Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

RAW Discussion Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

RAW Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: RAW Discussion Thread   RAW Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 12:53 pm

I thought last nights RAW was excellent, a very wrestling orientated show and while I do like the promo side of the business its good to see some big matches from time to time, plenty of time given to the three main matches of the night, I thought Kane looked brilliant and sounded brilliant, still don't get why Kelly Kelly accompanied him to the ring, I realise she was getting her apology but thats that, she has her own entrance, it looked like she was going to valet for him!

Shawn didn't exactly excel but I thought he played his role perfectly, and got the expected win, for a moment I thought he was going to make Kane tap to the cross-face

Disappointed JBL won his match, it was expected however I just think that Rey would add more to the 4 way next week, not expecting either JBL or Rey to win the 4way that was why I thought it would be better for Rey to be in the match, although now I do actually see JBL win it, I was thinking Michaels would win it then lose it to JBL in a match for the No1 Contender Spot at the Rumble by simply either forfeiting or laying down to let him get the 123

I really enjoyed the CM Punk v Chris Jericho match, these two really need to be involved in a big programme with one another, still infuriates me why they always go to adds during these matches yet have us sit through 4-5 minutes of there entrance, pointless in my opinion, thought it was an excellent back and forward match, Jericho and Punk put on a bit of a show for a really hot crowd, would have rather seen Jericho win with the Walls of Jericho although if I am wishing I would rather he used the Lion Tamer version which looks absolutely vicious and extremely hard to get out of when the knee is on the back of the neck. Is the Code Breaker finally getting over? his timing with it last night was absolutely perfect!

Batista is injured, it was announced last night, great news from the shows view point although its not nice to see someone get injured, Randy Orton is again credited with putting him out, does this make Batista a legend? Randy will no doubt be involved big time with Big Dave when he returns although it looks likely that he could be out until Mania, so thats a pretty big void

At the moment we have Jericho Orton and JBL as the major heels and only Cena as a main event face, with Michaels in-between at the moment, I hope this doesn't convince Vince and co to drop the Michaels storyline, I wouldn't mind seeing The Undertaker brought over to RAW for a few months to fill Batistas gap

Trish Stratus was on show last night, what a difference, I am no fan of the woman's division but she blows them away, she should teach Cena how to through punches as well

Big time Cena Sucks chants at the main event and really enjoyed how Jericho got absolutely hero worshipped, Jericho could and should in my opinion play the Bret Hart and the Hart Foundation card, bigging up Canada at every opportunity for NOT being hypocrites while every low life American is, sure he would get cheered in Canada but he would get even more heat in America, I loved the 'home and away' atmosphere back in 1997 when the WWF left America, all the faces would suddenly get booed and all the heels would be cheered, yet the heels could still act like heels and the faces would act face(ish)

Disappointed there wasn't much in the way for Cody Rhodes to do last night, he has been excellent this year and has imporved 10 fold since his initial teaming with Bobcore
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: RAW Discussion Thread   RAW Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:24 pm

The crowd during the Jericho - Punk match were awesome! It must have been hard for Jericho not to acknowledge the crowd like a face would but I guess that shows how hard he is trying to and has got his heel character over.

The Michaels vs Kane match was poor IMO and was surprised Kane lost clean. I thought he would have got DQed after going crazy thinking that HBK is Kelly Kelly's secret lover.

I was thinking the same thing about Kelly Kelly when she came out with Kane, I thought she was going to be in Kane's corner as well.

I didn't know Batista's injury was legit. I just thought they made Orton "punt" him in the head to carry on the storyline? Do you know what his real injury is? And this makes things interesting regarding Mania where everyone assumed that the main event would be Batista v Cena II, that is if Batista doesn't return before then.

And as soon as I saw Kelly Kelly had left the arena and realized that RAW was in Toronto, I knew that Trish Stratus would be Cena's partner. I mean, Melina and Mickie had already wrestled so the only face Diva left is Candice who I think is legit injured again. Plus, Trish has her own profile on that WWE Universe website. And she looked good last night and she wasn't bad in the ring either. Very Happy
The Matrix move is class!

