Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

How Many Years

Go down 
+2
the-gaffer
thedmd
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
thedmd

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

How Many Years Empty
PostSubject: How Many Years   How Many Years EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:00 am

During TNA's Hard Justice PPV I noticed something that seemed a little off to me, Sting is a multi time world champion, he has 23 yrs of experience, then Kurt Angle, multi time world champion 10 yrs of experience now the odd part Matt Morgan 7 yrs experience no world championship, So I thought about it, three years ago Kurt Angle was winning titles years before that he was winning titles, so whats up with Matt Morgan, what is the time that it takes for wrestlers to "pay there dues" because Kurt Angle has only been in the business 3 yrs longer than Matt Morgan, and frankly as an american writing this I would be pissed off if Kurt gold metal had anything to do with it.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

How Many Years Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Years   How Many Years EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:09 am

There is no particular time limit, you look at guys like The Rock who managed it after only 2 years in the WWF while it took Steve Austin around 10 years as a pro to get the big one at Mania XIV

It's all down to the impact you make in your time in the business, you need things to go in your favour, you need people in power to support you, you need the fans to be into you one way or another and you need stories that make you a believable character

Brock Lesnar was in the business 5 minutes and he was given the strap and Mick Foley was a 15 year veteran before he was given a chance to be the man

The Undertaker is another who only had to wait a year for a run with the strap after years of not looking like he would amount to much
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
pablo1610
Fandango
Fandango
pablo1610

Number of posts : 610

How Many Years Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Years   How Many Years EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:37 am

it depends on the bookers really. if they feel you can draw ratings or bring something fresh that will excite the fans then surely a run with the strap will come.

morgan is a talented athlete, and he surely has the abilities to have a title run. but in the end there is just people ahead of him in line to take the strap. people who the crowd react to more than they do to morgan. its not a set time or paying your dues. if it was that case we would see people like bob holly or the brooklyn brawler getting title runs for the sake of being with the company for ages.

and that my friend would not draw crowds compared to the other talent that the companies have on display
Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
thedmd

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

How Many Years Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Years   How Many Years EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:05 pm

well that makes perfect sense but you don't need the biggest title, Matt Morgan could've very easily been the X-Division Champion, I understand the wow factor that wrestlers need but, it just seemed really funny Matt Morgan being called a kid and a punk by Kurt or Sting (who would have more of a right to do so) when he is younger but only with a little less experience than the top dog of all TNA, has he gotten a match for a belt in a while other than this most recent, and also don't the other like three tag teams deserve to be back in the belt contention
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

How Many Years Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Years   How Many Years EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Its all just revolving around some storylines just now, I like Matt Morgan and like his slow build up, I don't see him as an X-Division type performer so wouldn't see him in that catagory, even if he was though the main focus is always the World Title, he could be a 10 time X champ but they would still call him a World Title rookie
Back to top Go down
jlewallen
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
jlewallen

Location : alabama Number of posts : 325 Favourite Wrestler : randy orton, christan, jeff hardy

How Many Years Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Years   How Many Years EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:47 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
Its all just revolving around some storylines just now, I like Matt Morgan and like his slow build up, I don't see him as an X-Division type performer so wouldn't see him in that catagory, even if he was though the main focus is always the World Title, he could be a 10 time X champ but they would still call him a World Title rookie
i agree if you have won the world title at least once is a big deal some never get a shot at it
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

How Many Years Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Years   How Many Years EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:32 pm

morgan hasnt been in tna for 7 years though :/

surely lol
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

How Many Years Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Years   How Many Years EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:34 pm

and

• Far North Wrestling

• FNW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[34]

• Ohio Valley Wrestling

• OVW Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[9]

he has won heavyweight titles.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

How Many Years Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Years   How Many Years EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:07 am

taking th piss out o

They aren't recognised as legit World Titles
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

How Many Years Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Years   How Many Years EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:36 am

but its not like hes ever settled in a company hes just been back and forth all over

and since he has settled in tna his rise has been pretty quick.

the guy really has improved too, great bit of talent being exploited at the right time for it.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

How Many Years Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Years   How Many Years EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:31 am

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
but its not like hes ever settled in a company hes just been back and forth all over

and since he has settled in tna his rise has been pretty quick.

the guy really has improved too, great bit of talent being exploited at the right time for it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the OVW world title that he won was while it was still a WWE breeding ground, so its not like hes been back and forth as he just got the promotion upto the main roster.

I do agree that hes settled into TNA quickly cos some people who have been in WWE then go to TNA havn't settled from the looks of it, e.g. Rikishi, so hes done well.

I think Morgan is good but i think he needs to move more like a Big Man. He seems to like sell moves to much and doesnt move around like a proper big man. Thats just my opinion and maybe im nitpicking but its just my opinion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How Many Years Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Years   How Many Years Empty

Back to top Go down

How Many Years
Page 1 of 1