Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The Great February Book Off

Go down 
+7
Discopants
hodge13
InvincibleIleak
marty mcfry
Bobby Roode
the-gaffer
Mr H™
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr H™
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
Mr H™

Number of posts : 8 Favourite Wrestler : 1-Shawn Michaels
2-Kurt Angle
3-CM Punk
4-Chris Jericho
5-Desmond Wolfe

In that order.

The Great February Book Off Empty
PostSubject: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:30 am

The other day i read a comment from WF-Original Member which said something along the lines of 'we all fancy ourselves as a bit of a booker'. This got me thinking, and i've come up with an idea to put this to the test, its similar to the previous article but with a bit of a twist.

Basically, if you fancy a challenge, its time to turn the clock back and i will allocate you all a superstar from days gone by, it may be 90s or 00s wrestler, and you have to book them into storyline in order to make them a World Champion within a 2/3 month time slot. For example, i could give you Davey Boy Smith in 1995.

Let me know if you 'fancy yourselves as a bit of a booker', a simple 'I'm in' will do, and i will let you know the superstar and YEAR i have designated for you. I'll then study your bookings and declare a winner, but i thought it would make interesting reading for the rest of you too.

Some of the guys on 606 have had a crack, and i might not be able to access this forum throughout the day, so please feel free to just pick a guy yourselves, or allocate someone to eachother. Will make good reading!

Cheers fellas.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:07 am

You want me to post over my Marty Jannetty from 1993 you gave me yesterday?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Bobby Roode
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Bobby Roode

Number of posts : 328 Favourite Wrestler : Robert Roode and James Storm. Braden Walker.

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:23 am

Is there a deadline? My Goldberg 2003 story is a bit long at the moment. Like a novel. I'm trying to condense it.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:50 am

Roodsy might Jannetty one is about 25,000 characters Laughing
Back to top Go down
marty mcfry
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
marty mcfry

Location : Norfolk Number of posts : 189 Favourite Wrestler : Orton & Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:57 am

count me in the Book off. I love anything that ends in the word 'off'

Just don't delegate me Issac Yankem

He can fuck 'off'
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:21 pm

I'm in, but don't know if I can ask this, but I can have someone after 2000? Only I don't really know enough to be able to do a good one before then. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Mr H™
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
Mr H™

Number of posts : 8 Favourite Wrestler : 1-Shawn Michaels
2-Kurt Angle
3-CM Punk
4-Chris Jericho
5-Desmond Wolfe

In that order.

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:53 pm

marty mcfry, you can have X-Pac 1999

invincibleleak, you've got A-Train, any year you want!

Now, get your freak on!
Back to top Go down
marty mcfry
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
marty mcfry

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:03 pm

X-Pac. gee thanks, I hate that prick.

right here we go then.

1998 - The night after Mania.....

HHH is in the ring finishing his spiel........

"You look to your friends, you look to the clique"

With that D-Xs music plays and out comes X-Pac.

As he climbs the ring steps a snipers bullet enters his skull. Screen fades to black as JR and the King do their best 'Owen Hart' voices (over a year before Owen dies)

10 minutes later the show carries on with no mention of the X-Pac incident.

The End.
Back to top Go down
marty mcfry
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
marty mcfry

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:05 pm

Just realised im meant to be doing this circa 1999, so.....

1999 - Night after Mania

HHH is in the ring telling the world he's the next big thing in that weird way he usedahhhh toaaaah talkaahhhh.

When Xpacs music interupts and out he comes.....

As he climbs the ring steps a snipers bullet enters his skull. Screen fades to black as JR and the King do their best 'Owen Hart' voices (2 months before Owen dies)

10 minutes later the show carries on with no mention of the X-Pac incident.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:41 pm

i would consider it but only started watching in 2005 ish so my range would be fairly limited Laughing
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:47 pm

I'm in!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Marty, this might just be me, but I don't think your quite feeling this......
Back to top Go down
marty mcfry
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
marty mcfry

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Im just doing what I can with what i've got lol.

Although to be honest I would have made more of an effort with someone decent.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:18 pm

taking th piss out o

It's all random though, gotta take the good with the bad
Back to top Go down
mattbased
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
mattbased

Number of posts : 232 Favourite Wrestler : WWE - HBK,CM punk,Christian,Edge and Chris Jericho TNA - Pope, Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Ill give it ago but I only know form 97 fowards
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:56 pm

having said that i know exactly who i would want and may write one on him anyway even if not given him, alongside the one i'm given of course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Thats the fun of it though, we could all write one on someone specific, its trying to book someone random that you might not care about or in a time not as popular thats the tricky bit
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:07 pm

which is why i said i would do both as i still want the challenge.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 7:39 pm

this sounds really good but i don't know enough to give a good build up. i'll have a go anyway but apoliges in advance if it is really shit. The stories always sound better in my head.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:21 pm

Don't be daft mate, who cares if its an epic or not, just as long as you enjoy doing it, you'll have a good time and add something to the board
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:29 am

I think I'll give this a go. I'll let Mr H pick someone random for me. Just not too random like Bushwacker Luke
Back to top Go down
thejondog
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
thejondog

Location : London Number of posts : 43 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk Daniel Bryan

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:24 am

I'll add my Santino one...

