Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future

Go down 
+6
Discopants
Doomhammer
madmax
desert_dude1985
boschbourne06
the-gaffer
10 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future Empty
PostSubject: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:51 pm

Quote :
After his performance at Wrestlemania and on Raw, WWE have decided to make Ricky "The dragon" Steamboat a regular performer for the next month or so.

The current plan is to put him against Jericho in a singles match at Backlash.

Steamboat retired from in-ring action when he injured his back in a match with Steve Austin for WCW in 1994.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 7:16 pm

great news steamboat i just said in another thread i think he could have another wwe run glad to see we'll be seeing more of him i was surprised to see at his age he's still got it
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 7:28 pm

I wasn't so sure, I was just happy to live with what we got from Steamboat, I hope they don't push him to hard, that being said the more intense he trains the stronger and fitter he will become, like I say I just hope he doesn't push it to hard!
Back to top Go down
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Country : Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future Scotland-2

Location : UK Number of posts : 297 Favourite Wrestler : Christian, Morrison, Kaz, Taker, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:38 pm

its amazing to see someone like him back. back in 1996 when jake roberts came back to do king of the ring he was only 41 and they were calling him OLD! steamboat is well past 50 and they arent sayin a thing haha!
i love it tho, he really still does have it!
Back to top Go down
madmax
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
madmax

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:47 pm

After not seeing steamboat in his prime its awesome seing him now and hopefully he has a little run to backlash with a last hurah against jericho. Hes unbleviable for over 50 he could teach half the roster how to work
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:58 pm

was he the guy that lasted the longest against Jericho?

if so, then yeah, i enjoyed his performance, and would like to see him back in a limited capacity
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:06 pm

Yes thats the guy Doom, he wrestled on RAW and was excellent again
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Suppose it's been oright the way this legends things eventually panned out.

I thought Rourke would be absolutely awful so I'm glad that was scrapped. Just watch WCW and realise Celebrity wrestling doesn't work.

The main reason I reckon it's good though is that everyone, young marks and wise old men (Gaff Smile) knows Hogan and Austin inside out. Everyone knows the gimmick and the talent those lot have.

But by the sounds of it some people have no idea who this "Steamboat fellow" is which is a huge shame because he was such a talent and easily deserves the be remembered properly when the likes of Flair are put on a pedestal. The younger fans now know Ricky and it's great to see him getting recognition rather than yet another ham fisted Hogan match.

Good stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:45 pm

I agree with almost all of that post Disco, only im not as old as you and grandad Maccs Laughing
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 1:20 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Yes thats the guy Doom, he wrestled on RAW and was excellent again

yeah, i saw him after finally watching raw. he was damn good. He'll be great in a limited capacity.
Back to top Go down
JohnReid1
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Number of posts : 202

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:03 pm

If hes gonna keep doing the high flying moves like he did at mania and Raw then come the Steamboat
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 4:46 pm

I've always loved to watch Steamboat, and I'd even rank him above Flair in terms of in-ring ability, so it's a real shame that he isn't recognised by most of the newer fans. That being said, as much as I love him, and he still put in a good performance at Mania, I really felt that should have been it. The guy was forced to retire due to a serious injury, so a one off match might be ok, but anything more is kinda pushing it I think.
Back to top Go down
bengt
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:31 pm

'The Dragon' Steamboats old classic
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:42 pm

bengt wrote:
'The Dragon' Steamboats old classic

Come again? Laughing
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:44 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
I've always loved to watch Steamboat, and I'd even rank him above Flair in terms of in-ring ability, so it's a real shame that he isn't recognised by most of the newer fans. That being said, as much as I love him, and he still put in a good performance at Mania, I really felt that should have been it. The guy was forced to retire due to a serious injury, so a one off match might be ok, but anything more is kinda pushing it I think.

Agree with this completely
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:12 pm

It's in his own hands though, not as if he's contracted or anything.

He should resist taking it on but there should be at least 3 or 4 occasions throughout the year when he would be welcomed back, particularly with most legends either dead, dying or at TNA these days.
Back to top Go down
Pala!
Wrestling Mates in living room
Wrestling Mates in living room
Pala!

Location : Dublin, Ireland Number of posts : 70 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock/CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:23 pm

I marked for Steamboat tbh. I think he can have a very good - great match with Jericho. I would like the feud to run another two months or so as I think it could be a great feud. Its been alright but they could bring Steamboats son in and something there.
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestlingforum.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:13 pm

I think wha Steamboat did over the weekend was near on perfect, thats why I would rather he left it be although until Backlash would be ok but beyond that in a regular role in an actual feud then I just don't think it would improve on what he did
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future   Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future Empty

Back to top Go down

Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboats WWE Future
Page 1 of 1