Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Abyss future? (1st post on this site)

Go down 
+4
RainbowDeej
the-gaffer
Reaper
Mackem
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Abyss future? (1st post on this site) Empty
PostSubject: Abyss future? (1st post on this site)   Abyss future? (1st post on this site) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:52 pm

Hello all. This is my first post on here, only joined yesterday after reading 606. i'm probably going to discuss old news (sorry about that) but i want peoples opinions on it. 1st of all i heard something about Abyss rejecting a few contract offers from wwe. is this true? if so, wot are ur feelings on TNA giving him a run for the strap as a show of thanks and his loyalty to the company. I dont know if he has been there from the start but it could be a good storyline to split up the MEM (i no something like that has been done with Joe) was could phase out the like of Nash, Stiener and Booker out of the ring leading to a match against agnle for the belt.

As i say this is my first post but tell me straight, dont go easy on me.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: Abyss future? (1st post on this site)   Abyss future? (1st post on this site) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:02 pm

I'm glad he didn't go to wwe he would be wasted with the pg but like Joe he has gotten out of shape.
I preferred him as the silent Monster that was controled by James Mitchell.
I doubt Angle vs Abyss would be a great match i'd prefer to see AJ beat Angle to end the Mafia but it looks like Joe will be the one to split up the Mafia.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Abyss future? (1st post on this site)   Abyss future? (1st post on this site) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:04 pm

I'm unsure abotu Abyss in the WWE, as I doubt he would have came in with the same kind of character then I just don't think their is much depth in the guy himself to make me want to watch him, however I do believe that the WWE need an Abyss type character, Necro the Butcher would be much choice
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
RainbowDeej
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
RainbowDeej

Number of posts : 362 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shelley, Robert Roode and Christian Cage.

PostSubject: Re: Abyss future? (1st post on this site)   Abyss future? (1st post on this site) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:06 pm

I'm pretty glad Abyss rejected WWE a few times (I think he confirmed this is one of his recent interviews), but hope TNA take him back to the monster gimmick he had. His match at the PPV was good as it put him over, I just hope he gets some good match-ups with some good brawlers that are like him and can maybe go back to some hardcore matches for Abyss.

Not sure how he'd do in WWE, he'd be like Kane surely? But they'd get bopred of Abyss a lot quicker I think.
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Abyss future? (1st post on this site)   Abyss future? (1st post on this site) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:58 pm

I personally would love to see Abyss vs Kane.

May i take a quote from JBL?

"2 guys busting their ass off. God i love it."
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Abyss future? (1st post on this site)   Abyss future? (1st post on this site) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:03 pm

Don't know if either or both would bust their asses off to be honest, that just my opinion though
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Abyss future? (1st post on this site)   Abyss future? (1st post on this site) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:36 pm

Abyss has screwed himself. He's managed to completely pigeonhole himself as a guy who only seems to do hardcore gimmick matches - and when youi've done that to death, it does kind of limit you as a singles competitor. He's one-of-a-kind in TNA, but if he went to WWE, he'd be up against both Kane and Taker in the big guy stakes. Problem is, Taker can work some great one-on-one matches, Kane (given the right opponent) can too. Abyss, when you've seen him do the stuff he's taken in hardcore matches with stupid names in TNA, I don't think he's got the ability to pull off a non-gimmick match, and make it believable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Abyss future? (1st post on this site)   Abyss future? (1st post on this site) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:07 am

at the start i thought abyss was a mankind rip off but i like him these days but he doesnt deem to be very versatile.his best matches as you say are always harcore or gimmick matches
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Abyss future? (1st post on this site)   Abyss future? (1st post on this site) EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 5:24 pm

I don't like Abyss at all, he is overated by lots of fans. Some say he is the next Undertaker and all this but I think he's only on the level of Kane now with just the extra element of Hardcore added in which while pretty good to watch and is one-dimensional and every match it's all about doing something bigger than before and eventually, like Mick Foley people have too high of expectations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Abyss future? (1st post on this site)   Abyss future? (1st post on this site) EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 5:53 pm

He's a decent enough worker, nothing particularly great, but he has a great character when booked right. He's better than a lot of the hardcore workers out there who have practically no wrestling ability, and he has had a couple of excellent non-gimmick matches against Kurt Angle. Mind you, I think Mark Henry is the only guy I've seen Angle actually have a bad match with, but his work with Abyss was very enjoyable.

I think the booking of his charcter more than anything else has harmed him, to the point where often the crowd just wont be into his matches, even when he is puting on a pretty good performance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abyss future? (1st post on this site)   Abyss future? (1st post on this site) Empty

Back to top Go down

Abyss future? (1st post on this site)
Page 1 of 1