Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Friday Night Smackdown!

Go down 
+2
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
InvincibleIleak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Friday Night Smackdown! Empty
PostSubject: Friday Night Smackdown!   Friday Night Smackdown! EmptySat May 02, 2009 10:25 pm

I thought was a very good show, we got to see some good promos and matches.

Chris Jericho's promo was as always perfect, I truly believe he is the best guy in WWE at the moment, when he says things, he sounds like he means them, he can get a reaction from the crowd and I can see him defiantly fitting in on Smackdown, where I believe he will have no problem making it his show. Although I was a little confused with the Edge interuption with two heels promoing against each other, I thought neither had the fans backing and both seemed just as hated as each other.

I'm glad that CM Punk was allowed some mic time with the two biggest names on Smackdown now, he didn't look out of place, he played his role well and the fans were behind him. He connected well with both Edge and Jericho leaving it open for a possible feud in any combination with these three.

I thought it was a good match between Morrison and Benjamin and WWE are obviously teasing a face turn, especially with the confrontation with Jericho later on in the show, setting up a feud between these two which should bring some excellent matches and promos. I would have prefered for Benjamin to get the win as I don't think Morrison particuarly needed a win.

The fatal four way was good, I liked the beginning with Kane taking everyone out, but I think it was made even more obvious with that, that Kane would be the first eliminated; get his offense done early. I think the Jericho elimination was quite good as it keeps him looking strong as he was never pinned clean. I would have preferred Mysterio win than Hardy, as I feel Mysterio can put on a better match than Jeff and deserves a world title shot more than Hardy after his performances in recent pay-per-views exluding 'Mania.

Cryme Tyme are awful, Shad is dull and JTG is cringworthy. I don't particuarly like either of them and hope a segement like this was only there because it was in New York. Although on the plus side, I would rather watch the Divas do this than fail to wrestle.

The match between Ziggler and MVP was pretty good, that women was annoying and MVP should have been disqualified when she slapped Ziggler Razz. It was still a good match and Ziggler got a decent offense, this proves me wrong that he will just be a jobber on SD or I hope so anyway. He's showing promise and hopefully a feud with Mysterio coming up.

The main event was very good, I like both the men in it and neither dissapointed there was some nice moves in there and Punk getting the win was a nice shock, definatly didn't see it coming. Also before 'Mania I was going to write an article about how Edge should have signatue submission move, possibly the sharpshooter, looks like the 'E can read minds now. Definatly didn't see the Umaga attack coming, this is a good sign though as Umaga looks like he will now have a proper feud in the upper mid card with a man who has pinned the world champ. It will also allow CM Punk to do the talking.

Jeff Hardy attack however I could see coming, I am pretty certain he won't take the world title off Edge and I hope not. I feel he has been shown up as the worst brother while with Matt and I just don't think he will hold a world title again for a bit, certainly not at Judgement Day off Edge.

Overall I would give it 4.5/5
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'

Location : Nottingham Number of posts : 160 Favourite Wrestler : Evan Bourne
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
John Morrison

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night Smackdown!   Friday Night Smackdown! EmptySun May 03, 2009 12:06 am

I thought Smackdown! was excellent this week and is looking more interesting for te future than Raw is at the moment in my book.

Some very good matches and Jericho was supreme - going absolutely crazy but making it believable. He is the best the WWE have at the moment by a long way and can't wait to see what they have lined up for him.

I'm also starting to really like and rate John Morrison. Another enjoyable match this time against Shelton Benjamin and a face-turn teased (scrap with Jericho, Benjamin being a heel) which would be good as i think the possible programmes he could have with the heels are more exciting than those with the faces. Also SD! is a bit short of faces at the minute, note the heel-on-heel promo-ing so i would like to see a couple of face turns soon.

That Sherri Shepherd woman is annoying and i have no idea where the 'E intend to take this angle but hopefully it won't drag MVP down too much. He's Raw now anyway, so it shouldn't affect SD! but Dolph Ziggler looks like he will be more than a jobber which is good as he looks impressive in the ring and on the mic. As Invincible said a feud with Mysterio would be good.

I'm not a massive Umaga fan if i'm honest so i'm a bit wary about what WWE intend to do with him but if he stops Punk cashing in MITB for a few months then that''s all good. There's a guaranteed storyline with MITB, so imo WWE should keep that for a while wait for a rainy day if you will rather than immeadiately post-draft when there are plenty of exciting feuds to look forward to anyway.

But overall, a superb SD! show, no match was disappointing and the promos were great, so a 9/10 from me.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night Smackdown!   Friday Night Smackdown! EmptySun May 03, 2009 11:52 am

I like Umaga and I hope this will be the trigger of his proper push, he's been in and out of the main event for the last couple of years, but always seemed to look out of place.

For a big man he is very fast, his moves look genuinly devestating and I wouldn't mind if he won the briefcase of Punk and went on to cash it in and win a world title.
Back to top Go down
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Location : UK Number of posts : 297 Favourite Wrestler : Christian, Morrison, Kaz, Taker, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night Smackdown!   Friday Night Smackdown! EmptySun May 03, 2009 2:41 pm

loved this show.

the main event was great and i definetely didnt see the umaga thing coming, which always restores my faith in WWE, when i really dont see things coming and in this case....the fued between CM PUNK and umaga could be awesome for both thier careers, as umaga keeps coming and going and cm punk has had a somewhat mish mash year...hopefully itll stand them both on solid ground and help to push both of em!

Loved that morrison won his bout, always liked that guy and as much as benjamin is great, i hope morrison gets pushed a little more as a singles star....cos i really enjoyed his ecw stint with the belt!
I read that he had a bit of a scrap with jericho on smackdown too but the version i watched didnt hav that...anyone think that cud lead anywhere or was it just a one off thing?
Back to top Go down
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Location : UK Number of posts : 297 Favourite Wrestler : Christian, Morrison, Kaz, Taker, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night Smackdown!   Friday Night Smackdown! EmptySun May 03, 2009 2:42 pm

sorry for the post sayin i didnt know bout morrison jericho scrap....didnt read bournes comment till i posted mine! oops
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night Smackdown!   Friday Night Smackdown! EmptySun May 03, 2009 11:04 pm

I'm not sure if I want to see Morrison turn face just yet, I feel he has so much more to give as a heel and hasn't had his potential fully used as a heel. I think he the cocky look and feel to make a good face but his whole gimmick and attitude of his character is much more suited to be heel, and I would love to have seen more of that.

Although like AB said there is shortage of faces in the main event, maybe this is his cue to make that final push, but with Punk also trying to get there, it looks like their could be some serious competiton between those two to actually make it big.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night Smackdown!   Friday Night Smackdown! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 4:45 pm

TV Show of the year, excellent show all round, I watched it 3 times
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night Smackdown!   Friday Night Smackdown! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Best Smackdown i've seen in along time.There wasn't a bad match on the card the morrison benjamin maqtch could have been longer but other than that great show hopefully they'll keep up the quality.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night Smackdown!   Friday Night Smackdown! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Theirs no need not to although that is setting myself up for disappointment, but really, everything on SD just now is so fresh so their is no need why it can't continue match that kind of quality
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
madmax
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
madmax

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night Smackdown!   Friday Night Smackdown! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 11:55 pm

yea i thought it was excellent too. I think a morison jericho feud could be brilliant and could really help morison get over big time. he definatley could be main-eventing by the end of the year hes got everything needed to make it bigtime he just needs to be used correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday Night Smackdown!   Friday Night Smackdown! Empty

Back to top Go down

Friday Night Smackdown!
Page 1 of 1