Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

10 Years Ago

Go down 
+4
Junior
madmax
Reaper
SteRDLK
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SteRDLK
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
SteRDLK

Location : Salford Number of posts : 110 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
Chris Jericho
Edge
CM Punk
William Regal

10 Years Ago Empty
PostSubject: 10 Years Ago   10 Years Ago EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:55 pm

10 years ago today, an event ocured which no wrestling fan will ever forget - the death of Owen Hart. He was scheduled to face The Godfather for the WWF Intercontinental Championship under his gimmick The Blue Blazer.

As he was preparing to perform his ring entrance, the same ring entrance Shawn Michaels and Sting had performed in the past, a release mechanism disengaged, and Owen fell over 70ft and landed on his chest on the turnbuckle. According to Mick Foley, Owen tried to sit up, before falling back down. The official cause of death was given as internal bleeding from blunt chest trauma.

Here is a website, which features some images of before and after the tragedy, as well as newspaper reports, and an image of an attempt of the same stunt made the previous year.
The second link features an image of Owen in the ring following the tragedy.

http://homepage.mac.com/knarley/owenhart/timeline/owentimeline.html
https://2img.net/h/i77.photobucket.com/albums/j68/seema_124/Bret%20Hart/Owen%20Hart/owen_accident.jpg

Jim Ross had the unfortunate task of telling the viewers the news of Owen Harts death
Jim Ross wrote:
Ladies and gentleman, earlier tonight here in Kansas City tragedy befell the World Wrestling Federation and all of us. Owen Hart was set to make an entrance from the ceiling and he fell from the ceiling. I have the unfortunate responsibility to let everyone know that Owen Hart has died. Owen Hart has tragically died from that accident here tonight.

R.I.P. Owen Hart - May 7, 1965 – May 23, 1999
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

10 Years Ago Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago   10 Years Ago EmptySat May 23, 2009 6:01 pm

Great wrestler his match against Bret at WM 10 was top class. I would've liked to see him win the world title. Owen Hart R.I.P
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
madmax
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
madmax

Number of posts : 122

10 Years Ago Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago   10 Years Ago EmptySat May 23, 2009 6:54 pm

i was just watching the lengend never die video and realised the date i culdnt belive its was ten years today it doesnt feel that long. Owen was a good worker and a great professional and it was a complete waste of a life just on entrance. RIP
Back to top Go down

10 Years Ago Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago   10 Years Ago EmptyTue May 26, 2009 6:01 pm

rip. owen gone but not forgotten
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

10 Years Ago Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago   10 Years Ago EmptyTue May 26, 2009 6:02 pm

rip great wrestler and from what iv heard a great man
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

10 Years Ago Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago   10 Years Ago EmptyTue May 26, 2009 6:03 pm

I'll post some Owen stories later, found a fair few yesterday
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
associatedpress
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
associatedpress

Location : Ky Number of posts : 29 Favourite Wrestler : Owen Hart

10 Years Ago Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago   10 Years Ago EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:42 pm

Owen had to be my favorite wrestler of all time, but is still messed when you think about the events that took place before the untimely accident. Its sad to think that he was somewhat cohursed into having to do the stunt after the company returned him to the Blue Blazer gimmick, just because he didn’t want to ruin his families self image.

He is one wrestler that definitely deserved to be heavyweight champion and was on his way if it wasn’t for that bizarre PPV. I cannot believe it has been 10 years since that day, but it still bugs me because something like this did not deserve to happen to such a good guy. From what everyone says he was as good as a family man as he was a wrestler, which says a lot about his of screen life.

Owen is one of the best Intercontinental Champions the company has ever had and is definitely my all time favorite Slammy Award Winner (2 times that is and don't forget it). Ha, he totally stole the best bow tie award like a true bad-ass, “I did it, woooo!”

R.I.P. Owen Hart….The Rocket….The Black Hart…..The King of Harts………You will always be missed
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

10 Years Ago Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago   10 Years Ago EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:24 pm

I loved Owen, whether or not he had a championship run in him will never be known and will always be debated, however what I will say is that his career kinda peaked in 1994 when he and Bret tore it up all over America, throw a couple of 5* PPV matches into the mix and you had a must see feud, Owen became the ultimate heel during that run and I always felt he could have had a run with the strap, even if it where just for a month or two to help stoke the flames of that feud, everyone loved to hate Owen in the mid 90s, awesome heat magnet, from his cast to his slammys he could use anything to get him over that little bit more

People remember him as the Blue Blazer and think of him as that character when saying he wouldn't have got to the top, however the Blazer was all just part of a storyline, if anyone is old enough to remember Owen 'severely injured' Dan Severen in a match, and in doing so 'quit' the WWF, thats when the Blazer started appearing, he was scheduled to win the IC title the night he died, sure of it infact, the Blazer was only a temporary gimmick to get over the bigger gimmick, which was Owen showing no remorse for almost crippling Severen, who at that time was being sold on being the toughest guy in the WWF

Can't believe it's been 10 years already, I remember watching it live and Jim Ross' announcement was absolutely chilling, still gives me shivers when I hear it nowadays
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

10 Years Ago Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago   10 Years Ago EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:25 am

Im too young to have ever seen him perform

but R.I.P Owen
Back to top Go down
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Location : Edinburgh Number of posts : 501 Favourite Wrestler : Raven

10 Years Ago Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago   10 Years Ago EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:39 am

The first time I saw Owen was when he was in WCW so that was in the early 90s, I'd have been about 8 or 9 at the time if I remember correctly.

He was known as The Rocket and I absolutely loved him from the minute I saw him wrestle, so athletic complared the usual guys like Arn Anderson etc.

He never really got a big push at all though back then!!

As Kayfabe mentioned, when he was really on top was when he had the series of matches with Bret, they were awesome together! I cannot stand when Bret talks about how great he was when he did this and that (Bret Hart's biggest mark is Bret Hart!!!!) but in the case of his matches with Owen, I have to agree with him when he says that it was some of, if not completely, his best work.

RIP Owen, you are missed!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

10 Years Ago Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Years Ago   10 Years Ago EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:27 am

I didn't know he was known as the Rocket in WCW as well, good stuff
Back to top Go down