Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Breaking Point discussion thread

Go down 
+3
madmax
Rocky2
the-gaffer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Breaking Point discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Breaking Point discussion thread   Breaking Point discussion thread EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Well this wasn't the best PPV the WWE have put on this year by a long chalk, this kind of PPV only brings goes to prove that their is far to many PPV's per year

I was bored with the JeriShow vs MVP Henry match, it was an alright match but we have seen far to much of these guys going against each other for the last three weeks, it was overkill in my opinion.

The Undertaker didn't deserve a World Title match, he has been back three weeks and made about a total of 8 minutes TV time in 3 hours of SmackDown! since SummerSlam, no doubts Vince and Co went into panic mode as soon as Jeff called time in his WWE career, the match itself only went to prove two things, the WWE have absolutely no imagination because I felt the Hells Gate finish only to be cancelled by Teddy Long was obvious, think I even said so on here last week sometime, the actual screwjob finish was even worse, their was absolutely no need for it and no reason or story behind it either.

The Orton/Cena match for me was so so, Cena took some amount of punishment in the match which was good since we don't see him vulnerable often enough, the bad thing is though that despite having both hands handcuffed, hung from the ring post then handcuffed to the rope with all the chair shots and Singapore cane shots he still didn't quit, Ortons first hint of trouble and he gave up, until Cena is portrayed in a vulnerable light and actually follows it through then the fans just wont buy him as Canada proved last night!

ECW title match - Christian retaining was the best thing for ECW, he is by far the best talent on that show and is one of the best in the WWE outright, his match with Regal was good, Regal is brilliant in the ring and is so hard hitting yet so safe, his Regal plex always looks devastating but he never seems to injure anyone, don't think many others would be trusted with a move like that, don't know where ECW can go from here now though, Christian has already beaten him twice on PPV, one a squash and the other an excellent wrestling match and Kozlov/Ezekiel where banned so if they are banned from one match then having them banned for the rest has to be logical!

DX vs Legacy - For me it was the match of the night, Kudos to DX for really putting Legacy over here, I thought they did that at SummerSlam although DX got the win which was expected since it was their big comeback match and Michaels comeback match, the match had everything and the move that beat Michaels the Figure 4 around the ring-post and the Million Dollar Dream was quality stuff, this could really help Rhodes and DiBiase make the big step up, I'm no great fan of DX now, mainly because I saw them when they where at their best but if they can seriously put these two guys over as genuine main event candidates then their jobs will be done to perfection
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Point discussion thread   Breaking Point discussion thread EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:20 pm

I actually thought JeriShow vs MVP and Henry was one of the best matches of the night although if most of the matches lived up to my expectations, I don't think I would find this match as impressive. I do agree about the two teams having too much contact during the build up though.

I thought I was in the minority about Taker receiving a title shot. I thought everybody else had the opinion of "well, Taker's a big star and WWE have just lost a big star, who else do they have to put up against Punk". While I can see that point of view, I do feel Taker should have at least earned the title shot somehow. Maybe having a lengthy match against Matt Hardy on SD which could help put Matt over, I'm thinking something similar to the Jeff vs Taker Extreme Rules match earlier this year.

You did mention the fact that Hell's Gate was still banned. And I wasn't annoyed with the decision to re-enact the Screwjob as such, I just felt it was poorly executed. Taker was left standing around looking like an idiot after his "win" and god only knows what took so long for them to send Teddy out there. And if you watched closely, you could say that it looks like Taker did tap out to the Anaconda Vice (Taker accidentally slaps his hand against the mat). I'm expecting some crappy, rushed post PPV explanation from Teddy and Punk on Friday with Batista possibly helping Punk retain the belt in a rematch.

I've seen some criticism of the WWE title match on other forums but it was MOTN for me and even if it wouldn't make sense, I would have liked Orton to take some real punishment to show everyone that he is not the coward he is made out to look on RAW.

