Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The Draft

Go down 
+5
Discopants
the-gaffer
Mat143(Mike hill)
InvincibleIleak
feяgie22
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 4:07 am

To Raw

Spoiler:

To Smackdown

Spoiler:

To ECW

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:09 am

Very dissapointed that the Matt/Jeff feud seems to have ended this way. It had the possibility of getting both massvily over with the crowd, and Jeff didn't even get one victory over Matt so it just didn't feel like the end.

I'm also annoyed that Miz and Morrison who have been the best tag team in recent years for WWE have been split up so suddenly and with little backlash from it. There could have been a big feud after they split up. I'm also suprised that it is the Miz being given the chance on Raw as I always suspected that Morrison would come off the better once they split up.

Glad MVP has been moved to Raw as he had nothing going for him on Smackdown, he'd been pretty much exhausted of all he could do. Raw will give him a new platform to hopefully propel him to the main event, Rey Mysterio had to go back to Smackdown, it's where he basically belongs and I just think its all round better.

Chris Jericho's move to Smackdown was a very good one, as he can now take charge of SD as the main heel which in turn will hopefully take the pressure of Edge who has carried Smackdown for years as their heel. Hopefully this will result in a feud with the Undertaker, before 'Taker can retire, I can't wait to see Jericho be the best on Smackdown.

Was quite suprised Big Show got moved to Raw as I didn't really expect it. I can't see much competition for him on Raw though unless he steps down a notch into the upper mid card rather than the main event.

Triple H was basically on Raw anyway so it wasn't exactly a suprise.

Not suprised ECW didn't get much as I guess there will be more for them with the supplementary draft with hopefully Regal moving over.

Glad CM Punk is on Smackdown as it is the perfect place for him to develop into a true main eventer. In the Raw main event he looked out of depth and so on Smackdown he can really be given the time he needs, hopefully a feud with Edge is coming up.

I think the biggest shock however is Raw is left with two world titles, which could signal CM Punk doing something soon or Edge beating Cena at Backlash. I'm presuming Cena will spend the build up to Backlash mainly on Smackdown while Triple H/Orton takes the spotlight on Raw. But can't see Cena keeping the championship much longer unless he gets moved to SD. Definatly can't see that happening in the supplementary draft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:19 am

I think with Cena Not moving it could just give away one result at Backlash already because I can't see them having both world titles.But I also think it would be the perfect time for Punk to cash in MITB against Cena at the PPV,It would provide something memorable at the PPV and Give a bit more credibilty to Punk who won on Raw Last year.

Great move taking him to Smackdown along with Jericho and that could potentially be a feud of the year,and Imagine the matches those two could put on :-D and could also give him a feud with edge which would have the potential to be great as well.

Big show will probably carry on the Vickie story as she's the GM so could be used like edge was last year i.e using her power to get everything.

Kane to smackdown is good as may finally get to do something worthwhile.Same with mysterio.

Hopefully MVP will get pushed up the card on Raw.

I Like Leak am most disappointed about Matt Moving I can't really see anything for him on Raw and the feud could have gone on for another 2/3 Months imo.Like Leak said Jeff didn't even get a win against hardy in the two main matches.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:12 am

Was a bit underwhelmed with the draft, I suspected Big Show, Triple H and MVP would all go to RAW but I was sure Matt would be allowed to stay on SD and become a serious contender for main event status, that being said I would really like to see a programme with Shawn Michaels vs Matt Hardy and with Shawn looking for some time off to help a knee injury then a big win could propel Matt Hardy

Really disappointed Christian wasn't drafted, their is still a chance he will be but I thought the time would have been on a live RAW, maybe with him still involved in the 'ECW title chase' they didn't want to spoil it by drafting anyone but still, I think the place would have erupted if Christian had been drafted to SD

With Jericho, Edge, CM Punk and Jeff Hardy all on the blue brand it would be perfect for Christian in my opinion
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:13 am

Another thing, I thought almost everyone was positive Rey Mysterio was going to SD so leaving him until the last was a bit anti-climatic
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:57 am

Sleep

Looks like an incredibly dull draft. Told ya Taker would be staying put though. I've read they want to stop being so strict on the whole brand thing too, which would explain why Smackdown didn't get much.

And has HHH ever done anything on Smackdown? He hasn't had any proper feuds really, proper pointless pick he was last year. Everyone wanted him and Taker or a decent feud with Edge and we got none of that.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:38 pm

I thought Triple H moving to SmackDown! would have given him his most enjoyable year since around 2003 time but it flopped big time, I was hoping for a long programme with Edge but it got a quick build up with a low key B PPV match and that was it

I also hoped he would have a big programme with The Undertaker and possibly with Jeff Hardy as well but he got the long programme with Kozlov with Jeff being the side show for him

I'm surprised Taker is not on RAW to be honest, while I never expected him to go their any other year I thought this year was the time he would move, glad he isn't though, I have been desperate to see a long feud with Chris Jericho for a long time, hopefully Kane can be included in it somehow
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:45 pm

jericho punk edge and hardy.

isnt this basicly what we wanted on smackdown last year?

the smaller talented guys. even mysterio could go for an eventual title against any of those guys

cena batista HHH all roid happy together on raw. easy.

might have to try watch smackdown on the internet now, can only make it better IMO esp without HHH
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:00 pm

While I don't want to see Mysterio as champion he would be able to have top quality matches with the likes of Jericho Punk and Edge, I'm hoping Christian gets drafted tomorrow though
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:08 pm

really think punk and hardy will now be the "Faces" of smackdown.

punk has had a very rapid rise and hardy has been in the wwe for a long long time and with 2 brilliant heels in jericho and edge to work with I think it could elevate them even higher.

