Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt

Go down 
+8
JacMan
Discopants
Grecian
feяgie22
Horizon
boschbourne06
Rocky2
the-gaffer
12 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt Empty
PostSubject: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:12 pm

Quote :
A NEW WWE Championship Title Belt is currently being designed and worked on to replace the current "spinning belt" which was introduced by John Cena on April 11, 2005.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Hopefully they don't go down the silver/metal route like they did with the Divas and ECW titles (saying that, the ECW title has grown on me although I still prefered the old belt).
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:26 pm

hope it looks alot better than the current one which looks cheap
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Country : NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt England-1

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
hope it looks alot better than the current one which looks cheap

looks like a toy, excactly why they made it look like that. All about the money
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Country : NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt Untitl11

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:39 pm

Thank fuck, 'bout time they got rid of the 'spinner'
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:39 am

Thank the Lord for that.

I honestly don't care what the new belt looks like, the current spinning thing is hideous. Looks like a Chav reject off the Argos jewellry counter...
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:39 pm

It would be really stupid if they didn't make it spin or dance or something though, like people have said they've sold more of these than anything other belt.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:39 pm

AND...that includes Austins skull belt.
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Country : NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt Scotland-2

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 4:56 pm

An indication of a Cena heel turn?

You always see kids with the spinner if they do remove it, it shows wwe aren't scared of losing money

or

am i looking too far into this? i just associate cena with the spinner
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Grecian wrote:
Thank the Lord for that.

I honestly don't care what the new belt looks like, the current spinning thing is hideous. Looks like a Chav reject off the Argos jewellry counter...

It wouldn't look out of place on Michael Carrolls mantlepeice
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:10 pm

jckbluenose12 wrote:
An indication of a Cena heel turn?

You always see kids with the spinner if they do remove it, it shows wwe aren't scared of losing money

or

am i looking too far into this? i just associate cena with the spinner

Its a good shout, my thinking of it is that they have milked that cow for all its worth, I take it they have simply just stopped selling them in the volume they had been
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Thank god for that, i hate that spinner belt. Its like the ultimate chav wrestling fans accessory, its just awful.

I hope they go back to something like the Attitude belt, that was my fave, or even the classic Winged Eagle belt.

NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt 792452
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 10:56 am

Where has this quote come from about a new belt?

I'd like to see a return to a vintage belt like the Winged Eagle. Not a direct copy of it but i similar style
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:26 pm

is that the old attitude era belt if so they say that was WCW title now
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 11:38 pm

or they could just bring back the WWE belt they had before the spinner belt. I was quite fond of that one too
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:43 am

It doesn't need to be fancy, just simple, its the best way

the winged eagle belt was the belt they used between 1987-98 it was before the Attitude belt and the smoking skull belt
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 1:19 pm

I wouldn't mind something similar to this design

NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt Whiteic3

I don't know if it is "grand" enough for a world championship though. Had a look at the Attitude era belt (the round one, if you know what I mean, not the "winged eagle") and didn't think much of it.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Country : NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt Ireland

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 3:23 pm

They should go back to using the old undisputed title belt it looks so much better than the current one.

NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt 10133
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 3:33 pm

dont think they will looks alot like the TNA world title today even though the WWE had it 1st
Back to top Go down
mattimatt
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
mattimatt

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:04 pm

Another possibility is a "Legacy" themed belt if Orton keeps hold of it,kinda like the "rated r" belt that edge had
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:51 pm

doubt they will make another design solely of the benefit of one guy, particularly if this guy is a heel, remember the main reason for a themed title is for merch sales which usually result in being for a face champion, I think they will go back to a more prestigious looking strap
Back to top Go down
mattimatt
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
mattimatt

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Dont see why they wont,they did it with edge,granted they only stuck a R logo on it,but point being, they might be changing it temporarily for the sake of a storyline,and as for merchandise goes, they still sell heel tshirts and such
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 4:22 am

course they still sell heel t-shirts but not in the same volume as the top baby face, which essentially is what they only change the World Title for

I think its a stick on certainty that it wont be a gimmick title
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 5:17 pm

I'm just wondering how they will explain the belt change on air. Will the match between Orton and Cena at Breaking Point end in a draw rendering the title vacant, with Mr McMahon changing the belt in the meantime? Will the title be broken somehow or will they simply change it and hope that not too many people will notice it?

BTW, I realize the belt might not change design for a while yet, even after Orton and Cena are away from the WWE title.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:20 pm

The spinner is associated with John Cena so I would hope any change in the title would be done after he loses yet another opportunity and the holder of the belt (i.e Orton) would come out and say that he is sick of defending Cenas world title and he demands a championship fitting to hug his waist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt   NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW WWE Championship Belt in the Works to Replace Spinner Belt
Page 1 of 1