Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers )

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Keeno125
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
Keeno125

Country : Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers ) Scotland-2

Location : Scotland Number of posts : 287 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Cm Punk
Christian
Randy Orton

Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers ) Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers )   Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers ) EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:10 am

Well, apart from the whole downing of the Playstation Network earier on this week, there has been absolutely nothing standing in my way of playing Heavy Rain until it simply can't be played any longer. I've never played a game like it in my life, and i've played a lot of games. For me it's gotta be a massive contender for game of the year, if not for the year then definately for the first quarter. Will probably get squeezed out by Final Fantasy or Mass Effect 2 or Bioshock 2 right enough.

But onto Heavy Rain, i've never, ever felt so involved in a game ever. Every choice i made I made personally based on my feelings to the situation. For example when you're meant to take out the drug dealer, I couldn't kill him, and I didn't take the poison either. But just playing through the game was a strange feeling. When you're doing the challenge when you have to cut off the top of your finger, I hesitated like hell because I knew if i didn't do it then he wouldn't get the clue, but if i did it, he'd be in a hell of a lot of pain. Also when you're in the car on the two occasion close to death, I really did panic as i was trying to work it out, fortunately I managed to escape on both occasions.

The characters and how the intertwine in this game is absolutely brilliant, the whole story and each and every characters parts in the overall game is done excellently. And of course the mystery identity of the Origami Killer, for the sake of someone reading this who doesn't want to know even though i've already mentioned about spoilers, I WONT SAY THE NAME. But go do it now, you'll be shocked, I was. I thought i knew who it was aswell, was really sure and was quite proud of myself for figuring it out, then BAM. Not him. I actually got to the end of the game with all 4 characters, but at the endings Two of them died. Scott and Ethan. I was gutted for Ethan, and for that reason I will hate Carter Blake til the end of my life. Lol. Plus he didn't like Jayden, and Jayden's a coolassmotherfucker and everyone should like him.

What's everyones thoughts on the game? What did you think about the identity of the Killer? And the storyline in general, did you have a favourite character? And more importantly, who did you keep alive right til the end?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers )   Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers ) EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:20 am

havent played it but is sounds like a cracker.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Country : Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers ) England-1

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers )   Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers ) EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:01 pm

yeah my friend played it and said it was awesome
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers )   Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers ) EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:01 pm

was cracking, just solid gone through it on a gaming binge with mates and well it was brilliant

in the end only death was the woman cos i got impaled haha. was shitting it when jayden was in the crusher I thought i'd lost him at that point lol.

i shot the maniac christian, cos i cudnt be arsed waiting for his bullshit and wanted to not be on the bad books of the psycho cop lol. was nicwe cos it was his first ever kill so was a new level of emotion on his path.

dont know how you got ethan killed though lol its surprising how differant even just one scene can be just with a few decisions though.

a classic
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers ) Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers )   Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers ) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Apologies for the huge bump on this one.

Finally played it.

Quite simply, the best PS3 game I've played, and one of the best games I've ever played. Got it because I enjoyed LA Noire, finally got the platinum on Saints Row 3, and unleashed this.

Stunningly good, and if you haven;t played it yet - it's cheap now! Go get it!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers )   Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers ) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:28 pm

might have to have a sesh once again and play it through. It is surprising how you can affect the story and is probably the most involved i've been in a game. Played it on a rotation and I got all the best levels if i remember and mate got most of the private investigator ones. It's certainly a game to get into. I think the characters are much better than la noire. And if you see pictures of the bast you will see how well it's made too.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Country : Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers ) Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers )   Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers ) EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:39 am

I can't remember a game I've got so emotionally involved in. Made it to the warehouse with all four characters going, and the sense of relief when I revived Shaun was huge... and odd for a video game when I usually kill as many people as possible...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers )   Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers ) Empty

Back to top Go down

Heavy Rain - Wow? ( Will Contain Spoilers )
Page 1 of 1