Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Orton, Cena and HHH

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Orton, Cena and HHH Empty
PostSubject: Orton, Cena and HHH   Orton, Cena and HHH EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Quote :
In the last five years (starting with the first PPV after SummerSlam 2004, when Orton won the belt for the first time), some combination of Randy Orton, John Cena, and Triple H have wrestled against each other TWENTY-FOUR TIMES. That includes singles, tag, and multi-man matches, but not Royal Rumbles.

That means Cena-Orton at SummerSlam will be the 25th match in the last five years featuring some combo of these three against each other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
kvh12345
Fandango
Fandango
kvh12345

Location : Netherlands Number of posts : 621 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Orton, Cena and HHH   Orton, Cena and HHH EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 8:10 pm

and its getting more boring each time
Back to top Go down
Dittybox2
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
Dittybox2

Location : Dundee Number of posts : 27 Favourite Wrestler : Edge

PostSubject: Re: Orton, Cena and HHH   Orton, Cena and HHH EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:35 pm

If you do count Rumbles it comes to 30 (Summerslam being 31). More worryingly HHH and Orton have faced each other 17 times since 2003.

Ironically The Rock and HHH faced each other 17 times between 1996 and 2000 and no one seems to complain.

Various combos of Steve Austin, HHH, Mick Foley, The Rock and The Undertaker have faced each other 113 times over the years though none of them faced each other more than 17 times although Austin and 'Taker did come close with 16 matches over approximatly 5 years
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Orton, Cena and HHH   Orton, Cena and HHH EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Austin and Taker had fantastic characters though and both where excellent in the ring, they both made you believe what you where seeing! Trips can do that to an extent but not enough to make it enjoyable, if you've seen one Triple H match you've seen them all
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Orton, Cena and HHH   Orton, Cena and HHH EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:02 pm

That's a shocking statistic and it's exactly the reason why RAW suffered so badly post the draft. All Vince saw was that sticking together what he thought were 3 of his biggest 'household' names would be a great money spinner but has proven to be a disaster with tired storylines and several guys with exactly the same ring personality.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Orton, Cena and HHH   Orton, Cena and HHH EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:27 pm

thing is as well the Orton/Triple H storyline despite being done numerous times was hot as hell leading into Mania, the fact they played the match so straight was what killed it, they where onto something big, they could still be riding the coatails of that story had they played it right, they didn't an it became an epic fail then te snide way Triple H had to lose the title after that as well in the 6 man tag team match, everything became so cheap and short sighted
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Orton, Cena and HHH   Orton, Cena and HHH EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:32 pm

I'd like to know what's going on behind the scenes with Cena/HHH. It was quite obvious that Batista was due to turn heel prior to his injury but that had to be shelved and the last PPV was a prime opportunity for either Cena/HHH to turn when in a triple threat match but it never materialised. It's often been reported that HHH wants to turn but I'm wondering if that's really the case and he's pushing more for it to be Cena.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Orton, Cena and HHH   Orton, Cena and HHH EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:38 pm

It's one of those Catch 22 things - Cena's character is begging for a heel turn to get rid of the awful promo's, but they'd be writing off the merchandise sales that go with it. I'd honestly say that Trips probably wants Cena to turn more, but Vince is saying no.

However, in the long-term, a Cena heel-turn and face switch after that would be the best way I can see for them to go. Although the time to have turned Cena would have been after Mania 23, now he's starting to be accepted (or at least the boos aren't quite as obvious) as a face.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Orton, Cena and HHH   Orton, Cena and HHH EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:44 pm

I think the Cena heel turn has to come ona massive stage and for me that would be either Mania, the Rumble or SummerSlam, I'd have loved him to turn heel at Mania XXV

Having him come out for some unknown reason after Legacy attack Triple H and hurt Vince and Stephanie again, have him come out to make the save only for him to FU the wrestlecrap right out of Triple H and have Orton stand him up and RKO him and for Mania to go off air with the two new World Champions celebrating together and joint leading Legacy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orton, Cena and HHH   Orton, Cena and HHH Empty

Back to top Go down

Orton, Cena and HHH
Page 1 of 1