I do think punk and hardy have what it takes to take smackdown forward and if christian joined them, then all the better.

whats this about drafting 2morrow?
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Supplemental draft or summit, where they shift all the jobbers and that about.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 5:30 pm

Not just for jobbers, however I think with a big Triple Threat tonight on ECW they probably didn't want to spoil it by drafting Christian, could be wrong though

Sexton I like your thinking but I would love to see an Edge face turn to be honest, he is a brilliant heel but needs to show what he can do as a face, Jericho would be perfect for him, could be feud of the year
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Was there no some rumours about Jericho turning Face again?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Hope not, I love Jericho in this role and I don't think he has reached its peak yet, I think Jericho will turn face again, but I think he has plenty of mileage left yet in this character yet
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 7:01 pm

only thing im thinking is, its quite a strange charactor to turn face from without being even more of a hypocrite lol.

But moving brands he could use the fact he was misused on raw, felt he was booked wrong and after trying to save raw realised that raw wasnt thankful at all for his return, but smackdown can be a new start.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 7:38 pm

I thought the only way of getting him face again would be using Steamboat, since Jericho was a huge Steamboat fan, he could have been the only guy to make him 'see the light'

For everything Jericho has said though, everything is all true so he doesn't come across as a hypocrite, yet anyway
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:42 pm

I think there is a lot more things to do before Edge needs to turn face, with CM Punk on Raw now a feud between those two would be great. For me Smackdown just got better, MVP and Matt leaving were the only dissapointing things for them and they got Mysterio and Punk to cover for them anyway.

Some tasty feuds looming. Jericho/Punk, Jericho/Taker, Jericho/Mysterio, Jericho/Jeff. Edge/Punk, Edge/Mysterio. Punk/Taker.

Any one of those feuds could make some brilliant television.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Don't really think Edge has much left now as a heel with the possible exception of a feud with CM Punk

If Punk cashes in the MitB and wins the Gold then Edge can claim that he has a score to settle with Punk since he screwed him out of the title last Summer

That apart though he has done everything else on SD against the top faces, fueds with Jeff and Taker and he had a few series of matches with Rey Mysterio last year before he got injured, infact they actually wrestled a match while Rey was injured because it was a PPV

At least as a face it would give him a new dimension and also give him a chance to face Jericho and hopefully Shelton
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:08 pm

I just can't see him as a face I guess, I think they need to keep it going as a heel though. He's one of the most hated people in the WWE and I think WWE should carry on juicing that for a long time yet.

It would need something big to turn Edge face and I just don't know what could.

I wouldn't mind seeing another fued with Mysterio as they didn't really get the time they should have. The Punk/Edge fued could take place immediatly after Backlash if Edge is about to beat Cena with the ten count but Punk cashes it in just after, or just before. Perfect oppurtunity and will get a world title back on Smackdown.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:19 pm

Worst move of this draft is MVP going off to Raw.

There's nothing there for him at all. He's going somewhere with far too many big names for him to go over and too many big names to push into the main event. He would have been great where he was, especially with Punk and Jericho going over. He fits in with that youthful, talented look Smackdown have now and I think Raw is gonna be like running into a brick wall for him. He'll find himself jobbing out week in week out to one of the many mighty faces on Raw.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:25 pm

I disagree, there is a big space for face to slot into that upper mid card slot which MVP will fit into perfectly. What I think though is that it will take much longer for him to break into the main event on Raw as now Batista has come back there is pretty much no space for a face main eventer.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:34 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
I just can't see him as a face I guess, I think they need to keep it going as a heel though. He's one of the most hated people in the WWE and I think WWE should carry on juicing that for a long time yet.

It would need something big to turn Edge face and I just don't know what could.

I wouldn't mind seeing another feud with Mysterio as they didn't really get the time they should have. The Punk/Edge feud could take place immediately after Backlash if Edge is about to beat Cena with the ten count but Punk cashes it in just after, or just before. Perfect opportunity and will get a world title back on Smackdown.

The Rey/Edge feud didn't get long, it was long enough though, as much as they could have a good match you need to make it believable that the challenger will actually win a title and Rey was never and in my opinion will never win another one, not in a 1 on 1 match anyway and not as a face

I disagree about him being one of the most hated people in the WWE, a lot of his heat over the last 12 months has generated from being associated with Vickie, when they 'split' during the Summer and he had that Psychotic segment with Mick Foley the arena was going mental, the fans where turning, even during this recent feud with Cena and the Show the fans where marking for him especially when he took out Vickie and Show
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:38 pm

I'd be interested to see how MVP does on RAW, I think he has needed a change for a while and I actually think RAW will suit him, he is very good on the stick and thats the more segment based show, Also MVP can have some very decent matches however RAW tends to have shorter matches so MVP might actually look even better on RAW if he is putting in the same effort for a 5 minute match that he would do on SD for an 8 minute match

I can see a heel turn from Batista, RAW has lost two main event heels in the last week with JBL retiring and Jericho being drafted, it leaves only Orton and the Big Show, I think Show will have a feud with Batista maybe before the turn but I can see Batista turning
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:41 pm

I agree that Batista will turn soon. Raw has no main event heels apart from Orton and maybe Matt Hardy (if he is counted). I could see it happening in the tag team match at Backlash, it's all set up for the turn for someone, most likely Batista, but the motive is still missing.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:33 pm

I was thinking about the motive last night while watching RAW when Trips was doing his promo claiming he should face Orton because its all down to him, Orton is pissed at Batista because he backstabbed him in Evolution, thats why he kicked him in the head, but all that was down to Triple H who ordered it to happen!

So Batista could claim that all his woes are down to Triple H, who basically took the blame for Orton kicking Batista in the head, like HHH said, it all goes back to Evolution, Batista could claim its Hunters turn to get punished
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Draft   The Draft Empty

Back to top Go down

The Draft
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next