Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)

Go down 
+4
JJJohnson
macclads
the-gaffer
Grecian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) Empty
PostSubject: Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)   Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Two things from last night's Smackdown:

Batista - the promo that opened the show. As painful as it is to write this, that was the best promo Dave has done since the one when he gave up the World Title with his bicep tear in 2006. i thought the way he underplayed it was very effective, and I was surprised at how well he did. Still think he's a prick, though.

CM Punk - I honestly think WWE don't have a clue what to do with him. His heel turn on Jeff Hardy was very well done (although revisiting the Summer Of Punk from RoH, but as most WWE fans have never seen that, no matter), it was a feud based on reality which I think work better, and the performances from both Punk and Jeff were extremely good, and the crowd reactions were getting bigger every time. Then he gets a short run with the Undertaker (and a couple of wins there would have done him the world of good), and now he's working with R-Truth and Matt Hardy, two popular guys but are very much buried in the mid-card. he needs a top-level face to work with, and for me, he has to move to Raw to continue his status. Batista has taken his crown as Smackdown's top heel and is feuding with rey and Undertaker at the same time; jericho is a heel and concerned with the tag title, and the blue brand doesn't have another face at the top-end of the card to face Punk. He needs to move to Raw, and face Shawn Michaels. As it is, he's a near top-liner without anything to do.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)   Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:21 pm

Grec I cant be bothered just now but I'm threatening to write an article about how much I've been impressed with Batista since the heel turn, it suits him far better and it suits his style
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)   Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:58 pm

He looks much better as a psychotic heel intent on injuring people than the grinning idiot shaking the ropes. But I wouldn't have him anywhere near the top heels in the company still.

Unfortunately on SD they're berefit of main eventers at present especially faces with Batista turning, Rey possibly injured and Jeff leaving. It needs either Christian to jump over from SD, Morrison to step up or Edge to return.
Presumably they will have to address it soon as past Taker, it's face lite. Presume that's why Rey has postponed his surgery till past Mania and a long term feud of Rey and Punk I believe could be an excellent feud.
Back to top Go down
JJJohnson
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
JJJohnson

Country : Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) England-1

Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)   Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 4:47 pm

No way people are actually praising Batista?

Ive always been vocal about my liking of Batista(no I dont think he is a particulary good wrestler),he has the monster look and for months I have called for a Batista heel turn.

He was my favourite character in Evolution by a country mile because the role he played suited him to a tee,the guy is a monster and pushed as a monster heel is a brilliant position for him.

I think we will see Batista take the World Title in the next month(perhaps the Rumble) leading into Mania and a possible clash with Cena for the World Title(might be way off with that prediction lol)...two guys I know arent particulary liked and I appreciate that but if its anything like their match at SummerSlam then it will be a good watch indeed.

As for Punk,I think he is awesome but is definitely at a loose end...McIntrye is feuding for the IC Title,Batista feuding for the World Title so where do you use a heel punk?...at the moment he is in a moderately entertaining feud with Hardy/R-Truth but think he could be ysed so much better.

Wouldnt be suprised if he is drafted back to RAW after Mania
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)   Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 6:58 pm

I'd give Punk/Christian a big feud for WrestleMania, throw in the ECW title, have Punk claim to be the best ever ECW Champion and for Christian to 'put it on the line' to find out, it would give ECW some major credibility, give two guys a major feud which can only help them both and have a cracking one on one match that is original, fresh, and has potential to steal the show
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)   Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:26 pm

would love that, however i have a feeling Punk will fued with Mysterio at WM26 and punk will put him out of action allowing him to recieve surgery, or i would prefer a fued with Orton and Randy punting him out starting the path for Orton to go back to being the legend killer
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)   Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:01 am

Spoiler below concerning CM Punk & TLC

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)   Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Kay Fabe™ wrote:
I'd give Punk/Christian a big feud for WrestleMania, throw in the ECW title, have Punk claim to be the best ever ECW Champion and for Christian to 'put it on the line' to find out, it would give ECW some major credibility, give two guys a major feud which can only help them both and have a cracking one on one match that is original, fresh, and has potential to steal the show

I like the sound of that! Could be a good match up there but I can also see them both being in MitB again.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)   Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:36 pm

Punk won't be in MITB, he's been in the past 3 I think and has won it twice. Christian however, will probably be in that match and has a good chance of winning it I say.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Yuri_D
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)   Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 11:30 pm

i agree about tista, and punk wont win mitb again, the crowd shit on his last victory.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wzrradio.com
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)   Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 11:48 pm

True, only because the crowd where so pumped because it looked like Christian was going to win it though, Punk was as it turned out a good choice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)   Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09) Empty

Back to top Go down

Batista / The CM Punk problem (Smackdown 11/12/09)
Page 1 of 1