I will start a day after Wrestle Mania XXIV

The day after Wrestle Mania on RAW Chris Jericho enters the ring saying he is the best in the world today "WOOOOOOO..." Ric Flair's music hits, Flair comes out and says after their match last night Jericho couldn't lace HBK's boots. Santino then comes out dressed as HBK, dances around the ring and does the famous HBK pose. Santino thanks Flair for the compliment and challenges Jericho to an Intercontinental Championship match later tonight. Jericho accepts brushing off any sort of challenge. After a pep talk from "Naitch" Santino heads to the ring. During the match Jericho has the upper hand, the flair comes out, Jericho attacks flair on the apron then Santino gets the roll up for the pin and becomes new Intercontinental Champion.

Santino holds the title for a few months after having feuds with Finly and Kofi Kingston, Santino loses the title at Judgement Day in an inter-gender tag match with Beth against Kofi and Mickie James.

Chris Jericho has also become WWE Champion on Raw

The following month WWE re-introduce the King of the Ring tournament with the winner getting a shot at the title that is on the superstars show.

The brackets for the KOTR come out. Carlito - Kofi, Matt Hardy - MVP, CM Punk - JBL, Santino - Hardcore Holly.

The matches take place on Raw and Smackdown leading up to KOTR. Carlito and Matt Hardy advance, as does JBL. Santino, accompanied by Beth come out to face Hardcore Holly accompanied by Cody. During the match Santino and Beth argue and Beth leaves rigside and Holly gains the upper hand. As Holly is about to hit the Alabama Slam then Santino's arm hits the ref in the face, then Cody low blows Holly (turning him heel) allowing Santino to pick up the win and advance to face JBL.

The King of the Ring is here. Semi final matches are Carlito v Matt Hardy and Santino v JBL. Carlito advances after beating Matt.

Before Santino's match with JBL Beth is begging for forgiveness and promises to make it up to him. He says "OK!!" but tells beth to wait in the back and he then 'winks' at her with a smile.

The match is under way and JBL controls most of it with his aggressive nature. Beth approaches the ring and gets on the apron. JBL knocks her off the apron, the ref then starts screaming at him causing him to punch the ref causing Santino to win by DQ.

The KOTR final sees Carlito v Santino for a shot at the WWE Title at Summer slam.

Beth is unable to accompany Santino to the ring after JBL's attack. The match kicks off with both men getting a fair share of the offence. JBL comes down to ring side Beth then comes down. Beth is in advertedley distracting the ref as JBL enters the ring. He goes for a clothesline from hell but misses and catches Carlito, Santino then dropkicks JBL out of the ring and quickly picks up the win to become the 2008 King Of The Ring and earns a WWE title shot at Summer Slam.

The era of King Santino and Queen Beth enters WWE. The new king quickly enters a feud with JBL after ending his hopes of becoming King at KOTR. Santino mocks JBL at every chance coming out in limo's and dressing in suits saying he is acting like the King he is. This Fude would last a month and the two would have their match at The Great American Bash with JBL coming out on top but the match is re-started after Santino had his foot on the rope. After the re-start JBL goes for a quick clothesline from hell but misses then Santino rolls up JBL to claim the W

Fast Forward to a few weeks before Summer Slam Jericho is still WWE champion. And in the weeks leading up to their Title match Jericho host's a Highlight Reel and his guest is Beth. Jericho puts down Santino the whole time, then Beth brings up a ghost from the past. CHYNA. Beth goes on to say that he lost to a woman once, he can lose to one again. Then a match is arranged Beth v Jericho. The match starts with Beth getting some offence but Jericho quickly turns it around. Jericho gets on the mic "Santino, where are you? I haven't seen you all night. You allow me to do this to your Queen? What a pathetic No 1 contender" Santino does not show up.

A week before Summer Slam, Jericho has a match against Kofi Kingston. (Santino still has not been seen all night) Jericho gets a dominant win and continues to beat down Kofi. Beth comes out and attacks Jericho but Jericho quickly truns on her. Santino then comes out to a MASSIVE pop and beats down Jericho. The fans are going nuts and Santino is looking strong going into Sumer Slam.

Summer Slam arrives. The main event is King Santino v Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship.

Before the match Santino is laughing and joking with his Queen but tells her not to get involved tonight. The Ric Flair enters the locker room and gives him some wise words of wisdom and wishes him luck. JBL is seen leaving Jericho's locker room.

Game time. Both men enter the ring ALONE. the match begins with Santino straight on the offence, but Jericho turns it around. The match continues with Jericho on top doing his usual kicking of the head and pushing of the head, mocking Santino. Santino then turns it around and gets on top, the crowd are fully behind Santino going nuts. JBL starts walking down the aisle but Flair jumps him and they start fighting around the ring. Jericho is distracted and Santino goes for the roll up. 1.....2..... NOOOOOOO!!! 2 and 3/8's Both men back to their feet and Jericho locks in the walls of Jericho. Santino gets to the ropes. Santino gets back on top, JBL has got the better of Flair and is on the apron, Santino pushes Jericho into JBL and then hits his finisher. (I dont actually know his finisher. YIKES!!) 1.......2.......3!!!! HE GOT IT!!! "HERE IS YOUR WINNER, AND NEEEWWW WWE CHAMPION, KIIIING SAAAAANTINO...." Santino celebrates in the ring with Beth and Ric Flair as the new WWE Champion
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:36 am

King Santino has a nice ring to it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great February Book Off   The Great February Book Off Empty

Back to top Go down

The Great February Book Off
Page 1 of 1