:11 pm

1 - Heath Slater - i have enjoyed this guy more than any other rookie he reminds me alot of Brian Kendrick.

2 - Wade Barret - Looks the part and can play the part also like some one said Jericho has helped him and his character alot.

3 - David Otunga - not the best of wrestlers but he's got the crowd to hate him from one move on Raw i felt he would have to do smething on Raw to stand a chance and he has done.

4 - Daniel Bryan - he has great matches but im getting fed up with the same end up him pulling off amazing matches and cant catch a break he was also made into a star from the start of the 1st episode from the Miz promo and Jericho match. He's the one i see winning and chosing the Miz and beating him for the title he also has the best angle with his Pro.

5 - Darren Young - just because im enjoying the angle with punk and his angle on Smackdown was good.

6 - Justin Gabriel - I just dont like this guy i find he has one thing that makes him different to the others and thats the 450 splash.

7 - Skip Sheffield - Find the guy funny the way he winds up Regal but then again its Regals reactions that make it funny i think this guy isn't a face i feel he do much better as a heel.

8 - Michael Tarver - Like Hodge said you havent seen alot of him think its clear whos going first.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you rank the rookies?   How would you rank the rookies? Empty

Back to top Go down

How would you rank the rookies?
Page 1 of 1