Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Don Wests EPIC FAIL!

Go down 
+6
thedmd
Dr. Oznog
thegunman84
Reaper
the-gaffer
MaFish
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

Don Wests EPIC FAIL! Empty
PostSubject: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 3:53 pm

Anybody wondered what the fuck is up DW's arse these day's?

Quote :
-- Don West's persona in TNA is being completely patterned after WWE Hall of Famer Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. Fellow announcer Mike Tenay was Heenan's best friend in World Championship Wrestling so he knows how to work with Heenan to make him shine.

http://www.rajah.com/base/node/16166

Not really news but I wanted to highlight this EPIC FAIL!!! You aint no Brain, Donny.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:13 pm

MaFish, no shit, seriously, I watched iMPACT! last night and thought West was entertaining, and I seriously said to myself, "he is trying to be the Brain!"

I don't think he is anywhere near that level but I actually don't mind him, and can totally see what he is trying to do
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:22 pm

He just seems to be a generic heel commentator imo.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:29 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
MaFish, no shit, seriously, I watched iMPACT! last night and thought West was entertaining, and I seriously said to myself, "he is trying to be the Brain!"

I don't think he is anywhere near that level but I actually don't mind him, and can totally see what he is trying to do
Obviously nowhere near that level, but he is far more interesting these days. Stuff like these Christopher Daniels conspiracy theories he's coming up with, are very Heenan-esque I think.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 7:04 pm

His Christopher Daniels theories has been pretty entertaining he's better than he was as a face commentator.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Oznog
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
Dr. Oznog

Location : Deepest, Darkest Africa Number of posts : 119 Favourite Wrestler : Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Chris Benoit, Mick Foley, Stan Hansen, Vader, Dr. Death, Terry Gordy, Raven, Dean Malenko, Mr. Perfect, Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, Randy Savage

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptyFri May 29, 2009 10:37 pm

DAMN! I was just about to post a thread about Don West! I just finished watching the Daniels v Suicide match from Sacrifice and think he has taken some big steps as an announcer since turning heel. While I totally agree he's no Bobby Heenan, he is certainly far more entertaining than he was as a face commentator. Commentary must have a heel, it's too boring otherwise, 2 guys just agreeing with each other and putting over the goody two shoes faces. You need an asshole, but not just any asshole, an annoying asshole who can make you laugh as well. Having some totally over the top praise for the heels is actually a nice change for TNA. People give DW a whole lotta shit and I'll admit that his early performances were abysmal and he was slow to improve, but he HAS improved and continues to get better every month as he and Tenay slowly adjust to their new dispositions with each other.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 4:18 pm

Ive never bought into those two, Tenay was shit in WCW and is just as bad in TNA (dont he look like he's constantly smelling his own fart's though), and DW (I agree he has got better since his 'heel turn'), has taken him 7 year to improve and it was soley because of the turn, I wouldn't put that down to personal growth as a commentator, more him being told to do something a little different- it's Heeth Ledger in Batman all over again, Heeth didn't make the Joker, he was just told how to play him- the people who need to be praised are the brain's at creative who was behind the turn.

While throwing the odd Heenan-esque line doesn't quite cover his other failing's. And again, Tenay spoil's any kind of Heenan-ary that DW attempt's, he dont know how to take it like Gorrila Monsoon did, which is all the stranger because he did announce with Heenan. They just end up sounding like a couple of little spoiled bitches.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 5:36 pm

A bit harsh on Tenay I think MaFish. He was probably the best commentator WCW had at one point, they actually needed him on commentry during any cruiserweight match as Schiavone, Heenan and Dusty had no idea how to call that type of match.
Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
thedmd

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 5:53 pm

I don't know if what he's doing is such a bad thing I just like it when Team 3-D comes out and he bad mouths em until they sit next to him. Then he acts like their be-itch, makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 5:56 pm

are you joining tna?
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 6:28 pm

I just dont like him Gunz lol. He has no chemistry with his partner's and half the time just didn't know how to react to the other announcer's.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 6:37 pm

TNA commentary is fucking shite the end.

they do not understand how to be suprised at big twists in stories and matches, it just flows like either 1: they dont care or 2: which is terrible, they KNOW whats going to happen.

it just drains excitment from matches how they start the "oh and now hes hit him with the steal chair" before they have made contact. and little things like that just make them unbelievable as commentators.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:06 pm

MaFish wrote:
I just dont like him Gunz lol. He has no chemistry with his partner's and half the time just didn't know how to react to the other announcer's.
I'm the same with some commentators that plenty of others think are great, like Gorilla Monsoon.

I understand what you mean about his lack of chemistry with his partners though, he's always worked best as part of a 3 man team, letting the other two fuck about while he concentrates on calling the moves.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:10 pm

I just don't get the hate TNA's announcers get, when you consider how crap RAW is, Jerry Lawler is 10 times worse than DW or MT in my opinion but gets no where near the IWC heat that the other two get!
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:14 pm

I agree that Raw's commentating team is worse than TNA's. I prefer DW to Lawler but Tenay and Cole annoy me.Tenay with "You're damn right this is awesome!" and Cole for "Vintage (insert wrestler name here)."
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:14 pm

Yeah I've hated Lawler as a commentator for years, even when he first started. He's even worse now.

I think Don West in particular gets a lot of stick because he doesn't seem to know when to shut up, and just keeps talking for ages without taking a breath. As a heel though he does seem to be more comfortable with not saying anything at times.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:15 pm

taking th piss out o try playing a smackdown game thats ALL he says and sometimes it goes vintage flair when its like haitch v orton or something silly games silly coleman
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:16 pm

Coleman taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:42 pm

I'm actually starting to like Michael Cole, ever since 'Mania I've actually enjoyed his commentary. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:44 pm

id genuinley hand on hart rather have adamle or coachman back or JBL!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:44 pm

JBL AND JR arguing all time be class it would
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:48 pm

I don't really want to hear guys arguing on the stick to much, their main jobs are to put over the guys in the ring and sometimes guys like Heenan and Monsoon would forget that with the banter they where having, it was great to listen to but unless either one was emotionally involved (kayfabe wise) then they very seldom put enough over
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:53 pm

Speaking of announcers, am I the only one who thinks JR and (to an extent) King have been acting like twats for the past couple of weeks. Now I don't whether it is because the 3 man announce teams at PPV's have rekindled memories of each other lol or what, but King and JR cut Todd Grisham and Cole no breaks whatsoever. JR seems to be up his own arse not replying to any of Todd's kayfabe questions and King does the same as well taking the piss out of Cole unneccasarily, so much that it's not even funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don Wests EPIC FAIL!   Don Wests EPIC FAIL! Empty

Back to top Go down

Don Wests EPIC FAIL!
Page 1 of 1