I didn't really feel DX vs Legacy, it was too scrappy for my liking, it's hard to explain. I don't like it when WWE wrestlers brawl into the crowd, it's nothing but punches and kicks which you are lucky to see if the fans move out of the way. And I understand it's meant to be a "brawl" of some sort but I expect some wrestling as well. I'm embarrassed to say I did think Shawn was actually hurt for a while especially when HHH went over to check on him lol. I liked the Sharpshooter/Camel Clutch combo that DX applied on Rhodes. The ending was unique I'll admit. I hope DX genuinely show some respect to Priceless tonight but I don't know what should happen next lol.
Back to top Go down
madmax
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
madmax

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Point discussion thread   Breaking Point discussion thread EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:33 pm

I thought breaking point was a real mixed bag with some real good stuff and some just plan poor booking decisons. The opener was ok with obviosly the better action coming with y2j and mvp in the ring but the finish was pretty lame as it was the same as summerslam and made mark henry look week.

I found the usa title match to be quite fun with some good near finishes. I think kofi and the miz can have a real good progaram lasting a few ppv's with the miz finally prevailing.

I suprsingly really enjoyed the legacy vs dx match probaly mostly due to the very well done finish and result. I think ted and cody can really go to the top and think these should be the begining of big things for the pair.

The singapore cane match was what it was and hopefully this feud finishes asap and kane find something better to do.

Ecw title match was real good stuff and showed how valuable christian and regal are to the company. I think chrstian is completly underuterlized and needs to brought over to one of the over brands. I know these would pretty much devaste the ecw brand but its reovered before and i think a face shelton could take his place against regal and his cronies.

I thought the dolph ziggler took a step backwards his promo was way to long and i didnt realy get it.

I really enjoyed the action between orton and cena and liked the brutal beatdown orton dished out. Being picky the finish made orton look week taping so quickly when cena took somemuch but it is what it is .

I thought the mainevent really let the ppv down. It was the right decison to keep the belt on punk but making him tap after 8mintues makes him look week and helps no one. I dont really understand what the fasanation is with montreal and another screwjob. The orginal screwjob 12 years ago is one of the most contraverisal and discussed events in the history of wrestling and these one just seem unimportant in contrast and im not sure anyones gona obtain good heat of it. The reason it was so intersting is back then was because it was a real screwjob a fake job only works for the kids or marks who believe it to be real. I thought itt looked pretty badly done watching it live. All in all i liked the ppv and would of perfered if cena orton main evented.

One final point i thought it was pretty low of the e taking a shot at jeff so soon after after he busted his ass to get punk over and staying longer then he had to competing in some brutal matches but thats vinces ego for ya.

sorry if this is too long for people
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Point discussion thread   Breaking Point discussion thread EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:34 am

i thought DX vs Legacy was match of the night and good to see Legacy get the win (included in Hell in a Cell? would be huge for Legacy to get a win IN the cell)

Orton vs Cena now for HITC they could have gotten rid of this fued with a Orton win,

Punk vs Taker obvious for HITC

Christian vs Regal (again?) will it be put in a Cell as i noticed their match wasnt a submission shows how highly WWE rate ECW as it was supposed to be a main event match
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Point discussion thread   Breaking Point discussion thread EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:38 am

I doubt they will have the ECW match inside a Cell, I'd be surprised if more than the two or three matches where inside the Cell

Rock, I didn't think Taker messed up when he slapped the mat, I think that was legitimate, he did that so the referee can justify ringing the bell, of course it wasn't a tap but th ref can say he thought it was a tap thus making his ringing of the bell seem unbiased
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Point discussion thread   Breaking Point discussion thread EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:22 pm

I thought Breaking Point was good in some bits but crap in others.

The opener, in my opinion, was a bit of a joke if im honest with you. When Jericho shuffled towards the rope I actually did this stupidity however Jericho is still the best in the company at the moment.

The Miz vs Kofi match was good, and i thoroughly enjoyed it, however how long can Kofi keep on winning by the skin of his teeth? Also i got really annoyed at King and Mitchell Cole when they both started saying that the Miz's matches with Cena elevated him, like hell they did, he was buried simply by Cena.

The DX Legacy match was ok but I ended up feeling perplexed by when Ted knocked out HHH with the cooler box because why didnt they just finish off HHH with a submission as it was a Submission counts anywhere match and instead they went to finish off HBK, which made absolutely no sense.

