Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

who has been the best heel so far this year?

Go down 
+7
C4lum
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
pathhh
InvincibleIleak
thegunman84
the-gaffer
yarmouthblade
11 posters
AuthorMessage
yarmouthblade
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event

Country : who has been the best heel so far this year? Scotland-2

Number of posts : 164

who has been the best heel so far this year? Empty
PostSubject: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 10:48 am

for me it has to be chris jerico, he gets the crowed so wound up when hes on the mic they just wanna get in the ring and kick the hell out off him.
randy orten is trying his best but when he does summet wrong he holds his hand up to his mouth and relises what he has done when jerico does he does'nt care which makes him the better heel.

what do other people think?

who is the better heel and why?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 11:10 am

Good topic, for me though there is only once choice, Randy Orton!

He has been everything I want a heel to be, from punting the living day lights out of an old guy and his son to giving a woman an RKO to threatening to get WrestleMania canciled and all the while winning the Royal Rumble.

I love Jericho and Edge, both are entertaining as hell I just feel Randy Orton is a step above right now although the week before the Rumble when Jericho got reinstated I would have said he is the best heel, since then though Randy has took it to a knew level, its all good though
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 12:11 pm

Haven't been watching WWE this year, but both guys that have been mentioned were great heels the last I saw them (even if jericho's title reign only served to make him look like a bitch).

For me it's a close call between Kurt Angle and Nigel McGuinness, and i think I have to give the edge to Angle. his egomaniac character may very well be at it's peak right now, resulting in one hell of an intense Angle.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Country : who has been the best heel so far this year? England-1

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 5:32 pm

I think its Jericho, even in a crap storyline with Ric Flair and Micky Rourke I still find him the most enjoyable thing on Raw.

Edge is fast catching up though with Orton just behind him. I don't know what it is about Orton but I just don't like him. I find him boring I guess, but he is growing on me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 6:11 pm

Orton is your 3rd heel?

Interesting
Back to top Go down
pathhh
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
pathhh

Number of posts : 483 Favourite Wrestler : Orton/Goldberg

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:14 pm

I agree with the gunman on Angle. His character has developed so well and at this point I think his character is perfect with his intensity. Also I would have to go with Orton as a second choice for his brilliant work attacking Shane and Vince and Steph
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Country : who has been the best heel so far this year? Untitl11

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:12 pm

TNA: Kurt Angle is up there by a country mile, whilst Kevin Nash has the mic skills to keep up with Angle you'll be hard pushed to find someone that portrays the heel role as good as Angle does in the ring. He has kept the the MEM angle alive for me as its dropping fast with the exclusion of the younger people and more focus on 3D, Foley and Ryhno.

WWE: This time last year i would have straight away said Edge but his storys have been weak for the last four months so i cant put him in for it and the same applies to Jericho. Orton stands out as the above people (Gaffer, Yarmouth and Leek) have said is playing his role to near perfection although the 'mental condition' thing gives a reason for it all instead of him just being a ruthless, heartless and violent person. Still loving his role but even for his greatness ill say Vikkie G as the best heel. There is no real focus on her but the heat she generates is amazing, weather it be because of past roles the fact that she can keep the heat going even now is a great tribute to her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:22 pm

As far as winding up the crowd and recieving proper hatred by some i would go with Jericho followed by Orton followed by Vickie Guerrero

Matt Hardy could be worth a shout in a few months time, turning on his hugely popular babyface brother has surely developed alot of hatred towards him

Edge is another great heel aswell but he's dropped down my list so far this year, although i still enjoy watching him the most
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:23 pm

Oh, and there is JBL who has been awsome so far this year
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:49 pm

Has to be Orton. Each of the WWE heels are playing different types of heel (JBL is the arrogant bully boss that we'd all love to smack, Jericho the whiny little bastard who you know deep down is right in everything he says and you hate him for it, Edge the OTT coward who hides behind his wife, Orton is the vicious bastard who's playing on his 'mental disorder' to excuse him), and all 4 have played their roles brillaintly. Edge has been the best heel in the business for a while, but Orton's mike work has been brillaint, as has his acting. The bit that's sealing it for me is how realistic he makes his punts look, the slo-mo's on both Vince and Shane are incredible.

Orton all the way for me.

Vickie deserves a special mention, but I think she's great and always on the brink of laughing. I always think the boos get amplified on Smackdown for her, but it amazes me when she appears on PPV's and Raw that she gets heat that most heels can only dream of.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:56 pm

That's the thing Grec, you see people say they hate her and she should be fired, you have to laugh at the ridiculousness of that train of thought, Vince would never get rid of someone who garners the heat she creates with a simple Excuse Me

Brilliance
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:01 pm

Thing is, everyone should like her, she's a widow of a hugely popular guy who died early, the story that gave her control of Smackdown was a bit crappy, and yet she's hated more than Trips could ever manage.

She's got better on-screen as time has gone on, and yet she manages to be completely loathsome, and the 'Diva' (and I use that term very loosely) with the most personality of the lot.

And she's gotta be due for another Tombstoning soon, she's been out of the wheelchair for almost a couple of months now.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:03 pm

I love her, for the fact shes a real woman, not a hot woman, just a real one, shes podgy, she needs drastic make up, shes not got the best voice, but like you said, shes got a cracking personality and despite the reasons she was given the role in the first place she has more than earned her spot now
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:13 pm

she has managed what a certain mr adamle with years of tv experiance couldnt handle.

fair play to the evil cunt, even i beleive shes evil somtimes haha
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:32 pm

To be fair though, that was never Adamles role, he was never asked to garner heat, his character certainly wasn't anyway, the way he was booked was to be fair
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

Country : who has been the best heel so far this year? Scotland-2

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:14 am

Orton by an absolute mile. He has moved an from his what I thought was a slightly boring time for him to being the biggest heel around. I really like his crazy thing he is going through at the moment and he has even made Cody Rhodes intresting which is no mean feat.

Vickie G gets a decent reaction but for me does not do enough for Edge, she seems to be sometimes putting him in compromising posistions which if she was a true GM she would just give him everything he wanted and make him face Funaki week in week out.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:42 pm

My only problem with Vickie is that Edge takes a back seat to her quite a lot, the Edge that was on show before SummerSlam was excellent, he was intense, crazy, out of control and really enjoyable to watch
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : who has been the best heel so far this year? UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 10:01 pm

What I like about the heels now is they aren't the heels of old, they aren't bad guys just because the crowd boo them or through randomly hitting someone but through well thought out plots.
Jericho, Orton and Edge are each at the top of their game, yet each plays a very different and unique style heel.
At present Orton narrowly wins but tbh my opinion changes weekly with each new promo, thought what they did with Edge at NWO was spot on for his character. Jericho needs to get his Mania opponent sorted and has been a bit ot of the mix but that's not down to his actions.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 11:18 pm

Like I said on another thread, or maybe this one, I'm not sure

Jericho is getting heel heat that many new age pro wrestling fans know nothing about, many haven't got a clue what its like to hate someone so much that the fans want to kill him, attack him, try and get in his car to abuse him

Jericho must be loving this, this is serious 80s heat he is getting!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 11:23 pm

What about me on NWF Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who has been the best heel so far this year?   who has been the best heel so far this year? Empty

Back to top Go down

who has been the best heel so far this year?
Page 1 of 1