Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

WWE Tag Division

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
King Latifah
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
King Latifah

Location : Dublin Number of posts : 17 Favourite Wrestler : Kirk Angel is probably my all time favorite! But others I like include Edge, Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, Rock (as a heel only), Chris Benoit, Paul London, Lance Storm & Christian!

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:36 pm

We all know the Tag Team Division is struggling at the moment with the current emphasis of WWE wrestling based on singles action. If they don't focus on this part it could soon become defunct like has happened with the Cruiserweight Championship. Here's how I Think they could improve the Tag Division.

We start off with a general feud between the Champions and Challengers (I'll use the current rivalry as an example). ShowMiz v R-Truth & John Morrison have their match at WrestleMania and the Challengers come out victorious. the following night on Raw ShowMiz use their rematch clause in their contract and a match is announced for the next week on Raw. ShowMiz come out victorious on this occasion and have reclaimed their titles.

With the two teams level at one win apiece a match is announced for Extreme Rules and the stipulation is a Ladder match. The ladder match is a closely fought battle which ends with former partners Miz & Morrison standing on top of the ladder punching each other senseless until Morrison makes a grab for the belts. Miz doesn't want to be shown up by the guy that, according to his NXT rookie Daniel Bryan "Carried him", makes a desperate attempt for the belts himself. Both men come out of the battle with a belt each and nobody knows what the result is.

Vince comes down after the match and announces to everybody that since both teams retrieved a belt the match was declared a Draw and the Titles are Vacated. He also announces that at the next PPV there will be a Tag Team Turmoil match with 6 teams for the titles and qualifying for the match will happen through the weeks leading to the PPV on Raw and Smackdown.

During the Qualifying process we'll see the likes of Cryme Time, Hart Dynasty, Straight Edge Society competing along with the formation of some new teams. After the qualifying process has been completed the teams will start to engage in preview matches for the upcoming event and there'll be some interference in some leading to new rivalries (Lets say Hart Dynasty & Bourne & KIngston). Bourne & Kingston could then be screwed out of the titles at the PPV by Hart Dynasty that's already been eliminated. They'll claim they're the Number 1 Contenders since they were screwed out of their shot but Hart Dynasty have a different idea and Challenge them for a Number 1 Contender match. Winners would then go on to face the Champions at The next PPV and with that, hopefully some new rivalries will have been created, leading to a strong Tag Team Division for the next year or so.
Back to top Go down

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:38 pm

one thing they should do as well imo is combine the belts so they can have one each instead of walking out with two belts each
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:40 pm

I dunno, The Miz looks good with three belts wrapped around him at the moment. But definately in the future they should have a single Undisputed Tag Team belt
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:38 pm

Nice article mate, I was trying to write something deserving of your article but I'm bad luck, anytime I write something that could be seen as productive for the Tag Division then the WWE manage to screw it over even more
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:44 pm

It's practically impossible to run a really good tag division of two "brands".

You need a minimum of 4 teams but if only the champions cross over that means you need to put 6 guys aside on either show plus another 2 from one of them (if that makes any sense at all).

Neither show has 6 or even 8 wrestlers that can both generate interest and be sacrificed from singles competition.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:52 pm

SmackDown! has to be the dedicated Tag Team show, its the only show that has time to allow teams to develop, if they have 6 matches a week they could have two tag team matches, 1 diva and 3 singles (or at least 3 matches used for single wrestlers whether they make them tag team, 6 man or 8 man tags would be irrelevant
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Could you think of 8 guys from Smackdown who could viably create a strong division?
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Not saying there isn't by the way, I genuinely have no idea Laughing
Back to top Go down

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:56 pm

do you not watch smackdown disco?
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:56 pm

I don't watch...at all Smile
Back to top Go down

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:58 pm

since when
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:00 am

Erm, since Wrestlemania 20 pretty much, it pissed me off no end.

Had a wee go of watching again in 2008 (hence why I'm here) but I could never really get into it.
Back to top Go down

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:04 am

well you learn something new every day
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:07 am

Lets see what we can do

Cryme Tyme
The Hart Dynasty
The Dude Busters (Croft & Baretta)
Luke Gallows & Mike Knox (SES)

I'd also team R-Truth and Shelton Benjamin up, neither of them are going to main event and they aren' t really needed for the IC title now either IMO

I'd also team Jimmy Wang Yang up with Kung Fu Naki and have them as the face jobbers who do some pretty entertaining spots, have them win the occasional matches so they aren't completely irrelevant

I'd also look to promote Johnny Curtis from FCW and team him up with Tyler Reks, they could be like a modern day Smoking Guns, they where brilliant when teamed together in FCW and had some top matches with The Harts

Also, Bret DiBiase and Joe Hennig are the current FCW Tag Champs and they are looking mightily impresive just now

IRS' two boys Bo and Duke Rotundo team together in FCW and have been Tag Champs there so their is potential for them to come up as a team

Deuce has re-signed with the WWE again, if he is repackaged he could possibly make a decent team up with Vance Archer (Lance Hoyt)

OK, so not many top teams in all of that but with gimmicks and storylines then at least it could look like a decent competitive division
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:31 am

Then there's the time restrictions I would say but the layout you said before seemed plausible.

Be tricky being limited to lower-card matches because they would just never get over.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:35 am

Doesn't have to be lower card, The New Age Outlaws headlined RAW and SmackDown! from time to time, the trick would be giving these teams gimmicks and material and allowing them to get themselves over, thats the problem with the tag division, no one is allowed much time to get over, Miz and Morrison got over thanks to wwe.com, Cryme Tyme have been allowed to have their own backstage segments as well, its time to exploit all the avenues possible

They don't have to have long matches, just make the most of the time they do have

Look at the Outlaws, they spent more time on the mic than they did in the ring but it was enough to get them over, same with the APA, they spent more time just living their gimmick than being in the ring, but they didn't waste a minute

There isn't any big secret, its just they have shown a complete lack of interest in doing anything with the lower card since they stopped branded PPVs
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:40 am

I know it doesn't have to be, just saying if it was...death to tag Shocked

If your gonna have youthful teams then they definitely need segment and match time.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:46 am

Yeah, I know, I really didn't wanna get into this because there is shit loads to talk about on how to improve but its not gonna happen, not in my opinion anyway, thats why I said what I did on my first reply to this thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WWE Tag Division Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Tag Division   WWE Tag Division Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Tag Division
Page 1 of 1