Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

An Idea For Abyss

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

An Idea For Abyss Empty
PostSubject: An Idea For Abyss   An Idea For Abyss EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Was thinking of a way of getting Abyss back to where he once was, as his current character has basically been portrayed as a goof, and has really hurt his career I feel.

Recently his best friend Matt Morgan turned on him, leading him to begin to revert to his old ways, utilising every weapon at his disposal. So why not go all the way with it? Abyss belives that interviewer Lauren is his girlfriend, so they could have him make some kind of advance toward her, only for her to tell him she's not his girlfriend. A heartbroken Abyss leaves the Impact Zone.

Abyss isn't seen for a couple of weeks, then one Impact Tenay announces that Abyss is there tonight, and has a match. Abyss comes down for his match against somebody (Shark Boy perhaps?), and proceeds to destroy him and violently beat him down with weapons drawing a DQ. Abyss continues this assault, leading to Lauren coming to the ring to try and talk him into stopping. Abyss begins to lower his weapon, only for James Mitchell to appear on the ramp. Mitchell has a mic, and screams at Abyss DO IT! DO IT! And Abyss attacks Lauren and leaves with James Mitchell.

Next week Abyss comes to the ring with James Mitchell. Mitchell takes the mic and proceeds to explain to everyone about how Abyss was betrayed by the people he cared about, Matt Morgan and Lauren. Because of this, Abyss came back to the one place where he had people he could trust, his family. He explains that Abyss has been hurt by many people, but that he was going to make sure that from now on, it shall be Abyss delivering the pain.

Abyss then proceeds on a path of violent destruction of everyone in his path. Eventually this would lead to a fued with Mick Foley, possibly culminating in Barbed Wire Massacre.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

An Idea For Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Abyss   An Idea For Abyss EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Writers and bookers try and over complicate things far to often, Abyss was alright they way he was, a misfit, a deranged monster who didn't need 'humanising', they obviously learned nothing from Kane
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

An Idea For Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Abyss   An Idea For Abyss EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 5:56 pm

Yeah that's true, he was far more effective when he barely said two words and just looked menacing in the background while Mitchell did all the talking for him.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

An Idea For Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Abyss   An Idea For Abyss EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 6:13 pm

For the record I do think it could be good to get him back to that crazy heel again, however with the turn of Morgan I can't see it for a while yet, and I think he might be used in the MEM angle now
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

An Idea For Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Abyss   An Idea For Abyss EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 7:19 pm

Yeah, i wasn't really looking for this to start straight away, more like a couple of months after the fued with Morgan is done. Should have said that at the start I guess
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

An Idea For Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Abyss   An Idea For Abyss EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 8:30 pm

I like this idea, but was wondering; did Mitchell leave on good terms with TNA? Other than that it should be a good storyline.

Abyss really needs something fresh, I don't even think this feud with Morgan will do him any good because he's still the face, despite on Impact saying he only cares about himself. I'm starting to think something like this is the only thing to turn him heel. Because at the moment his 'I don't care style' is only making the fans like him more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

An Idea For Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Abyss   An Idea For Abyss EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 8:57 pm

As far as I know, Mitchell left on good terms, I just think they didn't have any ideas for using him once Judas Mesias flopped.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

An Idea For Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Abyss   An Idea For Abyss EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:03 pm

I think Mitchell left when TNA had nothing else for him, don't think there was any hostilities, Mitchell has been typecast as that kind of character by TNA and its now expected he just appears and disappears without much explanation

I had a funny feeling Mitchill would be turning up in the WWE after Jim Ross spoke about how he might be used if he appeared in the WWE
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

An Idea For Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Abyss   An Idea For Abyss EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:06 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
As far as I know, Mitchell left on good terms, I just think they didn't have any ideas for using him once Judas Mesias flopped.

I don't think he flopped as such, more the writers and the bookers flopped with him, I thought Mesias looked good, had a good story and a decent angle, the big blow off match came and they had him lose it when Abyss was going to take a couple of months off anyway, that was shoddy booking, even if Mesias wasn't doing great a big win and getting Abyss off screen would have built him up nicely anyway, even if it where just to make a top face look good in there next programme
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

An Idea For Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Abyss   An Idea For Abyss EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Mitchell could of and should of been snapped up by WWE when they introduced the Kane/Mysterio mask debacle.
Like Abyss, Kane needs to become the monster character again, a near 7ft guy does not lose week in week out to a 5ft 4in bloke who's finishing move always consists of you somehow hanging out of the ropes.
There's a huge element of suspended disbelief in wrestling but that pushed even the Marks to question wtf was happening there.
Mitchell is up there as one of THE top managers of all time, much better imo than the other big monster heel manager Paul Bearer, as he used the mic to great effect (rather than Bearers oooooh's and stroking the urn) and he really did look like some bastard child of Satan.
Regarding Abyss, a hardcore scrap with Foley would be one for nostalgia sake and one that a few years back could have been a classic. Nowadays it's probably one that on paper sounds great but the real event may not live up to the expectation.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

An Idea For Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Abyss   An Idea For Abyss EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:44 pm

I agree completely there Maccs, while I am all for Abyss looking anything other than some love sick puppy, Foley has well and truly had his day, the fact that this kind of match remains possible is probably why I'm not into TNA anywhere near the extent I was a year ago
Back to top Go down
Fat Chick Thriller
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Location : Hiding in your mum's wardrobe Number of posts : 206

An Idea For Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Abyss   An Idea For Abyss EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:29 pm

i smell a lauren heel turn siding with matt morgan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Idea For Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Abyss   An Idea For Abyss Empty

Back to top Go down

An Idea For Abyss
Page 1 of 1