MOTN was by a narrow margin Christian vs Regal, if they were to have 5 mins more i think it would be the clear cut winner because I think Orton gave up too quick and Cena sold the rope DDT like he was dead but then jumped up to give Orton the 5 knuckle shuffle like the match had just started, so imo MOTN was Regal Christian. That Regalplex was awesome and Christian prooved that he should be headlining the ppv and that he shouldnt just be on ECW. Also Regal seemed to roll back the years in this match, he was awesome.

Orton Cena was good and Cena was made to look vunerable which needs to happen more often but Orton quitting so quick just makes him look really weak.

Very dissappointed with the ending of Punk Taker as it was shaping up to be really good but because of Teddy seemingly helping Punk it makes me really want to watch SD this week and see whats happening which is kind of good for WWE really

Breaking Point discussion thread 792452
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Point discussion thread   Breaking Point discussion thread EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Saint Jimmy wrote:

The DX Legacy match was ok but I ended up feeling perplexed by when Ted knocked out HHH with the cooler box because why didnt they just finish off HHH with a submission as it was a Submission counts anywhere match and instead they went to finish off HBK, which made absolutely no sense.

To be fair, you can't make someone tap out if they are unconscious, can you?
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Point discussion thread   Breaking Point discussion thread EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Rocky wrote:

To be fair, you can't make someone tap out if they are unconscious, can you?

Suppose your right but why didnt they just bring him out to the ring or like wake him. Or they could have just at least said something along the lines like "hes out, get HBK". They didnt even do something like that. Ah im defo looking into this too much, just annoyed me a bit

Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Point discussion thread   Breaking Point discussion thread EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:40 am

I thought Breaking Point was an ok PPV. Not the best I've ever seen, but certainly not the worst either.

Booking-wise, I think it did a lot to elevate the younger talent. Legacy making Shawn tap out being the obvious one (from memory, the last time Shawn tapped was against Cena at Mania 23, he's a guy who very rarely taps to anyone), they looked competitive against DX, which is something other teams like the Spirit Squad were never allowed to do. Dolph Ziggler's promo worked well, I thought, and I'm glad WWE have decided against him facing Morrison straight away. This is a rivalry I'm looking forward to, and would love it to end at a PPV with a ladder match. I'm a big fan of both, and think they both have a big future.

The Miz / Kofi, was a pretty good match, and Miz looked so much better than in his squashing against Cena. Both got some moves in, and did a lot to rebuild Miz after the Cena debacle.

Punk retaining was a good move too. I'll openly admit to being a huge 'Taker mark, I thought the screw-job was a bit shite, but seeing as Taker has never tapped out, and Punk needs a longish title run, it was pretty much the only option in the PG-world of WWE.

I'm praying thay HIAC between Orton and Cena finally ends their run, but I wasn't so keen on this match. Yes, it was brutal, and those cane shots on Cena must have hurt like buggery, but...

Back in 2006, Cena was hated. He faced people, took a hell of a beating, did 2 moves, and won the match. Superman booking, and we hated him for it. Breaking Point was that all over again - have WWE not learned that people don't like Cena being rammed down our throats that he's a Superman, will not quit and all that horsepoo? If only they'd booked an Orton win...

And well-done to the crowd for chanting 'You screwed Bret' at Shawn. Some 12 years later, they're still not over it. Good for them!
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Point discussion thread   Breaking Point discussion thread EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:03 pm

I think I pretty much agree with everyone else here: it was good but not great.

The opening tag match went on too long in my opinion but there were some good moments.

The DX/LEgacy match has an unexpected but not unwelcome result. The fact that Shawn and HHH were willing to put over Legacy means that they clearly think a lot of them. I also enjoyed HHH's comments regarding the 97 screwjob.

The WWE Title was surpisingly entertaining but sadly the ending became more and more obvious as the match progressed. I think Orton would have had to start removing body parts before Cena would have given up.

The ending of the World Title Match was also somewhat obvious. The 'false finish' came far too early to be genuine and, once Teddy restarted the match, it was obvious they were going for a 'screwjob' ending. It did feel a little flat, possibly because a lot of people were expecting it to happen. I don't think CM Punk will need to worry about any "You screwed 'Taker" chants next time he's in Montreal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Point discussion thread   Breaking Point discussion thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking Point discussion thread
Page 1 of 1