Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper Empty
PostSubject: Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper   Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Quote :
The Daily Star in the UK has an interview up with new TNA star Desmond Wolfe Here's a few highlights from the man formerly known as Nigel McGuinness.

On where the new name came from:

"Everyone is asking me where I got the name from - someone said Withnail and I - but Vince said he did an internet search of the most popular British names and came up with Desmond Wolfe!"

On getting to make his debut against Kurt Angle:

"Who gets the opportunity to come in on their first day and beat up Angle, I mean that's huge! Kurt has been great, just like everyone else - he's really open to ideas."

On whether he went to TNA because he failed a WWE medical screening:

"I had a clean bill of health from my orthopedic guy and my local doctor, so it's not about that. I don’t hold against anything against them, it was a business decision, and they were only doing what they think is best for them."

It should be noted that Nigel/Desmond never actually says in the interview why WWE made that "business decision" to not bring him in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
kvh12345
Fandango
Fandango
kvh12345

Country : Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper Scotland-2

Location : Netherlands Number of posts : 621 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper   Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:52 pm

still seems strange why would you go to TNA when you can get to WWE
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper   Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:55 pm

He couldn't get to WWE thats the point!
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper   Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:01 am

To be honest when I heard WWE were signing Danielson and McGuinness I was a little surprised. I could understand them going for Danielson, but for some reason McGuinness just didn't feel like the right fit for them, and if he had signed he would likely have been poorly used.

Danielson on the otherhand does have a real chance in WWE, so long as they don't decide to team him up with Lance Cade just because they were both trained by Shawn Michaels.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper   Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:08 am

I don't think McGuinness would have been poorly used although I think they would have paid him a good bit of cash to get the rights to his name since he is probably one of the most well known guys in the indy scene, I could see a CM Punk rise from McGuinness although with his history on injuries I don't know how the full time WWE scheduled would have helped him out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper   Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper Empty

Back to top Go down

Nigel McGuinness Interview with Daily Star Newspaper
Page 1 of 1