Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Goldberg in negotiations with......

Go down 
+10
CoughSplutter
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!
Mackem
Discopants
macclads
Junior
the-gaffer
Grecian
Worthy
bazz23-v2 ®™
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

Goldberg in negotiations with...... Empty
PostSubject: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:44 am

Quote :
Former WWE and WCW Champion Bill Goldberg, who has not wrestled on the national wrestling scene since his infamous match with Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 20 back in 2004, has announced on Twitter that he's in negotiations with World Wrestling Entertainment:

"YES.. I am in negotiations with the WWE," Goldberg wrote. "Looks like 'ole Hogan and TNA missed the boat. Shame for the fans they didn't even try."

Goldberg has stated repeatedly during interviews that he has no interest in getting back in the ring, but has had a change of heart and "the door is open again."

"Truth is I never thought I'd even consider it...then came my son," Goldberg said. "No one said I'd wrestle but the door is open again. Also.... If I ever did step in the ring again, I have a new tag partner. He goes by the name of "Lights Out!!!! the one and only Shawn Merriman.....updating the old Goldberg/Kevin Greene duo.

BS tum de tum
Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:01 am

Quote :
"Looks like 'ole Hogan and TNA missed the boat. Shame for the fans they didn't even try."

Is this the same Goldberg who has slagged TNA off on many occassions (most notebly when they signed Pac-Man Jones), so why is he supprised that TNA did not call him?

Personally I think Goldberg is over-rated and it was WCW who made him look good.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:18 am

I agree with you, never been a fan of Goldberg WAAAAY overrated.

I see this being one of those legends deals he's negotiating or a DVD thing and not one to return to the ring........hopefully
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Hall of Fame next year, most likely.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:26 pm

it was eported last week that the deal wasn't for in ring returns but to use his image and name ect in games/DVD's and toys

I liked Goldberg, he was a big imposing mobile monster of a guy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:31 pm

rather see the fucking highlanders back than him to be honest Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Goldberg in negotiations with...... UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 1:31 pm

I was never a huge fan but this morning I watched back on the Chamber match at Summerslam 03 where he just destroyed Orton, HBK and Jericho, he doesn't half pull off the unstoppable force.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:44 pm

That's the only WWE match where he was booked right, that Elimination Chamber. Looked awesome in it.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Wrestlemania 27-Golberg Vs Bret Hart affraid
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Goldberg is only 43, still in great shape and hasn't destroyed his body from years and years of Pro Wrestling, he would still be an epic guy to have on RAW or iMPACT!

WM27 Goldberg vs John Cena would bring the house down
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 5:03 pm

The matches ive seen of him, he was just a powerhouse destroying everyone. I think he might be an alright wrestler but we will not see it beause of his power and history ofdestroying everyone in sight
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

All Time: Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Sabu & Scott Hall

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:55 pm

I may watch WWE again to see Goldberg. He was one of the biggest names in the business, at the height of his powers, when I first watched wrestling. Only problem with him is you can only really book him in one way. Destroying people, left, right and centre. Which then makes most of your roster look pretty bad, but I'd be glad to see him back. If he did return in the ring.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:05 pm

The really clever thing about Goldberg was that he remained a face character nearly all the way through his run. That's really really impressive considering he was just a big, strong bastard. Very few men of that stature get booked in that way.

But, I still can't stand him, he hates wrestling and it shows. I'd rather people like him and The Rock stayed gone.
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
Vince calls you realising his mistake
Vince calls you realising his mistake
CoughSplutter

Number of posts : 1538 Favourite Wrestler : Tna - Jeff Jarrett, Mr Anderson, The Pope, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Goldberg would be good for the WWE to have but I cant really see him being one of the big stars of the company because, as Discopants refered to, he cant be bothered with wrestling anymore. I read that on Wrestlezone a few weeks back so I was surprised he is now in negotaitions with the E.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:00 am

I actually loved his match at WM20 with Brock, the Psychology in the match itself as brilliant, all the sizing each other up and stuff, two big badass guys who simply refused to let the other one get the upper hand, very very interesting watch
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:08 am

Thing that amazed me in that match was them two getting stunners, why would you let that happen when its your last match? Just have someone completely go over you.

Suppose they both really did want to keep the door open.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:06 am

The following is a new tweet from the official Twitter page of Bill Goldberg:

"BTW..my desire to return to the wrestling world in any capacity is based on the fact that if I continue to let my issues with the business......stand in the way, I'd be very selfish. Times have changed and I don't work for people anymore.....I work with them. I control my destiny."
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:07 am

WWE Hall Of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin was recently a guest on The BJ Shea Morning Experience on KISW.com. When asked about the Bill Goldberg comment about wanting one more match against Austin in WWE, "Stone Cold" responded with the following:

"You know that would be fun working with Bill. I’ve always liked Bill and gotten along with him. I haven’t talked to him in quite sometime, he’s a good guy. But no for me, I’m going to leave well enough alone, I rode off into the sunset and my health is good right now. I have another couple of matches left in my body but I won’t choose to exercise those matches."

Austin continued:

"I don’t want to go out there and be 90-95% of what Stone Cold Steve Austin was because I’m not going to sack and do it all, but I could be close, but that’s not good enough and there’s really no point in it. It’s not going to take me any farther in my acting career so it would be all for naught. I love my fans, I love that business, but I want to be remembered for what I was not for what I ended up being."
Back to top Go down
mattbased
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
mattbased

Number of posts : 232 Favourite Wrestler : WWE - HBK,CM punk,Christian,Edge and Chris Jericho TNA - Pope, Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Good comments for Austin I wish more wrestlers had that attitude.
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:17 pm

I hope Goldberg doesn't come bak. I've never ever rated him. He was given a MASSIVE undefeated streak gimmick and because of that he thinks he's great. WWE need to create new headliners, not go back to old ones.

On the Austin notes there it looks like he's completel done with his in ring career now. Which is good, he could easily comeback and take a huge cheque for working a mach which could be crap compared to what he used to be able to do. Fair play to him although it would be awesome if he could have one last run, it looks very unlikely
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Goldberg Gives Another Reason Why He May Return To WWE

"BTW..my desire to return to the wrestling world in any capacity is based on the fact that if I continue to let my issues with the business......stand in the way, I'd be very selfish. Times have changed and I don't work for people anymore.....I work with them. I control my destiny."
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 10:47 pm

jckbluenose12 wrote:
Goldberg Gives Another Reason Why He May Return To WWE

Roughly translated:

Yeah, I'm running out of cash, and that Vince McMahon - nice guy. Always liked him. Please employ me.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 10:51 pm

is it wrong i would like to see Batista Vs Goldberg ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 10:59 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:

Yes it is! Very wrong!!!
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:07 pm

shroom_v1 wrote:
boschbourne06 wrote:

Yes it is! Very wrong!!!

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goldberg in negotiations with......   Goldberg in negotiations with...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Goldberg in negotiations with......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next