Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

now the draft is over and done with......................

Go down 
+3
madmax
the-gaffer
yarmouthblade
7 posters
AuthorMessage
yarmouthblade
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event

Country : now the draft is over and done with...................... Scotland-2

Number of posts : 164

now the draft is over and done with...................... Empty
PostSubject: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:39 pm

what do you think the whole smackdown, raw and ecw will pan out like?
i for one am glad the chris jerico has gone over to smackdown because his is one of the best heels in the wwe and with vicky j going to raw they needed some one to spice it up a bit and jerico will do this just fine.
i see hhh has gone back to raw will they re form dx again hope not cos thats old news now.
i posted on someone elses post that cm punk was great on the mic i only watched the two videos that they had of him but he looked awsome on the mic he new how to work the crowd.
i'de say give him a chance on the mic and show them how it should be done.
am sorry if there been loads of posts like this before but i been a bit buzy and wanted to have my say.
thanks guys whats your thoughts opn the draft?
oh by the way has anyone got or know where to get the full list of the draft draw am sure that what was on the show that it was'nt the full list thanks for any infoe
Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
yarmouthblade
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event

PostSubject: Re: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:40 pm

opps ignore that last sentence lol i just found it thanks
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:49 pm

I'm happy with the draft, I think all the shows have done really well, RAW got all the big names which was what they wanted, they are really going to try and sell that now as the A show and will try and hit the 4s in the rating, so having all the top guys their makes sense, SD looks once again like its going to be the Wrestling show and with Jericho/Edge/Punk/Shelton/Jeff on the show then some pretty exciting matches look likely

ECW is my favourite show right now, Swagger and Christian are excellent and hopefully now he is the official #1 contender for the strap he will be given ample time on the stick to really sell their Backlash match

Evan Bourne is getting back to his best now as well, Finlay, Kozlov and Paul Burchill can make the step up as well and with Ezekiel and Mark Henry have two big monsters, their is also the potential to form the Hart Foundation 2.0 now Kidd, Smith and Natalya all on the one brand
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
madmax
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
madmax

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:45 pm

I think smackdown will be the must see show with main eventers that can work well. There is a good balance of heels and babyfaces and a lot of potential unseen fueds like punk- edge, hardy-jericho and jericho taker.

Also if the likes of morison benejaim r truth and rey there can be some special matches for ic belt. Do you think after the international tour and backlash evryone will stay on their respective brands cause it just seems like a free for all at the moment.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:01 am

Yea I fancy after Backlash everything will settle down
Back to top Go down
yarmouthblade
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event

PostSubject: Re: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:42 am

yeah whats the point in haveing a draft when they just go on shows anyway,unless theshow is dropping in rateings they should stay on the respective show.
now they done the draft there should be enough tallent on each show to keep the ratings up.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 10:23 am

I think it will calm down after Backlash, most of the fueds where already in place and Backlash had already signed a few of the matches, so they had to keep those feuds going to an extent
Back to top Go down
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'

Country : now the draft is over and done with...................... England-1

Location : Nottingham Number of posts : 160 Favourite Wrestler : Evan Bourne
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
John Morrison

PostSubject: Re: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 7:18 pm

I'm happy with the draft and i think it has freshened up the rosters nicely despite the lack of massive shcok moves and suprises that some were clamouring for.

I think Raw 'won' the draft and got a lot of the big names which as gaffer said is fair enough as it is being pushed as the top show. I expect a Batista heel turn down the road soon as well, as Raw is a little short of heel main eventers which i also hope means they consider Matt Hardy a main eventer as he deserves it. However, it's the mid-card where Raw really wins for me and this excites me the most. The likes of MVP, Matt Hardy (if he's still mid-card), the Miz, Kofi, Mr. Kennedy etc can have a number of great feuds i believe that will also add prestige to the U.S Title. And who knows what they'll do with a Finlay-less Hornswoggle! I imagine they'll be very happy with their lot and i can't wait for the new feuds to develop.

While on paper Smackdown! lost many of its big names to Raw, the Smackdown! roster now excites me a lot more than before. The main event scene for me personally is much more interesting than Raw's now i believe. Jericho is beyond immense and the possibility of a Jericho-Taker feud (even though i'm not a masisve Taker fan) is something that should excite any WWE viewer. On top of those 2 if you add in Jeff, Edge, Punk, maybe Benjamin? and probably Morrison a year or so down the line - then you got one hell of a wrestling show. Although the mid-card is painfully weak in my eyes and is really looking to be carried by Mysterio and Morrison (in the short-term) there is potential there, so i'm gonna withold judgement for the time being.

Like Gaffer, ECW is my favourite show right now and they did much better than i expected out of the draft, although this is more to do with the people they didn't lose rather than those they gained. Swagger is superb, WWE's future, Christian is immense, i love Bourne more than words can say, Finlay's great and of the new guys i have good expectations of Jackson and Helms. Throw in the big guys Henry and Kozlov (who i'm giving another chance) and you've got a crowded roster for a one hour show. There are so many feuds that could work here and the prospect of a new Hart Foundation is something i hope ECW also explore in the near future. It's gonna take a lot for the two 'bigger' brands to surpass ECW in my eyes any time soon.

So, overalli think the draft was good and has opened up a number of great possible feuds as well as making Smackdown! a must-see show now for me (whereas it wasn't before).

N.B. You may notice i didn't include the Divas in my analysis. That is because i don't care about them - their matches are the perfect time for a toilet/drinks break.
Back to top Go down
Spinebuster_94
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
Spinebuster_94

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 11 Favourite Wrestler : Arn Anderson

PostSubject: Re: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:28 pm

I was hoping for Bourne and Christian to move from ECW. But, after the draft I'd like to see Hart Foundation 2.0 take on Bourne and a partner.
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:32 pm

im glad jericho was kept off the same show as trips, and can see him getting 1 or 2 world title reigns on SD, but his starting feud looks to be with mysterio, which could help the ic title seem even slightly important again
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:41 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a Jericho/Mysterio feud but not over the IC title, their is plenty of talent who could use that division as a platform, Chris Jericho is way beyond that level in my opinion, I think he is just going against Mysterio just now on tour because they can put up a good match and they are now on the same brand (SD guys doing RAW shows)

I'm hoping to see Jericho/Undertaker over the next few months, wouldn't mind seeing a few more Punk/Mysterio matches, the match they had in the final of the IC tournament was top notch
Back to top Go down
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'

Location : Nottingham Number of posts : 160 Favourite Wrestler : Evan Bourne
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
John Morrison

PostSubject: Re: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:30 pm

I agree that Jericho would be wasted on the IC title and am looking forward to him feuding with Taker and hopefully Punk down the line as those 2 promoing would be almost as good as the actual wrestling.

I'm not too fussed about Punk-Mysterio and would rather see a Mysterio-Morrison feud starting as Rey wouldn't be an impossible to believe underdog and i enjoy watching both men wrestle. Rey is a poor man's Evan Bourne 8), so Mysterio-Morrison should be great if the Morrison-Bourne match on ECW was anything to go by.

Also looks like the brands are coming into play post-Backlash as the commentators kept saying the superstars would be officially moving after Sunday, this is their last match on Raw etc. Glad to hear that although why they didn't wait until after Backlash to do the draft is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
tim157b
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
tim157b

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 7:59 am

HHH back to raw is good i figured that he would go back to raw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: now the draft is over and done with......................   now the draft is over and done with...................... Empty

Back to top Go down

now the draft is over and done with......................
Page 1 of 1