Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Who will Edge choose?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Who will Edge choose? Empty
PostSubject: Who will Edge choose?   Who will Edge choose? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:31 pm

At Elimination Chamber Edge announced that he would choose his wrestlemania opponent on tonights Raw. It seems the obvious thing to do would be to have Edge face Jericho at 'mania but is this too obvious? I can't think of any reasons why WWE wouldn't book Edge vs Jericho other than too surprise viewers. Although I would rather see Edge/Jericho, the prospect of Cena vs Batista part 1 million is terrifying as I personally can't stand either in the ring or on the mic, although Batista is a lot better recently as a heel. So what do you think? Who will Edge choose to face at Wrestlemania 26?
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Who will Edge choose?   Who will Edge choose? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:33 pm

I think it'll definately be Jericho he chooses. Should be a good build up and a good match between them both
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who will Edge choose?   Who will Edge choose? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:34 pm

I'd like to see Edge vs Batista again because this time with both in opposite roles I think it would be a helluva lot more interesting, that being said, that can wait, they feuds are already in place, for Edge to choose Batista would just scream swerve when there is no need for it, the best build ups are the ones with some serious history and proper rivalry, Edge/Jericho has that, as would Cena/Batista
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Who will Edge choose?   Who will Edge choose? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Cen a vs Batista has been brewing since their meeting at Summerslam, as both got credited with injuring the other. and let's face it, that match was better than I thought it could be, now with the added bonus of one hell of a build-up, it could be a match that surprises us...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Who will Edge choose?   Who will Edge choose? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:52 pm

I didn't really enjoy the first match, nothing was on the line, it felt like they where holding back, although I did think it was better than I expected, Vince has been desperate to get these two as his Mania main event for years, there was talk of the World Titles being unified between these two at WrestleMania
Back to top Go down
Horizon
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who will Edge choose?   Who will Edge choose? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Maybe it could be turned in to Triple Threat? e.g Edge picks Batista, Vince comes out and says no Cena is facing Batista, Edge has a contract saying he can face who he wants, Vince makes it a Triple Threat Cena/Batista/Edge. Then Jericho can face somebody else from Smackdown like Morrison as he came close in the Chamber (Teddy could grant him a title shot).
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Who will Edge choose?   Who will Edge choose? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:11 pm

I don't think the Royal Rumble winner should be in a Triple Threat, I think they should have earned the right to a 1 on 1, also, if Vince really is in an agreement with Batista I doubt he would book a match where he would need to defend against more than one man, wouldn't make sense to the favouritism already being shown
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Who will Edge choose?   Who will Edge choose? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:48 pm

The-Gaffer™ wrote:
I didn't really enjoy the first match, nothing was on the line, it felt like they where holding back, although I did think it was better than I expected, Vince has been desperate to get these two as his Mania main event for years, there was talk of the World Titles being unified between these two at WrestleMania

the problem with the first match was it was thrown in with about a 2 week build out of nowhere because WWE panicked and rushed it for no reason.

I've never liked triple threats as a Mania main event. The Rumble winner should get his one-on-one match.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Who will Edge choose?   Who will Edge choose? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:21 pm

I don't think that was the only problem, the main problem for me was they where both pathetic kiss ass faces at the time and played almost identical roles, their was no reason for a feud, they where supposed to be stand up guys, stand up guys shouldn't have an ego problem when the World Title wasn't on the line, it wasn't even a #1 contenders match

Now, Batista is a heel its a whole new dynamic to it, I'm actually looking forward to it, and whisper it, I actually marked out a bit when McMahon brought Batista out last night, I can't help myself from loving his heel turn taking th piss out o Oh the shame
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will Edge choose?   Who will Edge choose? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who will Edge choose?
Page 1 of 1