All in all, it was a good RAW and I am looking forward to next week to see who wins the Fatal Four Way and if they mention the actual Royal Rumble match itself for once!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: RAW Discussion Thread   RAW Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:53 pm

his real injury is a torn hamstring he will be out for months
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: RAW Discussion Thread   RAW Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 8:10 pm

I thought it was a good Raw last night. The matches were better than usual and I agree with that Trish is better than all the diva's in WWE.

Match of the night was definatly Jericho and Punk and the crowd were excellent in terms of input. I understand now why they didn't have Jericho do a promo this week (he'll have got cheered).

At first I thought they'd ended Michaels working with JBL then just before the winner was announced understood that JBL would have won. I don't know how the fatal four way match will work if Michaels isn't going to fight JBL. I expected JBL to lose and then take Michaels place.

I thought Kane once again showed how capable he is on the mic, he deserves a good storyline, I doubt this will be what he deserves. Kelly Kelly is growing on me week after week, I actually like her on the mic.

I even watched the all Diva tag match this week, I thought it was an alright match.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: RAW Discussion Thread   RAW Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 8:29 pm

Also, I don't think S.Snuka will join Orton and his group yet. I think next week Orton, Manu and Rhodes will beat him down and Orton will say something along the lines of;

'Just because you second-generation doesn't mean you are automatically in our group'
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: RAW Discussion Thread   RAW Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 8:31 pm

I like Kelly Kelly, not just because she is hot, she has came on leaps and bounds in the past 18 months, if I see someone working hard I will respect it whether they are likeable or not

As for the Divas, the one I am actually enjoying most just now is Maryse, she is an out and out carbon copy (in attitude only) to Shawn Michaels heel persona in 1992, absolutely loving her arrogant ignorant heel mannerisms
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: RAW Discussion Thread   RAW Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 8:36 pm

I don't see Snuka getting into the stable either, I think it will weaken it significantly if guys like him are allowed to join, I do however see a rival faction of 2nd and 3rd generation guys who have been rejected from Legacy, guys like Kane (Kayfabe son of Bearer) Goldust, Snuka

Kane could play on the constantly being rejected card and I really like the possibility of Goldust trying to get in, then after a beatdown, coming back in a few weeks as plain old Dustin Rhodes

I do however see DH Smith being invited to join in the long run though, however I really do believe he must go by the name of The Canadian Bulldog
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: RAW Discussion Thread   RAW Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 8:47 pm

I did expect Natyla to join and possibly DH Smith but it never happened.

But aren't those two supposed to join the main roster with another guy as a team of their own. I would rather they use that gimmick than join Orton. The worst thing they could do is overcrowd their 'group' and with Ted DiBase most likely coming back with them I think they don't need any new members.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: RAW Discussion Thread   RAW Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 9:18 pm

As of this moment its supposed to be planned for them to step up with TJ Wilson as a tag team, they are a pretty good team, I have put a couple of there matches up on here, however I said long term Smith might end up there, he is a top player with his pedigree
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: RAW Discussion Thread   RAW Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 10:34 am

I like the idea of the Regects fighting back, but it would need someone who can realistically counter Orton as a main event face.

I don't think there is anyone at the moment who can fill that void and so IMO it could only go one direction: squash.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: RAW Discussion Thread   RAW Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 12:16 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
I like the idea of the Regects fighting back, but it would need someone who can realistically counter Orton as a main event face.

I don't think there is anyone at the moment who can fill that void and so IMO it could only go one direction: squash.

HHH could be the main event face to Orton's main event heel. HHH is actually second generation in kayfabe and real life, his father in law is Vince after all so WWE could play on that, although they might only be suggesting that blood relatives are 2nd generation if you know what I mean. Then again, wasn't Sim Snuka adopted by Jimmy Snuka in real life?

I can see DiBiase returning and pretending to join Orton and Legacy before turning on them, maybe delivering a kick to Orton's head before forming a stable of his own with the Colons and DH Smith.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: RAW Discussion Thread   RAW Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 1:00 pm

I don't think Triple H can be considered 2nd generation, while he is related to Vince and Co now I think you have to be a blood relation or at least a legal guardian to be considered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAW Discussion Thread   RAW Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

RAW Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1